How the multiplayer works? And how much content?

Romikot84

The only thing you really need to find people for is the nightfall, and that's because guided games aren't up afaik.

Apparently Guided Games are up now, So you can give those a try.

I'd say this one has a longer story, but atm doesn't have as much post game content. will probably have more after the raid drops.

Edited by Sakuya
guided game info :D

• 2 weeks later...

A similar question from me: I have a friend who started playing Destiny 2 at launch, but I will probably have to wait until October or November to get the game. Is there a way for me to catch up / join his team if I start 2 months later than him? Or should I completely rely on strangers?  

4 hours ago, QuentinCle95 said:

A similar question from me: I have a friend who started playing Destiny 2 at launch, but I will probably have to wait until October or November to get the game. Is there a way for me to catch up / join his team if I start 2 months later than him? Or should I completely rely on strangers?  

If you're looking to do strikes, raids, or trials, you'll need to hit power level thresholds. I don't think you'll be able to do those things with your friend until you hit those thresholds, but your friend can join you in the activities you need to do to grind to that power level.

On 09/09/2017 at 3:57 PM, Romikot84 said:

Like the title says , do I need to look for people on my own to play online like the first one or is it like for example star wars that   I just choose a mode and it finds players automaticly?

I remmber the first one had little content (imo),is this one have more?

In many Areas, you can either play Solo (sometimes with "Randoms" in the same instance), or with a team that is matchmakered usually based on relative connections and skill in some cases. Some Team play modes require your team to be built manually. (Raid, Nightfall, and Trails are the ones that I can remember of the top of my head that need you to make your team. These modes also need communication to be effective.)

On 18/09/2017 at 11:07 AM, QuentinCle95 said:

It's more than possible that you can get close to power level within in a few weeks with some serious players. Chances are they will be close if not at the light level Cap at that point. If you're in their Clan (aka guild) you can take a few extra bonuses, but you'll need to be smart about the Powerful engrams and some Post main story quest rewards. Basicly don't pickup Powerful engram rewards until either late on Monday (as the Clans ones are lost automatic awarded on Tuesday morning per reset), or when you think you can't progress without a "boost". Getting over Light 260 will be the first "hurdle" that your powerful engrams should overcome.

For the most part, running a Max level character next fresh Level 20 player won't have major differences outside of the fresh player being locked out of some modes. Having a Team mate joining you will accelerate the time to complete missions, but unless your skill level sucks, which I seriously doubt with 64 Platinum Trophies which include several FPSes.

Edited by BakanoKaze
Corrected some info that was assumed, but was incorrect.
  • Like 1

Certain modes will match you with randoms, but the biggest parts of the game (Nightfall, Trials of Nine, Raid) will require you to find others to play with. There are guided games, but it won't be out of beta until late September and you'll need a ticket to participate in these, which I believe aren't available at the moment. You might want to join a clan because there are a good deal of clan rewards and it would make finding teammates a lot easier.