Knack 2 Medals

ExquisiteSteez

Is it me or are these relic boxes/golden beetles, flies, spiders very hard to find ?

The time/difficulty/score related challenges are easy and straight forward.

But for some reasons i'm having a hard time finding all relix boxes /golden beetles, flies, spiders

I've played chapter 3-1 (the demo chapter) more than ten times now. Destroyed every box, also the blue ones.

Most of the chapter is combat based. There ain't much platforming. Still i'm missing a box

I'm usually good at collectables but these are driving me mad.  ?

Do any people got the same problem ?

Edited by ExquisiteSteez

I wish the treasure finder thing would work on relic boxes. I went through one level like 5 times and could not for the life of me find all the relic boxes. I would even find one more while doing this and it still wasn't even all of them. So I gave up on those ones. lol

Golden Beetles aren't as bad in most levels, you just have to notice them before they fly off. Most are in plain site, but placed so they fly off as you approach for the first time (mostly).

In the end, I just focused on the hard/very hard no death ones, and usually doing that I'd get the score challenges done at the same time. Since on hard you get more points, and not dying gets you more points I believe and if you do it quickly as well... even more points! And I did a few bosses without dying ones. I'm glad we don't have to do all of them for the platinum, because I even looked up if there were guides on the relic boxes and nothing. Which didn't surprise me.

40 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I wish the treasure finder thing would work on relic boxes. I went through one level like 5 times and could not for the life of me find all the relic boxes. I would even find one more while doing this and it still wasn't even all of them. So I gave up on those ones. lol

Golden Beetles aren't as bad in most levels, you just have to notice them before they fly off. Most are in plain site, but placed so they fly off as you approach for the first time (mostly).

In the end, I just focused on the hard/very hard no death ones, and usually doing that I'd get the score challenges done at the same time. Since on hard you get more points, and not dying gets you more points I believe and if you do it quickly as well... even more points! And I did a few bosses without dying ones. I'm glad we don't have to do all of them for the platinum, because I even looked up if there were guides on the relic boxes and nothing. Which didn't surprise me.

Also have trouble with the green car challenge on chapter 13-1.

Played the chapter a few times now. Literally scouted everywhere, but i don't see a green car in the whole mission

Some of the easier medals are the hardest to get. And the harder medals (time/difficulty related) are much easier than i first thought

It makes no sense ?

@Elvick 

Thanks i'll keep trying. Finished most of these levels on very hard (for the highest score bonus).

Only need 4 more medals for the plat.

Edited by ExquisiteSteez

Finally got the plat

Enjoyed the game more than i expected. 

Only hated the medals. 

They aren't hard or anything, but they can be quite annoying at times

Don't be afraid to play the difficulty related challenges one "very hard"

Very hard is actually very easy with an upgraded Knack

Skip the relic boxes/golden challenges for now. Or wait for a guide.

You don't even need them for the plat. I've wasted my time on them

Edited by ExquisiteSteez

• 5 years later...

Screw the relic chests. Can’t find them to save my life, and the fact that nobody on YouTube has uploaded specific objectives for ALL chapters (including sub chapters) is a slap in the face. 

Finding beating the areas on Very Hard difficulty surprisingly easier than expected. Likely because I have all the basic upgrades.

13 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

the fact that nobody on YouTube has uploaded specific objectives for ALL chapters (including sub chapters) is a slap in the face. 

Who exactly would be the ones slapping here? Is there someone that owes you a guide for something that isn’t that hard? Does someone owe it to you to make your challenges easier?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Screw the relic chests. Can’t find them to save my life, and the fact that nobody on YouTube has uploaded specific objectives for ALL chapters (including sub chapters) is a slap in the face. 

Yeah, it sucks when you have to play the game yourself, without someone else doing the work for you, and giving you that work for free.

They should give you some kind of trophy for having to do all that thinking!

…oh wait.

They do. 

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Who exactly would be the ones slapping here? Is there someone that owes you a guide for something that isn’t that hard? Does someone owe it to you to make your challenges easier?

It’s a video idea. The relic chests can be very well hidden. Went through Chapter 3-1 about five or six times, can’t find all of them so I give up on those specific medals. 

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yeah, it sucks when you have to play the game yourself, without someone else doing the work for you, and giving you that work for free.

They should give you some kind of trophy for having to do all that thinking!

…oh wait.

They do. 

It sucks when you provide ad hominem and act, well, utter condescending because I don’t like the guy I’m quoting to. 

I suppose that instead of 100%ing Capcom Arcade Cabinet and soloing Commando Mode in Resogun I should of just left them unfinished.  

Duly noted.

Edited by AJ_Radio

27 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s a video idea. The relic chests can be very well hidden. Went through Chapter 3-1 about five or six times, can’t find all of them so I give up on those specific medals. 

Yeah, I have the platinum and know what you’re talking about. I was referring to your intentional choice of words. Either the words you use mean something and are intentional or you’re just typing randomness and no one should pay attention to what you’re saying because it means nothing. 

In this instance there is no “punch in the face” because no one is intentionally hurting you by not making a video guide for you. A guide would be a nice thing someone could do, but that’s not what you said. 

Anyway, once you get over that no one will make all the chests easy for you to find and move on with the game, you’ll figure out that you don’t need them all for the platinum.

• Like 2

IGN has a written guide to the collectibles in this game, tbh this game is far easier to Platinum than the first one - its not quite as RNG with the collectibles this time it also allows you just like the first to gain collectibles from friends that have gained one that you haven't got, for me they were random AI accounts on Knack 2 but in Knack 1 they will be on your friends list and thankfully there is no Diamond Knack this time.  The best things you can construct though in either game, are the treasure and relic mapper ones, the medals are not that taxing [ I am sure there are videos on Youtube to help you with them ], I personally just hate the time and colosseum trial challenges.  I hate time trials generally, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

I suppose that instead of 100%ing Capcom Arcade Cabinet and soloing Commando Mode in Resogun I should of [sic] just left them unfinished.  

I think you got trophies for completing those unrelated things in those unrelated games.

That was the prize on offer in those cases…

…I don’t recall there being a promise, when completing that Resogun trophy, for example, that it would come with an entitlement to a chest guide for Knack 2

…though I guess I may be misremembering. :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Yeah, I have the platinum and know what you’re talking about. I was referring to your intentional choice of words. Either the words you use mean something and are intentional or you’re just typing randomness and no one should pay attention to what you’re saying because it means nothing. 

In this instance there is no “punch in the face” because no one is intentionally hurting you by not making a video guide for you. A guide would be a nice thing someone could do, but that’s not what you said. 

Anyway, once you get over that no one will make all the chests easy for you to find and move on with the game, you’ll figure out that you don’t need them all for the platinum.

Some are easily found, so I figured by looking thru nooks and crannies you can find all of them. Which you will, but I’m not wasting my time repeating levels half a dozen times just to get a Knack medal. 

Understandably I’m sure Knack 2 didn’t sell all too well, as the first Knack game released with poor reviews. YouTube guides mostly show some of the more obvious objectives for medals, but I never found a guide for lighting 10 lamps with the freeze ability. So it’s a waste of time unless you’re either really patient or you’re going to do the objective for a video, which nobody has done for that particular one. 

Since you only need slightly less than half of all Knack medals, it’s better to just do the ones you know you can accomplish, and skip most of the collectible related tasks.

Edited by AJ_Radio

13 hours ago, DaivRules said:

It's an unfortunate side effect of having such easy access to information at our fingertips, people come to always expect it and rely on it. Once a quick search on YouTube/Google doesn't come up with a result people suddenly freak out.

Don't want to sound like I'm doing the whole 'back in my day' nonsense but... yeah, back in my day... unless a gaming magazine happened to cover it or you could get hold of a strategy guide then you were on your own. You had to figure out how to do things, where to find things etc. and a lot of games were often more willing to be obscure on top of that.

One of the reasons I've never needed a guide to get all the collectables is because I was getting all the collectables in games since I was a little kid so I had developed those skills over my life. Back when there weren't really guides to use and when a lot of games simply didn't track where you'd missed them nor allowed you to chapter/level select to mop up anything you missed you had to develop those skills otherwise you just simply wouldn't get 100%.

I've seen prolific guide writers and collectable guide makers get hassled because they haven't made a guide for 'x' or 'y'. Like, if PowerPyx doesn't have a video for some new game people actively show disdain towards PowerPyx xD They're not obligated to cover any game at all.

I think anyone who provides any helpful content whether it be full guides, collectable guides, maps, general hints and tips should be shown some gratitude. No one's obligated to make your time easier to finish a game after all.

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Don't want to sound like I'm doing the whole 'back in my day' nonsense but... yeah, back in my day... unless a gaming magazine happened to cover it or you could get hold of a strategy guide then you were on your own.

Same here. I started on Atari and Nintendo came out when I was pretty young. Watching GamePro tv, reading Nintendo Power, or seeing if there existed a strategy guide as par for the course, but it was always treated as a bonus when they did. Not an expectation that someone would provide it. Especially not in this instance when it’s not required to earn the platinum, and the number of people who are going to spend the time to find them all because they’re an actual completionist, not just a trophy completionist, is probably in the double digits at most. And they like the challenge and don’t need anyone to make it easy for them. 

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

One of the reasons I've never needed a guide to get all the collectables is because I was getting all the collectables in games since I was a little kid so I had developed those skills over my life. Back when there weren't really guides to use and when a lot of games simply didn't track where you'd missed them nor allowed you to chapter/level select to mop up anything you missed you had to develop those skills otherwise you just simply wouldn't get 100%..

I guess you could say you have a....knack for those sort of things

I'm sorry, I'll leave now

• Like 2