NBA 2K18 Trophy Thoughts

Terra

Not like I was gonna get the game anyway, but they have lost originality with the platinum name once again by repeating "Kit and Kadoodle" for 4 games in a row. MyTEAM will likely be making this game one of the rarest sports game platinums on PSN just like the series had been doing for a few years already. 

A shame they are repeating the plat name again for a 3rd time because this studio makes real good trophy names, in fact some of the best trophy names I've ever seen are from 2k15, 16, 17 and 18 on the PS4; "Forever will it dominate your destiny", "Time is money, friend", "The measure of a man", "He's going rogue", "I'd buy that for a dollar" and "I'm going pro, capeesh?" to name but a few. 

That gold MyTEAM trophy is probably the deal breaker and since a series veteran in this thread has also commented on that specific trophy, it's one to watch.  Hopefully doesn't require you to re-mortgage your house this time though!

Edited by Potent_Delusions

I can't believe that they didn't add a trophy for winning the Playoff in any mode. Very disappointing. Once again the trophies focus on MyPlayer and MyTeam while all the MyGM trophies can be completed in an hour or so. I wish they put more focus on MyGM because that's the only mode I'm interested in.

2 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

That gold MyTEAM trophy is probably the deal breaker and since a series veteran in this thread has also commented on that specific trophy, it's one to watch.  Hopefully doesn't require you to re-mortgage your house this time though!

Well, we'll see.  They're not hard, just not practical to do.

This is how a "Trophy Thoughts" discussion topic title should be. Always good to know which game is being talked about.

OT: Not really a fan of NBA, but the trophies look great. The only thing that will make it look bad is when it becomes unobtainable.