How much do you care about completion?

ayse_99

How much do you care about completion?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. What is a "good" completion rate in your opinion?

• 0%-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • %40-%60
    • %60-%80
    • %80-%100
    • I don't care at all about my completion.

Recently I've been trying to get my completion rate to at least 50%. In the past couple of weeks I've gone from %38.07 to %40.48, which I'm quite proud of :)

How much do you guys care about your completion rate? Do you refuse to add games that will drag your completion down? Go for all the DLC? Not care at all?

• Like 1

Despite my high completion, I don't much care for completion. I don't own a lot of games so I tend to buy what I think I'd like. Usually I like my games and complete them fully because I like to get my monies-worth. However, in the case of Uncharted 4 Survival mode, it's very unlikely I'll complete it because I legitimately don't enjoy playing it. Buying a game solely for trophies seems folly to me but many do it. Some get games only because it is a way to lower their average rarity percentage. 

Anyways, it is a sad thing that occurs with the rush of completion in that those that become lost to the ding of a trophy sometimes forget that the games we play should be for fun and not a second job. While I do applaud any and all that do accomplish difficult tasks and getting a particularly rare trophy, it should be a priority to have fun first.

I tend to do casual speedruns of all the games I play and sometimes post them to my channel. Other times I write guides for them. My enjoyment for my games change all the time :hmm:

• Like 3

I usually only check other's completion to see how commited someome is to trophies. For me it mainly means how much time someone is willing to spend ina boost session, and usually anything about 75% is a good indicator of a commitedboost partner (this is falible and isjust my view).

As for my own profile, I just try to keep it above 90% and try to not add new games if it falls bellow that (I'm kind of failing it now because of how many games I started latelly..).

• Like 2

Unless I actually enjoy the game I don't care about getting the plat. Gaming is supposed to be fun and simply playing a game or forcing yourself to grind out a trophy isn't fun...i remember when trophies first launched, it was all that i cared about and I quickly realized that while hunting trophies can definitely add an extra element of game play to a game, it also takes away from what gaming is actually supposed to be... fun. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I care about completion rate greatly; it's the stat I focus the most on. Number of platinums and PSN level are just a by-product of increasing it.

If a game has an unobtainable platinum, chances are that I'll avoid playing it. I try to 100% DLC whenever I can, but often in AAA games, that can be quite a chore, especially if it has multiplayer trophies. If it's a game I really want to play, though, that won't stop me playing it, even if I don't get the 100%. I know I'm never going to have a 100% profile and that's fine with me. I can take a hit to it very now and then.

Why don't you have a second account to put games on that you know you cant 100%? That way you can still get away with playing them without taking a hit :P

26 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'm going for 100% in any game i start nowadays :) ... i keep replaying games i added before i became a trophy hunter to increase my stats but i know i can't get all to 100%... either some are too hard or because of server shutodwn  1f641.png

This is what I'm doing now! I've had my account since 2010 and only started going for trophies in the past couple of years. I think for this reason my trophies per day will always be low - i spent so many years earning 0 trophies.

• Like 1

Just now, Caesar Clown said:

I'll platinum games I like, and will earn DLC trophies if I think it's worth it and like the game. Only time I didn't was with Castlevania Lords of Shadow because the DLC isn't worth the price, and Lords of the Fallen because I don't know why I bought and finished the DLC.

I've never bought DLC in my life, I just cant justify the price. If I've already bought the game, give me the game dammit! Don't sell half of it to me later!

Just now, ayse_99 said:

Why don't you have a second account to put games on that you know you cant 100%? That way you can still get away with playing them without taking a hit :P

I don't know, I've just never really felt the need to do that. There are only a handful of games I can think of that I would want to play but the trophies prevent me from doing so. The Resistance series for example. Thing is, my backlog is already huge enough to the point where I will probably never get through all of them, especially when I'm adding new games to it all the time. That's why I don't think it's really a big deal if I decide not to play a game or two because of its trophies - I've got plenty of other games to choose from. Also, I'm still hoping they remaster some of these games one day. That usually solves the problem.

For me it kind of depends on the Game, some of them I try and get 100% but if I feel my ability can only warrant me getting 25% then that's fine in my book. 

When it comes to DLC Completion I'm a bit more unsure; like I Platted Final Fantasy XV, yet after playing through the Gladiolus DLC I just haven't been bothered (yet I love the game). 

I wish I could have a 100% rate, but its impossible.  I used to be a lot more serious about completion %.  It still drives me, but I don't stress about it.  I avoid games I can't complete and have dlc (except for goty ed).  I also like rare trophies/games, but I won't stress about that like I used to either.

1 minute ago, TooruPT said:

I don't really care. Can't even imagine how many games I've tried for a couple of hours or even minutes and just decided it wasn't my thing (mostly IGC stuff). No way I'm going back to games I didn't enjoy just to raise my completion.

Interestingly, I've played games that I loved like TLOU and Dishonoured and just could never be bothered to play again (for higher difficulty/collectables etc). I'm slogging my way through Uncharted 1 crushing difficulty now, but I'm not really one for replaying games over and over for trophies.

I'm starting to worry more about my completion rate. However I'm not a real Trophyhunter, I'm too lazy for grinding. :D

But Id like to try to rise my completion... Started at 23% this year and I'm now at 27% (I discover some gem-games doing this too because I play more game more intensive :)). Sadly, some years ago I only got like 1 Trophy of a game just to have it displayed... Now I have some old 1 out of x Trophys earned games on my profile which rate my completion down. Not sure if I start playing em again.

My Goal is 50% for now, I voted for 60-80% because imo one should not be "forced" to complete every game. If one would realize a game sucks it should be abandoned imo. I know its hard for some people around here but thats it for me, so I aim for 50%. That will work for me for now. :D  

Edited by slaaack1