LA Noire coming to PS4

Gwendly

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Maybe they feel a re-release of RDR would be incomplete with the online component, but they don't want to have any online competing with RDR2?

Idunno, I dislike online play but I also highly doubt RDR2 won't have an online component. I can't find a reason why they wouldn't port RDR to PS4 other than that they're maybe gonna sell it bundled with RDR2 when it comes out? Not sure, anyway a very weird business move as I'm sure a PS4 port would sell great.

I'm not sure how a sequel will come into the works. Team Bondi closed years ago, and the people who worked there complained of poor working conditions.

I still think LA Noire was underrated, funny how so many people were suckered into buying it because of the Rockstar label attached to it. But all in all I thought it was good, I'm a big fan of noir movies from the 1940s - 1950s era which made me appreciate the game even more.

The Film Reel and Car Fanatic trophies blow chunks, otherwise the game is fairly easy.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:11 AM, Zach said:

Even with all DLC, this is only worth $40 max. I will get it if it's that cheap or when the price drops.

According to GameStop's listing, it's $39.99. I must say I like the new box art. Looks so much better than the original.

ps4.jpg

Edited by Chansey

the ps4, XBONE versions will have new textures, some sort of a new dynamic weather and better graphics and performance, Pro and XBONEX will have 4K support too.

none of that have actually interested me, what really makes me tempting on get it and play it again on ps4 is due to the newer version will comes with all the DLC's, I played the ps3's original and Plat it already (dear god those golden films reels and driving all the cars were so annoying and boring to get them all) but I refused to pay a single penny to the DLC's.

32 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

the ps4, XBONE versions will have new textures, some sort of a new dynamic weather and better graphics and performance, Pro and XBONEX will have 4K support too.

none of that have actually interested me, what really makes me tempting on get it and play it again on ps4 is due to the newer version will comes with all the DLC's, I played the ps3's original and Plat it already (dear god those golden films reels and driving all the cars were so annoying and boring to get them all) but I refused to pay a single penny to the DLC's.

I found the golden real much more annoying than driving all the cars. If I remember correctly I didn't need many cars after finishing the story (plus I had all dlc done) and I found a good guide and was able to get the ones I needed without much problem. The Golden Reels on the other hand I didn't have a single one when I finished the story and had to get them all.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

The Golden Reels on the other hand I didn't have a single one when I finished the story and had to get them all.

I feel like the Golden Reels were only there to get you to explore all of the areas you never visit during any of the cases. They put a lot of effort into making this incredibly detailed open world, but you hardly even visit any of it during the story. I always found that kind of weird.

On 9/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I feel like the Golden Reels were only there to get you to explore all of the areas you never visit during any of the cases. They put a lot of effort into making this incredibly detailed open world, but you hardly even visit any of it during the story. I always found that kind of weird.

The open world was actually quite big. Takes a good while to get from the Hollywood area (where you work the Vice cases) to the Homocide/Traffic area (middle right end of the map).

Absolutely hated those Golden Reels. There's one in particular where you have to drive down a railroad tunnel a good ways to collect it. The reels were just padding that could of been used instead for random events.

Since I don't have a 4K TV or a Pro I don't know how LA Noire will look on the PS4. The PS3/360 versions had their flaws, but the graphics did present the game quite nicely.

I still think this game was highly underrated. I really want somebody out there to make a spiritual successor. It doesn't necessary have to be with the same characters or the same storyline, but a 1940s - 1950s like Los Angeles with crimes to solve would definitely be a game I would want to buy.

LA. Noire is a game I just keep replaying (I'm on four playthroughs by now, two on X360 and two on PS4).

I'll definitely get the game again so I can eventually get rid of my PS3, I will get it for the Switch though so I can play it on the go.

As for the people who want RDR on PS4: it was a pretty cool game but RDR felt pretty empty to me outside of the main story. I definitely enjoyed RDR (played through it twice), but I enjoyed L.A. Noire much more.