How much do you care about completion?

ayse_99

How much do you care about completion?  

431 members have voted

1. 1. What is a "good" completion rate in your opinion?

• 0%-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • %40-%60
    • %60-%80
    • %80-%100
    • I don't care at all about my completion.

I'm at least trying to get up to 60%+ I have a massive load of games that I'd like to go back to on my list (pretty much all of them or at least ones that I have digitally) and get them to  60% or maybe higher if I end up feeling it and I start digging the game more than the first/last time I played it. I'm really only concerned about 100% / Platinuming my favorites. Which are listed on my profile (in case someone was interested in which games I plan on going back to). 

So far, I'm finding it fun to improve my current completion rate.

It pushes me to get more mileage from some previous games I barely touched or dropped for some reason: got bored of it at the time, switched to another game I was anticipating, etc.

But that doesn't mean I' m going to try and complete every single game in my library that isn't at least at A ranking.

For example, I have the first Destiny with the Taken King Expansion, but I couldn't care less about the game after a couple of hours into it. It was really disappointing, even with the Taken King story line. I still have a lot of easy trophies to earn for this game, but I'm not going to touch it anymore because it's not fun to play in my opinion.

But, I'm also willing to try games I wouldn't have touched before because they have fun and quick platinums. Jazzpunk was a fun game that didn't take me long to complete. Same for some point and click games, a genre that I used to consider only on PC but that works okay on console after some consideration.

Edited by omarbanzai

My completion rate is the only stat that I care about on my profile. Using the Wayback Machine my stats on 28 January 2013 (I'm guessing this may be when my profile was first tracked on PSNP) were 49 games played, 7 games completed with a completion rate of 51.42%. And as of just now is 216 games played, 177 games completed with a completion rate of 90.70%. That's an improvement of 39.28% over the last 4 years and 7 months which I'm very happy with. My current goal is to get to 92% and once I've reached that to get it high enough above 92% so that when I start a new game (that doesn't have heaps of DLC trophies) it doesn't go below 92%. From there I guess it'll be the same goal for each increasing 1% though without going back to complete old games is becoming increasingly hard and the allure of playing new games is stronger than that of games played in the past.

18 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

First of all the topic title and the poll is irrelevant to eachother. 

And secondly i care enogh to get 100% on all games i've played so far, the latest games i've played have felt like a huge grind though.

So? Can I not ask two questions at once?

I voted 80-100%. Having 100% would be cool but that would also mean i'd have to buy dlc i don't care about and play something i also don't care about more than necessary. So keeping your completion in the 90% range to me is impressive. That's more than average.

Besides keeping a 100% profile probably isn't ideal for most. Online server closure without warning, only playing easy games or avoiding certain games.

Good question.

I certainly respect the stats feature this great site offers, but I'm not too bothered by them. For me, I like my profile to reflect who I am as a person and not someone else. It's not perfect, but neither am I.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful topic that allows others to voice their own opinions, it's great to read.

All the best.

- Jamie Ray / MattedSpam

Edited by Jamie Ray
I thought I needed to expand my thoughts.

48 minutes ago, ayse_99 said:

So? Can I not ask two questions at once?

It just seems a bit wrong about the poll, because many will answer 80-100% is a good completion rate. But if you rather had asked the question "What is a satisfying completion rate for you?" or something similar you'd get a better result.  Just saying..

Maybe a better question would be "What completion rate do you aim for?" 

Edited by OJ9999vr
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, OJ9999vr said:

It just seems a bit wrong about the poll, because many will answer 80-100% is a good completion rate. But if you rather had asked the question "What is a satisfying completion rate for you?" or something similar you'd get a better result.  Just saying..

Maybe a better question would be "What completion rate do you aim for?" 

Fair enough, I was more trying to gauge what "good" would mean for each individual person.

• Like 1

That's a very difficult question.

I can't say that I really care about my completion rate (sometimes I just give up on games, plus I never buy DLCs), but I've been improving it drastically since last year because I wanted to reach at least 70% rate. Now that I've reached my goal, I'd love to keep it in that range.

I don't care about it. I just like to get the plats in games I like, but still like to play the popular games which sometimes have hard plats that I can't get. I wouldn't want to miss out on them just because of concern for completion (KH series, Disgaea, Persona, FFX and Tales of Symphonia to name a few). It would be nice to get them, but they take too much time and are not easy. 

I'm not too bothered by my completion rate. The reason it's just under 80% (which is higher than I ever thought I would get) is a byproduct of me carefully choosing games I know I'll enjoy, which means I'll spend more time on it and thus, I'll earn more trophies. I guess you could say my profile reflects in general, how much I enjoyed something rather than how far I'm willing to go to earn trophies and keep a high completion rate. If you look at my profile you'll see the The Last of Us sitting there with a single trophy earned, so I'm definitely willing to stop playing if I'm not having fun, add in the games I've started that I knew full well I wouldn't platinum, I think it's fair to say I'm not too fussed if it starts to drop.

• Like 1

As long as you're above 50 I think you're ok.

On 9/10/2017 at 5:14 AM, Disgusted Barnacle said:

I'm at least trying to get up to 60%+ I have a massive load of games that I'd like to go back to on my list (pretty much all of them or at least ones that I have digitally) and get them to  60% or maybe higher if I end up feeling it and I start digging the game more than the first/last time I played it. I'm really only concerned about 100% / Platinuming my favorites. Which are listed on my profile (in case someone was interested in which games I plan on going back to). 

Good luck with that buddy because 444 games aren't going to finish themselves.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 1:32 PM, Jounochi said:

I dunno, after hunting for so long you kinda just don't care after a while.  I try to get 100% in the games I play, but if not it's no biggie.  When I jump on I don't want to feel like I'm at work so that is probably a big reason why I'm so casual.

I think the 40~60% range is pretty good though.  It shows that you've probably played through the story of most of your games.

What's your Avatar from? It looks fucking awesome

I'd like my completion rate to be higher, it actually bothers me a little that it has consistently been in the high-30s/ low-40s for most of my trophy hunting career. If I could push it above 50% by the year's end and get it into a consistent 60%-ish soon then I'll be content. I'll never get into the 90s due to dlc, online multiplayer which I absolutely suck balls at and shut down servers.

I'm much more concerned about my "Trophies per Day" stat, I want to get that into 3 per day soon, I got it to 2.2 with a bit of effort before Summer but I stopped PS gaming for a little bit and it dropped.

Edited by MeteorHawk

When I joined the site I always wanted to get it to 90%, now that I'm above that and easily maintaining that, my next goal is 95%. It's really fun seeing my completion slowly but surely go up, with new game releases temporarily bumping it down until I complete those games, lol

I'd say a good completion rate is anything 80% or above and 90% or above is really impressive! Anything nearing 100% is incredible, but don't shoot for a solid 100%, it's just not sustainable and also not enjoyable :P 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

As some of you know I used to work for Sony so my completion took a dive as I used my main account (stupidly) and people would pop games into my PS3 to try them out OR I would be demoing off a new game that I didn't really play much pats that. After @Gamer1022 told me I need to step it up and plat some of my older games I decided to raise my completion a bit. I have gone from like 51 or 52% all the way to 73.95% in a few years. I would like to hit 75% before Plat 200 and then try to get up to 80%. I think it will be hard to get too much past that (as I have a lot of games with impossible plats, don't own them anymore or too much DLC) but that is the goal :D

• Like 1