Will you buy PS4 Day 1?

GHOZTPRIME

I'm finding it hard to pass judgement on this until Sony turn around and show us the controller that ships with the box. This is my reasoning:

• This is not officially confirmed as the gen4 Playstation controller.
  • Hypothetically speaking - if this is a prototype, there is a likelyhood that there are many different prototypes and as such, we don't really know whether it will be the actual peripheral.
  • Hypothetically speaking part 2 - If this image has weight to it, it is more than likely the developer kit version of the peripheral and these can have a tendency to look nothing like the physical retail product that ends up in people's homes.

I'm gonna keep an open mind about this. On one hand, it might be a good thing for Sony to shake their style up a bit and keep things fresh. On the other hand, I like the old controller (possibly due to using it for many years now)

Depends what you call day one,

Most people will wait for it to be localised in there country. I'm not that cheap, nor patient, so I'll be Couriering a Japanese PS4 to my door to get a day or two in advance. See how the release dates go. If it's anything like it was with my Vita, I'll be months ahead.

It really depends on so many factors, I may buy it day 1 if :

- Price isn't stupid

- PS+ available for saves (in case of issues)

- PS3 games compatible OR good game line-up (both would be amazing :P)

If all criteria reached then my ps3 slim will be a media player only soon after launch :D

Probably will buy it on launch day - did with PS3 (cost me £475 with copy of Motorstorm) and even though it YLOD on me last year I don't regret buying it on day 1.

Only problem is I have over 100 unplayed PS3 games in the cupboard!

Edited by niknak

Only if it filfull these conditions :

-Region Free like PSVita, PSP and PS3

-If Gust, Nippon Ichi and or Compile Heart do develop games there, but they might stay on PS3 for an year before doing so.

-When the PS3 will be empty of JRPG to play with.

So not day 1 too :/

Hope it's better Region Free than PSP and Vita

• 6 months later...