Will you buy PS4 Day 1?

GHOZTPRIME

Not sure about Day 1 yet - if I'll have spare money at the time, sure. Love me some new hardware, especially with how sluggish PS3 is by modern standards (working with GUI while in game, store, downloading, patches etc.) and games in general are being a pain from technical standpoint.

I don't really see why wouldn't I get one - Sony's hardware is always solid, so I don't expect any issues on that field, especially since soldering issues (RROD and such) are pretty much resolved for years now. Price drop is strongly improbable within first 18-24 months, and I won't wait that long, so no difference here. There will surely be more games, than I can afford to buy + PS+ on my PS3 and PS4 (maybe PSVtv, but this one most probably won't reach western markets in 2013)

A lot will depend on stuff we don't know yet - like account policies and such. It won't stop me from buying one, but I might be more reluctant.

All in all, maybe not Day 1, but I'll try to grab one before 2014 for sure.

I would like to but so close to Christmas I don't think my kids would be happy if they got hardly anything from santa and dads sitting there with a shiney new ps4 so may wait till the new year but you never know, once its released I may not be able to help myself :huh:

well I finally cracked! after posting the above!

well yesterday I decided to sort through my games I decided to trade some of my games that were collecting dust under my bed, I checked the trade in prices at cex then took 60 games to local game store they price matched cex and I got £397 for games I would never played again so I paid for my new ps4 with cash left over to go towards a ps4 game!

I won't be getting the PS4 on day one for two reasons: The first being that I'll get my monthly paycheck after the launch day, so I probably won't have the money on day one. And second, I'll wait for the first reviews and see if there are any major issues with the PS4. If there are issues, I'll wait until they get fixed (by a patch or a hardware update). If I spend so much money, I'll want to get a fully functioning console that doesn't frustrate me with technical problems.

• Like 1

Definitely on day one - the European day one that is... B)

Hopefully the noise level of Sony's next-gen console is kept at a minimum.

I'm not that concerned about any potential PS4 first batch problems. It's based on well-known technologies/hardware and a now well tested disc drive, so I don't expect the same experiences I had with my launch version of PS3...

But again, you'll never know before you have it, I guess - I'll take my chances and hopefully enjoy this years Christmas holidays together with a well-functioning PS4... and PS3... and PS Vita...  :yay:

I'm getting one day one. Whats the point of waiting b/c "there might be problems" its under warranty, if you get a bad system you get it replaced for free which takes a lot less time then waiting months for reviews to be compiled. Ive never had a gaming console die or fail to stop working for me and Ive used my PS3 A LOT which I had as a launch system as well. I never shy away from buying anything based on the assumption b/c of what "might happen" 

After the reveal, back in FEB 2013..I was convinced to go ALL OUT for Day 1 release.

Good thing, the numerous error in AMAZON.com to Pre-Order the PS4 made me think for awhile..

I was reminded of 1st gen consoles fate in this current generation.

So after E3 I managed to convinced myself, not to go for 1st generation PS4, and wait for at least

the 2nd gen of PS4's.

Don't get me wrong either., I would LOVE to have it in my hands on Day 1.

But considering the 'CASH' that I have to drop. I have to be SMART and Practical. ;)  

Edited by xf22Razgriz

Of course.

Anyone on these forums should be.

To everyone saying "ill wait for a price drop", Its cheap as hell! For what you get its a damn bargain. Dont be such cheapskates!

To everyone saying "ill wait for a new model" , I hope you are going to thank us early adopters for ensuring there will be a new model!

• Like 1

I will not.

It's not a question about money but I have a PS3 with a large collection of games mainly thanks to PS+

If I would buy this console, these games will be neglected and forgotten only to be played when I'm the mood for "retro" gaming.

So I rather see Sony stop supporting the PS3 before switching.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...