What Platinum are you most proud of?

Kerwan_Ratchet

I hope you get it! :)

Oh, I will sir, I will. I have completed every single Gran Turismo game to 100% multiple times (except the original copies of GT2 because there was a bug that would keep the game at 98% complete) and as soon as my cockpit is ready and I can play with my wheel on GT5 again (Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster T500RS FTW!) I will be well on my way to platinum. The hardest is behind me because I've already golded the Vettell Challenges so I just need to grind some and she'll be mine.

Parker

As I am not one to put too much value on a trophy, nor do I consider certain trophies for the "Leet" or more "respectable" than others. That being said, the trophy I am most proud of is my first one: Uncharted 2

I was able to prove to myself that I could earn the elusive Platinum if I put my mind and effort into it with that first one, which is why it is, for me, the one I am most proud of.

As I am not one to put too much value on a trophy, nor do I consider certain trophies for the "Leet" or more "respectable" than others.

So Hannah Montana's easiest trophy is just as good as the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or GH Van Halen platinum? Really? Really?

--

Mine would probably be DJ Hero 1's.

If that is what a person enjoys and plays, then yes. I find it rather arrogant for anyone to think they have a right or a self-deluded feeling of elitism to "judge" other gamer's regarding what they play, or what trophies they should or should not have. I am seeing far too many gamer's with some sort of moronic thinking of "respectability" when it comes to trophies.

If you have a PLAT for NInja Gaiden 2, and someone else has the PLAT for Hannah Montana, will that Sigma PLAT further your career, help pay the bills, put food on the table, increase your school grades, or make you a more successful person in any way, shape or form ?

No.

A trophy is part of a video game, and be it the toughest game on the market, or the easiest, the true worth and meaning of a trophy is all the same.

Whatever happened to letting others play what they enjoy?

Unless you are paying for their games, console and TV's, what any other gamer plays is their choice, not anyone else's.

I for one live in the real world, where "respect" isn't measured by ones trophy collection or what video games they play. I play what I enjoy, and I allow others to do the same. Whatever trophies they do or do not earn in doing so is also their business, not mine.

...but then again, I do not put some false sense of worth on trophies like some do. The only time I ever check someone else's trophy card/trophies is when I am considering sending a friend request to see what games we have in common. I sure don't pour over their PLAT list and make false and arrogant assumptions about them based on the trophies they do or do not have.

Well said sir. You couldn't have replied back in a better way. :)

i dont really have a specific one that im proud of, im proud of them all as i spent numerous hours trying to achieve them but i think The Sims 3 has to stand out as its the one that drove me crazy trying to get the trophies to actually pop up was frustrating enough i just felt like snapping the disc sometimes haha but i perseverred (i think thats how you spell it lol)

If that is what a person enjoys and plays, then yes. I find it rather arrogant for anyone to think they have a right or a self-deluded feeling of elitism to "judge" other gamer's regarding what they play, or what trophies they should or should not have. I am seeing far too many gamers with some sort of moronic thinking of "respectability" when it comes to trophies.

If you have a PLAT for NInja Gaiden 2, and someone else has the PLAT for Hannah Montana, will that Sigma PLAT further your career, help pay the bills, put food on the table, increase your school grades, or make you a more successful person in any way, shape or form ?

No.

A trophy is part of a video game, and be it the toughest game on the market, or the easiest, the true worth and meaning of a trophy is all the same.

Whatever happened to letting others play what they enjoy?

Unless you are paying for their games, console and TV's, what any other gamer plays is their choice, not anyone else's.

I for one live in the real world, where "respect" isn't measured by ones trophy collection or what video games they play. I play what I enjoy, and I allow others to do the same. Whatever trophies they do or do not earn in doing so is also their business, not mine.

...but then again, I do not put some false sense of worth on trophies like some do. The only time I ever check someone else's trophy card/trophies is when I am considering sending a friend request to see what games we have in common. I sure don't pour over their PLAT list and make false and arrogant assumptions about them based on the trophies they do or do not have.

Firstly, to judge someone's skill based on their achievements is normal, it's how life works. If someone has a degree from Harvard, it's not at all arrogant to judge them as being more educated than a high-school dropout. That's just common sense. The exact same applies to trophies - someone is likely to be a better gamer if they have very difficult games on their trophy list, because they've proved, in the same way that a degree proves education, that they're capable of such feats.

The "true worth" of a trophy is zero, so of course it's all the same. Trophies are entirely subjective in their worth, given that they cannot really be bought, sold or traded and exist only in a virtual environment. A community centered around trophies, however, is likely to assign them a pretty high worth. I would question why you visit this site and not a more general gaming forum if you don't do so yourself, given you apparently think about 99% of the people on here to be "arrogant" and "elitist".

By your logic, art also has a "false sense of worth" put on it, as its intrinsic value to the human race is also exactly zero, yet many people appreciate it. Why? Because it's enjoyable. Trophies are enjoyable in the same way, so the sense of worth is not at all false, because the sense of worth makes people happy, in the same way that placing such a sense of worth in art does to people. We accept it with art, so why should we not do the same with trophies?

Once again, there is nothing false or arrogant about the conclusions one can draw from a player's trophy list - in the same way that a prospective employer isn't being "false" or "arrogant" by looking at your qualifications when he decides if you should have the job - you could be the most wonderful person on the planet but if you can't prove it on paper then of course you won't get the job. The same principle applies entirely to a gamer's skill. Trophies are meant to be accolades of your prowess and skill in gaming, that is their purpose, and to use them for that exact purpose is just good sense, not arrogance.

So yes, a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 plat is worth more than Hannah Montana's easiest trophy, because we as a community give it that worth, because this is how the world works.

• Like 4