Dynamic Duo Offline

11 minutes ago, Zozobobo57 said:

Is it possible to aquire this trophy without a psplus subscription? I know it wasn't on the ps3. Is that still the case in the ps4 version? I would prefer not spending 50 dollars for one trophy.

To tell you the truth, I don't think they considered that and since there is no split-screen, I am sure you need to have PS+. One thing you can do is make a dummy account and sign it up for the 14 day trial, log into your profile and piggy-back that plus account until you get the trophy, then cancel the trial. If you have a friend that you trust that has PS+, you can put your profile on their PS4 and use their PS+ to play online. Besides that the most you would have to spend is $10 for one month and then at least you have a couple PS+ games to play for the month.

Edited by skateak

17 hours ago, skateak said:

To tell you the truth, I don't think they considered that and since there is no split-screen, I am sure you need to have PS+. One thing you can do is make a dummy account and sign it up for the 14 day trial, log into your profile and piggy-back that plus account until you get the trophy, then cancel the trial. If you have a friend that you trust that has PS+, you can put your profile on their PS4 and use their PS+ to play online. Besides that the most you would have to spend is $10 for one month and then at least you have a couple PS+ games to play for the month.

Jeez, 10 dollars for one trophy is silly but I'll do it. Hopefully I can't find someone in the month I have. I wish that games would have no online trophies. Not everyone wants to reward pay-to-play online policies.

2 hours ago, Zozobobo57 said:

Jeez, 10 dollars for one trophy is silly but I'll do it. Hopefully I can't find someone in the month I have. I wish that games would have no online trophies. Not everyone wants to reward pay-to-play online policies.

Oh I totally get you on that part. I think it is more of Capcom's laziness when it comes to any of their "remasters" and their cut-and-paste way of management. I am pretty sure Devil May Cry 4 has been their best remaster because they actually added stuff and the original PS3 version had insane load times and no trophies. You could always set up a gaming session and make sure you find a reliable person before you pull the trigger on a sub. That way you are prepared since you have no intention of going past 1 month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skateak said:

Oh I totally get you on that part. I think it is more of Capcom's laziness when it comes to any of their "remasters" and their cut-and-paste way of management. I am pretty sure Devil May Cry 4 has been their best remaster because they actually added stuff and the original PS3 version had insane load times and no trophies. You could always set up a gaming session and make sure you find a reliable person before you pull the trigger on a sub. That way you are prepared since you have no intention of going past 1 month.

Good advice. Thank you.