FFVIII Theories Finally Put to Rest

Dav9834

When it comes to stuff like this, headcanon is more important, imo. Because, most fan theories are wrong, especially when it comes to older stuff. As illustrated in the full interview, they don't think that in depth, and fan theories are generally just people over analyzing. Some fan theories also get confirmed by the director/writer/whoever just because that person likes the sound of it. Just like in this interview, where Kitase says that he likes the idea of Squall dying at the end of the first disc, and would incorporate it into a remake, given the chance. Essentially making it canon, just because he liked the idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

In the cutscene where squall was stabbed, you could tell it went into his right shoulder, not sure why people thought he was dead.

To be fair it wasn't just the ice projectile, once struck he also fell a considerable distance from a sizeable parade float. I thought it was an interesting theory at least but I never really bought into it.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Well, that's disappointing. To be honest, I think I would have preferred it if he just stayed quiet so players could come to their own interpretations. Those two fan theories were always super interesting to me, especially the one about Squall dying at the end of disc 1. It was fun to speculate.

It's interesting how he mentions a remake of the game. I'd love to see that, but would happily settle for a PS4 version of the original much like FFVII got.

Yea, I'd love to see it ported to PS4 like FFVII was, I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult as it's already on Steam with achievements (some crazy achievements on that list I'd love to do!)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Yea, I'd love to see it ported to PS4 like FFVII was, I imagine it shouldn't be too difficult as it's already on Steam with achievements (some crazy achievements on that list I'd love to do!)

I'm still kinda disappointed with how easy FFVII's list was. I don't know why removed some of the harder achievements from Steam's list for the PS4 version. But yeah, while they're at it, they should bring FFIX over to PS4 as well. I'd love to platinum the entire "golden age" of Final Fantasy. ^_^

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm still kinda disappointed with how easy FFVII's list was. I don't know why removed some of the harder achievements from Steam's list for the PS4 version. But yeah, while they're at it, they should bring FFIX over to PS4 as well. I'd love to platinum the entire "golden age" of Final Fantasy. ^_^

And honestly, they need to disable the trophies if you use the cheats. And golden age would be FF4-9 :P 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

As well as thoughts on a FFX-3(omg please no)

Duh that does already exist, it's audio drama stuff though.

Huh, what FF game has "people survive jumping into volcanoes while hugging bombs"?

Oh and i didn't know the theory about KOTR... i wonder who's the idiot who made it lol.

"There's also been long rumoured and wanted remakes of Final Fantasy V and VI and Kitase said earlier this year he's keeping a remake of VI "pending"."

Again? Another re-release?

@Dr_Mayus: it says i don't have permission to view the content.

Edited by Lance_87

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

In the cutscene where squall was stabbed, you could tell it went into his right shoulder, not sure why people thought he was dead. 

Never heard the rinoa theory before, ultimecia uses her powers to posses sorceresses, even states that in the game

Despite the visual similarities between Rinoa and Ultimecia in the final battle you see Ultimecia use Griever as a GF.

And Griever is Squall's pendant which he gives to Rinoa.

Also in (iirc) Dissidia there is Ultimecia which uses either Rinoa's Weapon or Dog (not sure which, someone correct me please).

11 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

Despite the visual similarities between Rinoa and Ultimecia in the final battle you see Ultimecia use Griever as a GF.

And Griever is Squall's pendant which he gives to Rinoa.

Also in (iirc) Dissidia there is Ultimecia which uses either Rinoa's Weapon or Dog (not sure which, someone correct me please).

It's never been confirmed if dissidia is canon or not, as far as her being able to junction griever as a guardian force, all it takes is for her to possess someone for a short time to use their abilities