Prototype PS4 controller photo leaked

AndroidFox

xlarge.jpg

This photo, which as far as we can tell first appeared at Destructoid, appears to be a prototype controller for the next PlayStation. From the look of it, it mostly matches up with what our sources have told us about the system, code-named Orbis.

An industry source familiar with the new system tells us the photo is the real deal. But bear in mind, it may not represent the final form of the controller. The touch-pad on the front of the controller is particularly interesting. According to the official Orbis documentation that was shared with us a few weeks ago, it will be a two-point multi-touch capable "pad" similar to the one on the back of the Vita. It can also be clicked for an additional input. Curiously, this prototype seems to not include a "Share" button, despite that button being described in the documentation.

I've contacted Sony to see if this is real, and will update if I hear back. We'll likely learn more next week, as Sony is expected to unveil the new console at an event in New York on February 20.

http://kotaku.com/59...-ps4-controller

Edited by AndroidFox

I dislike how they try to make everything so complicated now... They should go back to the boomerang design..

That would help a lot of gamers on here, it seems. They rage at a game, throw the controller and instead of smashing on the ground like the competition, it flies around the room and lands right back in your hands. $60 saved. That could be a great marketing campaign for Sony.

Parker

• Like 2

That would help a lot of gamers on here, it seems. They rage at a game, throw the controller and instead of smashing on the ground like the competition, it flies around the room and lands right back in your hands. $60 saved. That could be a great marketing campaign for Sony.

Parker

That made me grin. I really don't understand why people throw controllers. I NEVER throw controllers. They are not cheap and I value them. My dad actually broke our 40 inch HDTV by being angry and slamming a controller into the ground which bounced up and struck the TV, shattering it. On the bright side, we upgraded and got a 60 inch HDTV :D