Trophy Thoughts

FlareZero

Looks really grindy, a pure completition platinum, I hope the first set one trophy (the silver ones, the ones with the completion of map, treasure etc, ) deosn't are missable, finger crossed.

The secret one are story related?, I absolutely don't want to click on these.

The game will be awesome, can't wait.

I platinum'ed this one a week ago or so. Took me 57 hours, but it's doable in 40. Why did I take an extra 15 hours? I completed the game 100% TWICE (was recording some footage). While 2 playthroughs are not needed, I do recommend doing an "easier level" run and then a new game+ into Nightmare mode. I think doing a Nightmare mode from level 0 might be a pain in the ass, especially if you are not that versed into YS.

There's only one missable trophy and that is

Precise Orders
Cleared all Castaway Village Quests.

Every map has an indicator of how many chests, resources and explore progress you obtained and you can go back to every map; so if you clear all that, getting all items is easy, same with people and recipes (food). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unnxandros said:

I platinum'ed this one a week ago or so. Took me 57 hours, but it's doable in 40. Why did I take an extra 15 hours? I completed the game 100% TWICE (was recording some footage). While 2 playthroughs are not needed, I do recommend doing an "easier level" run and then a new game+ into Nightmare mode. I think doing a Nightmare mode from level 0 might be a pain in the ass, especially if you are not that versed into YS.

There's only one missable trophy and that is

Every map has an indicator of how many chests, resources and explore progress you obtained and you can go back to every map; so if you clear all that, getting all items is easy, same with people and recipes (food). 

Doable in one Playthough? Might wing the Nightmare mode.

Answering some questions:

a) Are the castaway hard to find?

Basically what I did was, everytime I discovered a new map I tried to 100%, find every chests and resource. Of course some of them are locked by high areas (Need double jump Adventure Gear), vines (Again some adventure gear), etc, etc. The map this time will mark you areas that you can't access and will show you what zones you are missing. If you are clearing everything at 100% you'll find them easily.

B) Some notes on the quests.

Quests are missable. You'll unlock a message board early on (I think its in the second chapter) and the villagers will post some quests there with a time frame which ranges from LOW - MID - LONG. They are not time sensitive per-se, but rather how much you can advance in the story. Except for one which I had some issues (It's called Recital and I uploaded a video on youtube) they are SUPER easy to clear and most of them requires you to get a certain number of resources or subjugate an enemy. It is missable, but it's not one of those annoying missables. 

c) Some trophy descriptions are not complete

Shows the complete description on the PS4... that's weird. Basically, they are secret monsters on secret-ish areas. They are not hard at all to find or get.

d) Damn... Grindy as F... 

Not really, I did probably one hour of skill leveling but trust me, if you are being diligent you'll end the game with almost all resources needed to get all the items. If you obtained all the chests, There's only one item that cant be crafted or obtained via chests and that's a gaunlet in an Interception (Basically a "defend your base from enemy waves mode that the game has)

e) Game is DOABLE in one Playthrough

You can start the game in Nighrmare or even Inferno (Dunno why you would do that to yourself), finish the game and get the True End, switch to easy or lower difficulty and clean what you are missing. BTW you transfer all your items (except Key Items and some trivial stuff) and Level from playthrough to playthroug - I finished my Hard Playthrough in 30 hrs (100% - True Ending) at Level 90 - and the plat in 15 hours (45 hours total - Nightmare mode - True Ending)

f) EXTRA: Is the True End Missable?

Nope! Once you finish the game you'll get to save a Clear Data and are given an option to continue playing right before the end boss OR start a New Game Plus. So you can clean all the trophies (even on a lower difficulty) and do the steps for the True End and finish the game once again

Spoilers for the requirements for the True End: 

Spoiler

Halfway through the game you start playing as Dana, and you'll discover a secret dungeon. In order to go deeper into the dungeon you'll have to clear some sidequests (marked with a green exclamation mark on the map. These sidequests are not missable since you can go back to any chapter in Dana's Life and re-do everything. Once you clear all her dungeons, you learn the truth about the Maidens of the Great Tree. Now go back and finish the game and an extra Boss and cutscene will trigger. 

Edited by unnxandros
  • Like 3

On 9/10/2017 at 11:03 AM, Greenshyguy said:

I suppose it's good that the plat is "doable" in a single playthru 

A little annoyed that the Vita & PS4 trophy list are separate. This isn't one of those games you'd want to double dip & plat twice.

Problem is that the PS4 version has extra content, and a lot of it. It makes sense that it would have new trophies to match up with it.

...on another note, I wonder why the main site is only saying unnxandros is in the platinum club when I got it 2 days before him?

50 minutes ago, swweet said:

Problem is that the PS4 version has extra content, and a lot of it. It makes sense that it would have new trophies to match up with it.

...on another note, I wonder why the main site is only saying unnxandros is in the platinum club when I got it 2 days before him?

Take's a while to update, if you check the platinum club you are first on Sept 1st