How much do you care about completion?

ayse_99

How much do you care about completion?  

432 members have voted

1. 1. What is a "good" completion rate in your opinion?

• 0%-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • %40-%60
    • %60-%80
    • %80-%100
    • I don't care at all about my completion.

I will try to 100% all games that I decide to play, but I don't care that much if I can't 100% a game due to being too difficult, it used to be a big deal, but it no longer is. As long as all trophies of a game are obtainable, I will go for 100% trophy completion, but I don't mind trying to 100% games, with no glitched trophies reported, that nobody 100% yet, specially if they only have singleplayer trophies.

There are some incomplete games in my profile above 0%, I will revisited them when I' m in the mood, or when I get them back (in case of God of War).

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

Nowadays, I'm going by this formula:

Step 1: Enjoying the first playthrough without paying attention to the trophies. This was a tough one at first, since I've conditioned myself to looking at guides and trophy lists beforehand. But I've realized that focusing on trophies damaged my enjoyment with gaming in general, so I have changed that behaviour.

Did I enjoy the game? If not, I'll drop it. If I did, I'll go over to...

Step 2: Looking at the trophy list and a guide, to check how hard the platinum is to obtain.

Step 3: Deciding if I want to go for the plat. Deciding if it's worth my effort and time. If not, I'll just aim at the trophies that are relatively easy and quick to obtain.

Bottom line, life is short. I don't want to spend my precious time playing games I don't enjoy just for the sake of trophies. Only exception to this is if the platinum is easy and relatively quick to obtain, and assuming I'm in the mood for a little trophy hunting. In that case I'll usually listen to podcasts/music or watch some youtube videos on the side. But these days it's rare that I do that, since my mindset has changed.

I never really cared about completion, but I love most games labeled 100% on it. Normally a Platinum is already satisfying whether it's 100% or not, but I would try going just for some DLC trophies and increase the percentage to 70% and above. Right now my profile completion percentage is 72.21% and I'm very proud. Currently cleaning up some trophies for Gran Turismo 5 to increase the percentage to at least 50%. Unfortunately I'll never reach 100.00% profile completion because of the unobtainable plats, but that doesn't bother me. 

• Like 3

When i started this site i cared about percentage only because it is a displayed stat but it became too much of a chore to see it drop steadily because of DLC. Also to me being a completionist is a chore, platinum is good enough for me (sometimes thats even too much nowadays with work and all). TBH If the completion stat weren't shown as a main display i would never have cared in the first place.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:32 PM, JOJOVchronicles said:

tbh i cared only for the platinum trophy of a game, 100% or not doesnt matter. coz not every dlc worth a play or buy (mostly)

Agreed.  I love the Platinum Trophies and really like a 100% percent, but I'm not buying every DLC to try to make it happen.

Obsession with achievements/trophies and completion is what ruined my gaming experience on PC and Xbox. I forced myself to 100% I didn't really enjoy playing. I know people who are so obsessed with it they don't even play games they would otherwise like just because they wouldn't be able to 100%, or they use different accounts. 

There are plenty of games I want to 100% but if there are games I can't/don't want to 100%, doesn't mean I'm not going to play them. I had blast playing Skyforge but there's no way to 100% that one.

On 6.11.2017 at 4:22 PM, theSpirae said:

Obsession with achievements/trophies and completion is what ruined my gaming experience on PC and Xbox. I forced myself to 100% I didn't really enjoy playing. I know people who are so obsessed with it they don't even play games they would otherwise like just because they wouldn't be able to 100%, or they use different accounts. 

There are plenty of games I want to 100% but if there are games I can't/don't want to 100%, doesn't mean I'm not going to play them. I had blast playing Skyforge but there's no way to 100% that one.

100 % is way to much, you should do minimum 80 % i this is a good base for fun and hunt.

Eh.  I guess you could say my attitude is mixed.  I think the whole 100% completion thing is just way too OCD.  In the grand scheme of things, trophies are not important.  AT ALL.  They really don't mean anything, but I, like most other people, enjoy going for the platinum (and sometimes the 100%) because it provides us with a sense of accomplishment.  I guess compared to most people my standards are low.  I started gaming and earned my first trophy on January 1st, 2011.  I added quite a few games that year and sometime about halfway through that year I made it my goal just to have a majority platinum status for my profile.  I attained that by the end of that year and haven't looked back.  I currently have 90 games on my profile and 55 platinums.  I'm happy.  Let's all be honest.  If this site and others like it didn't exist and didn't calculate all of these statistics and percentages, none of us would have a clue what our trophy completion percentage is.  With all of that being said, I think my current completion percentage is 67%/68% something like that.  Whatever.  I wouldn't mind getting it to over 70%.  I'd be happy with that.  And if I ever somehow managed to attain 75% or 80% completion....well, I think it'd be a sign of the end times. HAHAHA I just go for the platinum.  In my book, if you earn the platinum then you've "beaten the game" so to speak.  DLC trophies and 100% is just gravy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Fuck yeah, preach brother! I am the same and when I played sports as a kid, I actually had to work to get rewards, not just get handed one for being on the team.

I had a 57% completion percent before I found this site. Now it's over 90% and I'm aiming for 93%. I think completion does matter. It means you don't quit because something is difficult. You power thru!

Haha the man! That's a crazy jump in completion percentage Bullstomp, respect!

Like you said, don't quit.. Some people don't realize how much completion can improve your skills in gaming.. its nuts!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't care too much. I start too many games at once, and it takes me years sometimes to go back and finish them. My completion is at around 43ish% right now. 

I have games that I tried and hated, so I won't go back and play them. So, I have a few that are at like 2/50 or something like that. That doesn't mean I don't like to trophy hunt, but it does mean I'm not going to force myself to play something I don't want to. High completion is cool and all, but it's not something that I value too highly.

When it comes to playing my top main focus is HAVE FUN.

While I do that can I grab some trophies? great! if not, great too!

For example I do have 80+ hours on Fortnite PVP mode - Battlegrounds, and there is no trophy related, do I change entertainment, jokes and fun with friends for trophies? HELL NO.

I don't get stressed or care at all for percentages, my main concern about percentages and stuff like that is my performance report/feedback at work.

Play hard, work hard? nah...enjoy play, work hard. you need a break and a chill once in a while. 

Best Regards for all trophy hunters. S2

• 6 years later...

As long as I'm still in the 80% completion I'm happy with it, also like to get at 70% completion on a game, anything lower just not the vibe.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi