Will you buy PS4 Day 1?

GHOZTPRIME

Of course.

Anyone on these forums should be.

To everyone saying "ill wait for a price drop", Its cheap as hell! For what you get its a damn bargain. Dont be such cheapskates!

To everyone saying "ill wait for a new model" , I hope you are going to thank us early adopters for ensuring there will be a new model!

For what you get? not really sure what our point is here, the thing barely has any games worth caring about to justify shelling out 400$ IMO, and while it is a viscous cycle about the whole new model thing, the one who do wait are, admittedly, getting a better deal. 

• Like 4

Nope. Don't have the money for it. I also still have a lot of PS3 games I still want to complete. And plenty more to buy and start with. But I'm definitely, DEFINITELY looking forward to the almighty PS4!

Also, if I wait for a while there'll be plenty of games from PS+ I can instantly start when I get my PS4. So I won't have to spent any money on games for atleast the first 2 months which means I'll save a lot of money. ;):D

And, waiting for a slim model and waiting to get rid of the child deseases. :)

Edited by MrCostari

Yup. Pre-ordered the first day it was available. Going to pay it off this weekend. I still have a ton of games that I have/want for PS3, but I can easily keep both systems hooked up for the foreseeable future. I'd rather play the PS4 games that I want as they come out and catch up on PS3 games at the same time than be a late PS4 adopter with a huge backlog of games to catch up on for the new system. 

Once they announce a release date, I will be saving up and CERTAINLY be buying it on day one. No doubt.

Hey DanielVT, in a couple of days is the big day. Did you save up to buy in on Day one?

Because of PS+ I have a huge backlog of games on PS3 (88 already downloaded or put at least once in my PS3) and at least another 20 or so still not even started...

So I will probably first try to reduce that pile a bit, and probably Xmas 2015 put it on the wish list.

However, if it turns out that there is this amazing exclusive that I simply need to have, I will probably buy the PS4 (imagine Naughty Dog come up with an exclusive next month...then I'm out to buy it immediately)

Absolutely not. Mainly due to NONE of my past digital transactions carrying over and the complete lack of BC. I'm better off  just waiting until I playthrough my huge (and ever growing) backlog. There's just way too many great games left for me to playthrough this generation to drop so much money this early on something that I'll barely end up playing.

By the time I'm done with all my PS3 games, the price of console and its games would have dropped, new/better models may be released, and I'll have a download queue full of free offerings from PS+ that I've accumalated during my wait.

And really...overall, I'm just not that excited about the PS4. I haven't seen anything overwhelmingly impressive about it. Just everything it can't/won't do so far...

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

Absolutely not. Mainly due to NONE of my past digital transactions caring over and the complete lack of BC. I'm better off just waiting until I playthrough by huge (and ever growing) backlog. There's just way too many great games left for me to playthrough this generation to drop so much money this early on something that I'll barely end up playing.

By the time I'm done with all my PS3 games, the price of console and its games would have dropped, new/better models may be released, and I'll have a download queue full of free offerings from PS+ that I've accumalated during my wait.

And really...overall, I'm just not that excited about the PS4. I haven't seen anything overwhelmingly impressive about it. Just everything it can't/won't do so far...

I agree with you. And the fact that game developers have already reached the PS4 performance limit even before the console is for sale doesn't make the situation any better.

(Xbox One has the same issue. Not looking good.)

Edited by xIKatherine
  • Like 1

I agree with you. And the fact that game developers have already reached the PS4 performance limit even before the console is for sale doesn't make the situation any better.

(Xbox One has the same issue. Not looking good.)

You don't really get how development works, do you? You always reach 100% of console's performance - it's all about how you use those resources and how much time you'll put into optimization. Launch games will always be rough around the edges - even more this day and age, because everything is fast, fast, fast nowadays. Devs will take their time next time around, will know hardware better, will get to use some neat tricks, like they always do on consoles. This gen will only roll faster. Will it be better than $1000+ PCs? Probably not, but there is difference in cost on every level between those two, so can you really compare it?

At the same time, leaving BF4 aside - which is just straight up unfinished on all platforms, because EA wanted to push it out the door before Ghosts - every game we hear about on PS4 is 1080p@60 or 1080p@30 (or a bit higher - KZ:SF Single player). Ghosts is supposed to get patched to fix framerate issues on PS4 - so apparently is not hardware limitation either.

You don't really get how development works, do you? You always reach 100% of console's performance - it's all about how you use those resources and how much time you'll put into optimization. Launch games will always be rough around the edges - even more this day and age, because everything is fast, fast, fast nowadays. Devs will take their time next time around, will know hardware better, will get to use some neat tricks, like they always do on consoles. This gen will only roll faster. Will it be better than $1000+ PCs? Probably not, but there is difference in cost on every level between those two, so can you really compare it?

At the same time, leaving BF4 aside - which is just straight up unfinished on all platforms, because EA wanted to push it out the door before Ghosts - every game we hear about on PS4 is 1080p@60 or 1080p@30 (or a bit higher - KZ:SF Single player). Ghosts is supposed to get patched to fix framerate issues on PS4 - so apparently is not hardware limitation either.

Ofcourse I'm not a professional, but what I do know is that the 7th gen didn't have these issues. Ofcourse the devs will need to figure out how to correctly utilise the horsepower these new consoles have, but this time it seems like they've already reached it. I mean, Xbox One already has atleast 4 games that was supposed to run at 1080p but was lowered to 720p. And on PS4, BF4 was supposed to be on 1080p and was lowered to 980p. And even though Ghosts will get a patch, it will still be 720p at launch. It's not like they don't have the time to make this work, it's just that they can't do it. The new systems just can't handle it.

''Will it be better than $1000+ PC's?' probably not''

Probably not? PC's will /always/ be better, simply because they are more powerful, new PC's are made each day, and the prices drop so often. And ofcourse, PC's can be modified.

''At the same time, leaving BF4 aside - which is just straight up unfinished on all platforms, because EA wanted to push it out the door before Ghosts''

I laughed my ass of when I read this. Every single franchise that will have a new 'update' each year is unfinished, just because they know there will be idiots buying the game so they really don't need to do anything special, just a few new features here and there, quickly the game to stores. So don't hate on BF4, hate Electronic Arts.

Don't bother replying to this, I really don't care what you say, I know I might be wrong. Everyone might be wrong, the consoles aren't even out yet. We'll know the answers in a few years when devs have had more than enough time to get used to 8th gen.

• Like 1

I laughed my ass of when I read this. Every single franchise that will have a new 'update' each year is unfinished, just because they know there will be idiots buying the game so they really don't need to do anything special, just a few new features here and there, quickly the game to stores. So don't hate on BF4, hate Electronic Arts.

I don't hate on anything, usually like EA games, even though they lack soul, but it's pretty much as confirmed as rumors get: EA apparently skipped on major part of QA time, to push game to stores before Ghosts. Game is unfinished in larger than usual portion, with a lot of critical bugs still in - if they couldn't even fix major bugs, they sure as hell didn't put enough time into optimization. At this time BF4 is only game on PS4 that doesn't run on native 1080p, so I have no reason to believe that quality is more, than console can handle.

+ At this time BF is not annual - BF3 was released in 2011.

• Like 1

My PS4 will be available to pick up at Midnight Launch on November 29th. I will be picking up the following items with it:

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Sony Official Vertical Stand

Games that I would have digital copies of:

- Battlefield 4 (PS3 -> PS4 upgrade, my Premium membership gets upgraded as well).

- COD: Ghosts (same method as BF4)

- Resogun (EU PS+)

- Contrast (EU PS+)

- Sound Shapes (Cross-buy so technically I own the PS4 version)

Edited by GetMitched

I don't hate on anything, usually like EA games, even though they lack soul, but it's pretty much as confirmed as rumors get: EA apparently skipped on major part of QA time, to push game to stores before Ghosts. Game is unfinished in larger than usual portion, with a lot of critical bugs still in - if they couldn't even fix major bugs, they sure as hell didn't put enough time into optimization. At this time BF4 is only game on PS4 that doesn't run on native 1080p, so I have no reason to believe that quality is more, than console can handle.

+ At this time BF is not annual - BF3 was released in 2011.

It's not annual because they have Medal of Honor? Dunno. But it might become annual, just like Assassin's Creed. Loved that game, but lost interest at AC: Revelations because the games just felt so unfinished and short. Such a shame.

Absolutely not. Mainly due to NONE of my past digital transactions carrying over and the complete lack of BC. I'm better off  just waiting until I playthrough my huge (and ever growing) backlog. There's just way too many great games left for me to playthrough this generation to drop so much money this early on something that I'll barely end up playing.

Absolutely this. So far the PS4 offers me nothing that I want.

I'll be sticking to working through my huge PS3 backlog until the PS4 has updated models, games that I actually want and a price drop.

You don't seem to know how it works either. It's not unheard of for companies to push the game out fast just because they know it will sell and they don't have to put much effort into making new art assets or really spending much time on it. However, to make better/new games Devs cannot 'take their time on it'. There is such a thing as a deadline, not only does the game have to pitched, but very basic art assets and demos have to be made to then show the sponsors and investors. Those have to be made quickly but still to a high standard.

Once it's gone through the pipeline an by the time it's on the gold disc the deadlines are extremely tight and sometimes over half the assets created for a game are scrapped.

It's not a simple case of 'make this, make that and done'.

• Like 1