Trophy Thoughts because this thread always happens!

SkyMason

It's hard to tell how tough it's gonna be because I don't know the details of the modes, but my first impression is it might be easy? If there's 10 missions per character like MVC3 and the SF games then 100 shouldn't be an issue. I read that the ranks 14 and lower are for beginners, so those ranked trophies might also not be bad either. 

Like Marvel vs Capcom but extremelly easy. You dont need to play 200 online fights AND (most important) you dont need to do 480 Missions for 48 characters... So yeah, should be easy.

Although wait for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Infinite edition with all new characters and stages and a brad new trophy list with hardcore trophies...

I'll never understand why some devs come up with online trophies that involve... well, doing something stupid. Milestones, winning streaks, those I'm fine with. But why would you add something like win without blocking or win without switching characters? This is just disruptive to the person who ends up fighting you.

31 minutes ago, TooruPT said:

I'll never understand why some devs come up with online trophies that involve... well, doing something stupid. Milestones, winning streaks, those I'm fine with. But why would you add something like win without blocking or win without switching characters? This is just disruptive to the person who ends up fighting you.

Because winning without blocking means you didn't give them a chance to do anything, and didn't have to block. And winning without switching means you didn't need more than one character. Both mean you're significantly better than your opponent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Because winning without blocking means you didn't give them a chance to do anything, and didn't have to block. And winning without switching means you didn't need more than one character. Both mean you're significantly better than your opponent.

Some people will probably get those through normal play, true. It can also cause some players go into the online portion of the game with a particular mindset though. In Mortal Kombat 9, for instance, I remember running into people who wouldn't jump or would try to let the timer run out once every four or five matches. Maybe I was just unlucky, I don't know. All I'm saying is while these showboating trophies are probably meant to be online challenges for skilled players, there's also the chance they'll disrupt gameplay by promoting unnatural behaviour.

This actually isn't too bad. I reckon a 6/10 difficulty. MvC 3 Ultimate has a much tougher trophy list so compared to that, it seems rather forgiving. I think I will wait a while before I pick it up. I only just started MvC 3 for the first time a few weeks ago and I want to make my way through that first. Hopefully, when I do pick it up the online is still active.

The character's facial animations are crap. Not buying it.

Chun Li looks too Asian. Not buying it.

Trophy list looks easy. Fuck this game.

No X-Men characters in the game? Not buying it.

Gameplay looks crap. Not buying it.

Roster too small. Not buying it.

It is just a copy and paste of UMvC3. Not buying it.

From my various visits through gaming forums, these seem to be the most common things people mention about this game. The amount of hate this game gets is ridiculous. It seems this game has overtaken Mass Effect: Andromeda as the game people like to shit on for 2017. Perhaps people need to give the game a chance, wait till the game releases and the reviews are in before people judge it.

• Like 1

Yeah... looks stupidly easy to be honest.

Getting 100 Challenges done shouldn't be hard even if every character had only 5 of them. I imagine each char having 10 probably.

Finishing all missions with 5 chars seems like a 15 minutes trophy, considering some chars will be as easy as they were in marvel 3. (Looking at Nemesis, Ghost Rider, Hulk, ...)

Fast plat IF online isn't a huge ass grind like ultimate 3 was.

• Like 1

Might be a little bit of a grind, but it doesn't seem very challenging. I'll probably hold off on this until it's on sale or when the ultimate edition releases. 

Edit: Picked it up and loving it. 100 missions are a breeze and I've made it through all missions for two characters so far (you only need 5). The only trophy that'll be a real challenge is achieving 10th rank, but I'm willing to put in the work to get there.

Edited by ObliviousSenpai

2 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Amazing how confident you all are. I bet this one is really tough and annoying. Missions could be harder than in MvC3, you never know.

Meeting every fighter online could also be tricky. Overall MvC was never easy. In comparison with street fighter - yes. But in general,

it's not. Walking Dead is easy. This will be an ultra rare

MvC3 was really easy since since you can skip 40 mission, umvc is a pain. 100 mission+5 char completed i don't think can be defined hard stuff, maybe bit challenging. Just hope tag combo aren't too tricky because this can increase difficult for most

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have to be this guy now ;) 

Didn't most of you say that this game is soo easy? The rarity is still under 2%. You made it sound like it's basically a Disney game. So come on, where is your piss poor easy plat?

It's been out for quite a while now and I expected a platinum rain within the first week from all of you pros. Didn't happen huh? ?

• Like 2