How much do you care about completion?

ayse_99

How much do you care about completion?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. What is a "good" completion rate in your opinion?

• 0%-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • %40-%60
    • %60-%80
    • %80-%100
    • I don't care at all about my completion.

Just now, slaaack1 said:

Now I have some old 1 out of x Trophys earned games on my profile which rate my completion down. Not sure if I start playing em again.

I had loooaaads of these, a lot of which I've sold along the way too. I recently picked up Fifa 12 just to get a couple of trophies as it was only like £1 or something. I've thought about rebuying old games like far cry 4 ps3 or TLOU ps3 to finish them off but I don't think I'm going to do that yet.

It depends on how much a game interest me or not, if I have money to buy DLC and if there's no additional trophies that are glitched. Getting the standard versions of games always because I live in a country where videogames and technology are ridiculously overpriced. If the game's season pass or complete edition is at offer discount then I probably buy it without thinking twice.

Just now, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Completion percentage means nothing to me. I could start 40 new games today and earn 1 trophy in each one of them and let my % drop like a rock and not even blink.

I would never let a closed server or impossible trophies stop me from playing a game.

That's really interesting. You probably don't hear that too often amongst trophy hunters. My teeth hurt at the thought of it! :P 

Just now, ayse_99 said:

That's really interesting. You probably don't hear that too often amongst trophy hunters. My teeth hurt at the thought of it! :P 

My focus is on # of trophies and platinum count. I will totally leave a game that I don't like. Hell, I even have a couple of games on my profile that a friend brought over and we played and earned a few trophies (ex: Injustice). Will I ever play it again? Nope. And that does not bother me at all.

I only just started on PS4 but I prefer keeping it as high as possible. Realistically, probably 70-80%. DLCs are usually what keeps my % down (on Steam at least..) and a few games that I've started just to see what it's like, which I'll get to later. I'll eventually get those DLCs just to complete it, especially if I enjoyed the game. 

43 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

I only complete games that I really, really enjoy

Exactly, I think having a high completion proves your seriousness when you looking for do everything in one videogame and get all trophies, if you really enjoy do it with games you really like, your completion will increase and step by step you become more serious and less lazy, but of course you need the most important... Motivation! ?

And for the record, I don't platinum/100% games I hate. I'm very selective about the games I play, so it's very rare that I'll play something I don't enjoy. It happened more when I first created this account because I didn't have as many games to choose from, so I played whatever I could get my hands on.

Not really bothered to be honest. The only thing I pay attention to is the number of platinums I have. Going for a high percentage of completion would mean I'd have to completely avoid playing certain types of games I know I'd never bother fully completing (i.e. Sports/Multiplayer focused titles, those are the worst with requirements usually).

My profile is largely my backlog, if I've no interest in ever completing a game then I'll hide it and move on. If something turns out to be too painful to finish or becomes unable to complete for whatever reason - I'm not gonna torture myself over not being able to do it by either lack or skill or having the MP shut down.

If you've been doing this for years and something like that happens out of nowhere - it would just make the whole thing redundant instantly. I usually do a little bit of "research" with whatever I play next to try to plat, but I largely make my own mind up with the game myself. I'm glad I did that to be honest, because some of my favourite PS3/4/Vita games have been the things I've been told to avoid with a bargepole trophywise. Doesn't always work out, sometimes I play trash or sometimes I can't plat games I really like, but I'm always having fun doing it.

It isn't worth it being so selective and missing out on trying new things, especially when all the fun with Trophy Hunting for me is being motivated to try things I usually wouldn't.

Edited by SkyMason
Grammar

A good completion rate is between 80% and 100%, even though I'm not an example of that.

It's important to have a good completion, but you need to be a BEAST completing games.

For someone to get a high % completion it takes a lot of skill, patience, luck and money (and I'm not buying DLC's just to get 100% completion in a game).

I have many games that I started to play a long time ago and their platinums are now unobtainable, but usually I try to get the A or S rank on most games.

Right now I'm sitting on 64% completion, but on the future I would like to have about 70% or 75%.

Edited by t-i-g-o

I like to keep it fairly high, this is also one of the reasons I made a new account a while back (old one was around 70%). My current completion is usually above 95%, & I'm quite happy with that (considering I don't mess with DLC). ^_^

I know it's kind of a dumb thing to worry about, but this also helps keep me focused on getting the plat for the current game I'm playing. :P 

• Like 1