Difficulty of R&C 2 vs 1 on Vita

Hi All

I have nearly finished R&C1 HD on Vita and I found it alot harder than I was expecting. Some of the skill points took me hours to do ... The Hoverboard Race and the ones that make you do a section without getting hit for example. Also just the game in general took me alot longer than I was expecting because I kept getting killed and the checkpoints are not exactly generous. The controller response on the VITA seems to be really bad and I just found it hard to control Ratchet alot of the time I was falling off ledges due to the twitchy controls.

So anyway I have the HD collection and I'm wondering if R&C2 is any easier to play, or more forgiving / easier than the first game? 

Thanks!

I'm still pissed off they mapped strafing to the rear touchpad on the Vita versions. What an absolutely retarded decision that was. Yeah 1 was a massive pain in the arse, especially the Twisty McMarx one which also forced you to use the rear touchpad to do a trick that's already fairly difficult on a standard controller. Have no idea how I got that one, plus the usual bolt grind which I still haven't done. 2 is also a bit of a pain because of the strafing issues plus the usual difficulty of the ring races in the ship levels and the tendency for rings to just flat out disappear at times rendering it unwinnable on certain runs. I still haven't done them on the Vita version despite not having much trouble on the PS3 version. It felt altogether more sensitive for me plus I think the smaller analogue sticks make it more difficult. 3 allows you to map strafing to an automatic process which makes it a lot more playable than the other two (aside from the occasional death via a strafe jump but that's very minor). What I found odd though was the fact that the games are a lot more stable on the Vita, or at least 3 is. It runs at a lower frame rate obviously but the game doesn't freeze on Aquatos like it can on the PS3 version. 

Anyway I've gone off topic. I would say 1 is probably harder on Vita because of that hoverbaord one and the bolt grind but be aware of those annoying ring races in 2 which can glitch out. 

• Like 1

• 6 years later...