LA Noire coming to PS4

Gwendly

For me the question isn't, is L.A. Noire a fun time. I already beat the game and it was a fun time. My question is, what are they going to add in? Cause I already have a list of improvements or changes I would like, for the game.

1. More content. If they're going to make the leap to PS4, I want even more content. I don't want much, maybe a few undercover police cases? Or a few more missions as a beat cop, before becoming a detective? Also more of Jack Kelso, y'know that other dude that was on the original L.A. Noire cover art? The guy who only shows up again, in the final act. Maybe have a whole separate story, involving Kelso and his line of detective work?

2. Story/Narrative improvements. I felt that while I enjoyed the story, it could be a bit disjointed and lacking at times. There were story elements that were hidden away in newspaper collectables. And the main plot revolves around something that keeps popping up, in the other cases. (I know what it is, just refraining from mentioning this spoiler.)

3. Have a collectable tracker of some kind. L.A. Noire has a LOT of collectables, riding in all the cars, the golden vinyl records, visiting all the landmarks, finding police badges etc. Some method of tracking them, would be appreciated.

4. Less, shooty bang bang, more detective work. I'm not one for turning down the violence, but Cole Phelps is meant to be a detective, not a gunslinger. He's got a bodycount in the triple digits, by the end of the game. Maybe downplay these elements in this re-release. Or perhaps Cole could fire disabling shots, like capping a running thief on the foot or shooting the gun, out of their hand?

49 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

1. More content.

According to Xbox news site there will be new minor bonus content for Xbox One (hopefully, for PS4 and Switch too): Players can also discover new collectible hidden Novel Covers and Golden Vinyl records scattered throughout the world and complete objectives to unlock four new suits, each with unique special abilities.

53 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

3. Have a collectable tracker of some kind.

There is one I personally found helpful on Rockstar Games Social Club web site along with LA map. Game synchronizes data with Social Club every time it autosaves.

1 hour ago, James_Tonto said:

For me the question isn't, is L.A. Noire a fun time. I already beat the game and it was a fun time. My question is, what are they going to add in? Cause I already have a list of improvements or changes I would like, for the game.

1. More content. If they're going to make the leap to PS4, I want even more content. I don't want much, maybe a few undercover police cases? Or a few more missions as a beat cop, before becoming a detective? Also more of Jack Kelso, y'know that other dude that was on the original L.A. Noire cover art? The guy who only shows up again, in the final act. Maybe have a whole separate story, involving Kelso and his line of detective work?

2. Story/Narrative improvements. I felt that while I enjoyed the story, it could be a bit disjointed and lacking at times. There were story elements that were hidden away in newspaper collectables. And the main plot revolves around something that keeps popping up, in the other cases. (I know what it is, just refraining from mentioning this spoiler.)

3. Have a collectable tracker of some kind. L.A. Noire has a LOT of collectables, riding in all the cars, the golden vinyl records, visiting all the landmarks, finding police badges etc. Some method of tracking them, would be appreciated.

4. Less, shooty bang bang, more detective work. I'm not one for turning down the violence, but Cole Phelps is meant to be a detective, not a gunslinger. He's got a bodycount in the triple digits, by the end of the game. Maybe downplay these elements in this re-release. Or perhaps Cole could fire disabling shots, like capping a running thief on the foot or shooting the gun, out of their hand?

I thought this was merely a remaster. 

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

According to Xbox news site there will be new minor bonus content for Xbox One (hopefully, for PS4 and Switch too): Players can also discover new collectible hidden Novel Covers and Golden Vinyl records scattered throughout the world and complete objectives to unlock four new suits, each with unique special abilities.

There is one I personally found helpful on Rockstar Games Social Club web site along with LA map. Game synchronizes data with Social Club every time it autosaves.

Yeah but I want a tracker that doesn't require that. Maybe like an in-game menu or a little book, like the detetctive notepad?

53 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I thought this was merely a remaster. 

Well according to Se7en and the link, there's some new minor content confirmed already. I basically don't want to just buy a prettier version of the same game, if I wanted that, I'd play Skyrim on PS4. Which I don't intend to get, if only cause I dislike the implementation of the creation club in Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Edited by James_Tonto

13 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

Well according to Se7en and the link, there's some new minor content confirmed already. I basically don't want to just buy a prettier version of the same game, if I wanted that, I'd play Skyrim on PS4. Which I don't intend to get, if only cause I dislike the implementation of the creation club in Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

That's pretty good. What I want to know is how good LA Noire is going to look on a PS4 Pro with an Ultra 4K TV. I can't afford either of those things so I basically have to settle with the current 1080p TV and original PS4 setup I got right now.

I don't really want to play a prettier version of the same game either. Mostly because that Film Reel trophy and Car Fanatic trophy were a pain in the ass to get. Took me a few hours of frustration to get both of them.

Don't have Skyrim. I got enough games on my backlog to play for the upcoming months.

3 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

That's pretty good. What I want to know is how good LA Noire is going to look on a PS4 Pro with an Ultra 4K TV. I can't afford either of those things so I basically have to settle with the current 1080p TV and original PS4 setup I got right now.

I don't really want to play a prettier version of the same game either. Mostly because that Film Reel trophy and Car Fanatic trophy were a pain in the ass to get. Took me a few hours of frustration to get both of them.

Don't have Skyrim. I got enough games on my backlog to play for the upcoming months.

A prettier version of the game is all you'll get (for now). It's basically a remaster with a better camera, with some extra work done on the visuals for the PS4/X1 and with motion/touch controls for the Switch.

My personal guess is that Rockstar is testing the water, seeing if an L.A. Noire sequel would be profitable. Let's be honest, Rockstar is our best shot at an L.A. Noire sequel - the Team Bondi leftovers that disappeared into a different company are never finishing their proposed spiritual successor, Whore Of The Orient. L.A. Noire was halfway there to being L.A. Confidential, Rockstar could keep a sequel in the same setting and adapt more of the L.A. Quartet series.

Personally, I don't feel like getting a "polished" version of L.A. Noire - I think polishing its graphics would only highlight the flaws in said graphics. That being said, it's still a game I feel like replaying a couple of times and I want to eventually get rid of my PS3, which is why I will buy the new version (on the Switch).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21.09.2017 at 4:05 AM, Se7en said:

There is pre-order page on PS Store: US / UK. And now it is confirmed this new content will be available on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch as well.

• 2 weeks later...