A casual gamers' trophy list

Lagoon Aris

3 hours ago, lagoonaris said:

Well, the story of Wolf Among Us is interesteing. i played the first episode but after that I paused since I played Tells from Borderlands not long before that and I just needed a game with more gameplay than a Telltale. And then I got sidetracked. I will definitely return to Wolf though, but I don't know when :D

As for Norn9... I am not far enough in Code Realize to compare those two yet. In Realize I'm somewhere chapter 3 or so, I guess? I definitely didn't got to any route yet and actually I have to start anew since I forgot most of it << But in comparison to Amnesia, I liked Norn9 more. A lot more. The two main reasons I liked it more are 1. In retrospect, Amnesia was pretty abusive and made me question the romance choices of the heroine. In Norn9 it doesn't have so much abuse. 2. The overall story is just better. You have an actual plot which is the same in all routes but gets different outcomes depending on your choice of heroine, love interest and ending. But the overall plot is just... so much better since it actually has to do with the whole world and how the characters interact with each other... In Amnesia it was just this "Yeah, i fucked up your memories, so just chose a timeline and hope for the best.". Not much thought if you ask me. The world of Norn is really well defined and the characters also.
What might be a contra is the fact that the routes are a bit short. They are still a good length, they don't feel rushed and everything still seems defined but I heard reviews about how the game put quantity over quality (I don't think so, but some people do). And well, quantity there is since you have three girls from which you can chose whom to play. And each girl has three love choices each. So in the end you'll have 12 different routes with multiple endings. And all characters are different and still realistic. And no route felt like it copied another. It really was beautiful.
And I might have written a bit to much of a love hymn about this game, but oh well, it is my favorite otome so far. Maybe Code Realize can top that but so far, I just loved so much in Norn, it could be a challenge to top that :D 

Oh, I know what you mean. TFTB was amazing on all fronts. It's certainly tied for my favorite Telltale game with TWAU. The latter holds bias because I'm more into the crime genre & the little lore bits you unlock as you play through the story. 

Amnesia was my first VN & while I enjoyed it; I agree, the whole possessive alpha male through the routes was a big negative. I had far too many WTF moments. Realize is my favorite thus far (though I've only played the above mentioned & Hakuoki). I really enjoyed the steampunk theme, & thought the plot was better than Amnesia or Hakuoki. & while I had my favorite route, all were quite good & worth the playthrough. 

I can certainly see you enjoyed Norn9. Nothing wrong with that ;) I didn't know about the multiple heroines to choose from, that's a nice touch. Thank you for the response. Norn9 will definitely be moved to my to-buy list now. I still have two VNs to go through first (Hatoful Boyfriend & SteinsGate) before I pick it up. Maybe by then it'll be on plus; if not it sounds like it wouldn't have been a waste. I prefer physical copies anyway. 

6 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Oh, I know what you mean. TFTB was amazing on all fronts. It's certainly tied for my favorite Telltale game with TWAU. The latter holds bias because I'm more into the crime genre & the little lore bits you unlock as you play through the story. 

Amnesia was my first VN & while I enjoyed it; I agree, the whole possessive alpha male through the routes was a big negative. I had far too many WTF moments. Realize is my favorite thus far (though I've only played the above mentioned & Hakuoki). I really enjoyed the steampunk theme, & thought the plot was better than Amnesia or Hakuoki. & while I had my favorite route, all were quite good & worth the playthrough. 

I can certainly see you enjoyed Norn9. Nothing wrong with that ;) I didn't know about the multiple heroines to choose from, that's a nice touch. Thank you for the response. Norn9 will definitely be moved to my to-buy list now. I still have two VNs to go through first (Hatoful Boyfriend & SteinsGate) before I pick it up. Maybe by then it'll be on plus; if not it sounds like it wouldn't have been a waste. I prefer physical copies anyway. 

Amnesia was my first VN as well. Bac when it released on Steam. I really liked it but after playing some other VNs and then re-playing it on Vita, I realized that it just isn't so good as I remembered :D Hakuoki is a VN I still have to read. I own it but I haven't gotten to install it yet. I like the old japanese setting and I'm really curious as to how it will be. But first I want to finish Steins;Gate 0 and Code: Realize. STeins;Gate btw is a VN I also can recommend a lot. It can be counted as a sort of otome since you have different endings based on the girls but really, I wouldn't count it as one since the story is basically everything but romance. And damn awesome the story is! 

7 hours ago, lagoonaris said:

Amnesia was my first VN as well. Bac when it released on Steam. I really liked it but after playing some other VNs and then re-playing it on Vita, I realized that it just isn't so good as I remembered :D Hakuoki is a VN I still have to read. I own it but I haven't gotten to install it yet. I like the old japanese setting and I'm really curious as to how it will be. But first I want to finish Steins;Gate 0 and Code: Realize. STeins;Gate btw is a VN I also can recommend a lot. It can be counted as a sort of otome since you have different endings based on the girls but really, I wouldn't count it as one since the story is basically everything but romance. And damn awesome the story is! 

Hakuoki is pretty good, & it has some long stories. The best ones though I found where in the sub-stories section (more humorous). Just wished I'd picked up the vita version since reading on console was not as enjoyable. If you're interested in historic Japan then I'm sure you'll like it. 

I hear mainly great reviews for Steins;Gate so I'm looking forward to it! If I had any space to download it ? soon... I'm focusing on digital games to make room. 

7 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Hakuoki is pretty good, & it has some long stories. The best ones though I found where in the sub-stories section (more humorous). Just wished I'd picked up the vita version since reading on console was not as enjoyable. If you're interested in historic Japan then I'm sure you'll like it. 

I hear mainly great reviews for Steins;Gate so I'm looking forward to it! If I had any space to download it 1f606.png soon... I'm focusing on digital games to make room. 

Well, I own Hakuoki only for PS3. But since I mostly read at home anyways and the PS3 is in my own room, I guess it isn't as bad. Standing on my desk it is just as I would read a text on PC and since I usually read a lot on PC i won't mind. After Steins;Gate 0 and Code:Realize Hakuoki will definitely be the next VN for me to read. Can't wait to see how good it is.

6 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

This is not what I would say a casual gamer list looks like. I was expecting stuff like Call of Duty, sports games, GTA; you know, mainstream games.

Also, forgetting about time and not doing other things because of gaming is not something a casual does =p. Give yourself more credit.

Well, I'm a girl so all this brutal shooting and car driving stuff is totally not my interest :D And yeah, maybe I shouldn't really call myself a casual considering those arguments. But if I compare myself to some (most) other people on this site and especially in the trophy checklists, I just don't feel like a real hardcore gamer or trophy hunter. Since I play games mostly because of the fun and not for the trophies or plats. And I guess those two are the main reasons for a lot of people on this site which I would maybe count myself too if I hit the 50 plat mark or something like that. xp

5 hours ago, lagoonaris said:

Well, I'm a girl so all this brutal shooting and car driving stuff is totally not my interest :D And yeah, maybe I shouldn't really call myself a casual considering those arguments. But if I compare myself to some (most) other people on this site and especially in the trophy checklists, I just don't feel like a real hardcore gamer or trophy hunter. Since I play games mostly because of the fun and not for the trophies or plats. And I guess those two are the main reasons for a lot of people on this site which I would maybe count myself too if I hit the 50 plat mark or something like that. xp

Casual trophy hunter, sure. Casual gamer, I don't think so. You do play a lot of different games, thats enough to put yourself over the casual crowd.

Still, after using this site for a few months I also noticed I can't be considered a trophy hunter. I thought I was one but turns out they play whatever trash they don't care about as long as it means fast, easy trophies, something I would never ever do. Maybe we should come out with a term for those who just love playing games they like and getting trophies in those they like the most =p

On 7.10.2017 at 5:44 AM, AndresLionheart said:

Casual trophy hunter, sure. Casual gamer, I don't think so. You do play a lot of different games, thats enough to put yourself over the casual crowd.

Still, after using this site for a few months I also noticed I can't be considered a trophy hunter. I thought I was one but turns out they play whatever trash they don't care about as long as it means fast, easy trophies, something I would never ever do. Maybe we should come out with a term for those who just love playing games they like and getting trophies in those they like the most =p

Well, I guess "casual trophy hunter" would be, what comes to mind :D 

on another side note, I got another Platinum to add:
#12 Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek
Length of Time: ~ 5 - 6 hours
Difficulty: 1/10

This game is nothing new for me. I played all Artifex Mundi games on Steam, so I already knew the story. My main reason for playing it again were the trophies, the shiny plat and well, it was a great motivation to play some of my favorite casual games again. Enigmatis is one of my favorite trilogies from Artifex. I remember how mad I was at the cliffhanger of the second game and how happy I was when finally a third installment was announced to finish the story. Funny thing is, Enigmatis one wasn't released on Steam first. It got on the platform about half a year after Enigmatis 2. So I played the second game before I played the first. Nonetheless I loved the series. And finally I got to play it again with trophies to brag about :D Only thing which made me a bit angry was the fact that they hid the difficulty-related trophy in the trophy list. So i had to play it a second time. but oh well, it was pretty fast since I knew freshly were everything was.

• Like 1

Since I didn't wanted to spam the thread and I knew I would get a bunch of plats in short time, well... Three more platinums to add to my list:

#13 Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Length of Time: ~ 5 - 6  hours

#14 Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
Length of Time: 5:39 hours

#15 Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Length of Time: 3:36 hours

All of them are Artifex Mundi games, So everything was pretty easy and pretty fast. I really love Artifex games and it was a lot of fun playing their older installments again. Although I must confess I really hate the lack of fast travel. And the fact that you have to play a game twice just because you have to play a substitute of Hidden Object games. That kinda doesn't make any sense since you play the games for the sake of Hidden Object Scenes. But well, at least the substitute games are kinda fun. (I don't like Mahjong though...)
Nightmares from the Deep was one of my first Artifex games ever so it was really nostalgic to play again. But the story was a mere "okay". Later installments in the trilogy are better imo. Abyss is kinda an Artifex version of Bioshock. Underwater city and jump scares. Classic :D I quite liked it. And Dark Arcana was the one game where I forgot most of the story, so more fun to re-play that one.

I still have two Artifex games in my backlog. Grim Legends 1 and Eventide 1. but I'll probably wait a bit before playing them to get a little break in hidden object games. Now just the question what to play instead. Slowly working on FF14 right now and occasionally reading Danganronpa V3. But I don't think Danganronpa will be my next plat. I just don't read so much lately...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mannenntmichjens said:

While casually browsing this site I saw that you started the original Alice after Madness Returns and.......... can you cope with that game? :P

I was very happy afterwards that I played them chronological, because boy oh boy.... the old Alice is really clunky. I didn't hate it, but I feel like it aged ridiculously bad. Madness Returns felt like the best game of all time after that leap :P 

I tried it yesterday and I managed the first chapter. But into the fortress of doors there are these flying enemies who cry at you. It took me a while to figure out how t change weapons but even with the cards I can't seem to hit them, so yeah... was constantly killed by those things and after my fourth game over in my second encounter with those guys, I gave up. Hadn't the nerves to keep up with it. In comaprison to Madness Returns it really hasn't aged well.Not sure if I will be able to play this game through with such a clunky control xD"

9 hours ago, mannenntmichjens said:

While casually browsing this site I saw that you started the original Alice after Madness Returns and.......... can you cope with that game? :P

I was very happy afterwards that I played them chronological, because boy oh boy.... the old Alice is really clunky. I didn't hate it, but I feel like it aged ridiculously bad. Madness Returns felt like the best game of all time after that leap :P 

2 hours ago, Lagoon Aris said:

I tried it yesterday and I managed the first chapter. But into the fortress of doors there are these flying enemies who cry at you. It took me a while to figure out how t change weapons but even with the cards I can't seem to hit them, so yeah... was constantly killed by those things and after my fourth game over in my second encounter with those guys, I gave up. Hadn't the nerves to keep up with it. In comaprison to Madness Returns it really hasn't aged well.Not sure if I will be able to play this game through with such a clunky control xD"

I played them chronologically as well and was really happy that I did. I planned it that way after reading some reviews and thoughts on the games. I do have to admit that I gave up as well, then went back to finish it. 

Pro tip: Save after every jump and encounter with those screaming banshies. And I can't count how many times I've been killed by them. I got to a part where I had to jump a gap, but there was 1 of them there. It was so infruriating.

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to finally update my checklist, after I forgot for it for a while :D

I can proudly present:
2 new 100%s:

#5 Hue

#6 Nova-111

and 5 new Plats (all Artifex Mundi Games)

#20 Enigmatis 2: Mists of Ravenwood

#21 Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

#22 Nightmares from the Deep 2: Siren's Call
#23 Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
#24 Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

For the next game, I let my future self surprise me. Right now I let my room mate borrow my Vita so that she can play Danganronpa V3, so no work on any Vita games for a while. I decided to work on some easier and faster plats on PS4 for the time being so that I can then switch between easier games on PS3 and longer RPGs on PS4. At the moment I work on a collectible run for Valley as well as Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter. Occasionally I am back to Final Fantasy XIV to get some story progress and levequests done.

I also already set up mytrophy goals for 2018, which are:

- reaching an averagge completion rate of 50% or more
- reaching the 50th plat milestone.

I managed to get 20 plats this year, maybe more in the coming few days, so I think 25 or less shouldn't be a problem. I also have a lot of fun to clean my backlog right now and don't have any money (or the will) to spend on new games as I already have to many unstarted so yeah, getting the average completion should also be possible.

• 1 month later...

Another Update with a bunch of games. I got one new 100% and 5 new plats.

100% #7 Entwined
One of my first PS3 games, one of my first PS+ games and a game that I still really like. it took me one and a half year to complete this game but it was worth it every second. So far it was the most challenging game I completed. Unfortunately no platinum.

Platinums

#25 Wolf Among Us
Length of Time: n/a
After playing the first chapter I took a long time off of this game since it wasn't to much action gameplay-wise. I later returned to it, played it through within two days and I really started to like the game. The reveal of the villain was a bit of a let down. But I liked the implications at the end of the game. Makes me kinda hyped for season 2.

#26 Sherlock Holmes: the Devil's Daughter
Length of Time: ~ 20 hours
Difficulty: 3/10
More like "the Devil's glitches". Tha game crashed on me once and I had to restart. I also didn't like most of the trophy-related minigames. Especially the Bowl Champion. The cases were really interesting but the overall gameplay not so much.

#27 Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Length of Time: ~45 hours
Difficulty: 2/10
I always say I'm not a big fan of fighting games but I really love Naruto games. I'm not even that much of a Naruto fan. Read the whole manga but I didn't really love it, especially the ending. But I love the game. I was happy that this one didn't have any online trophies and only required 50% of everything. That made it fast and easy.

#28 Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery
Length of Time: ~ 5 hours
I didn't really pay much attention on the story but what I saw, I liked the first game more. I also didn't like the new alchemy system. The last one was more fun but oh well. It was the average Artifex game so I won't complain. It brought me through the day so that's that.

#29 N.E.R.O.
Length of Time: ~ 5 hours
The games visuals are way too dark. But I liked how the story was told. Quite a sad story as well. I used a collectibles guide for that game since most of the collectables I would have never found without one, so it was easy and fast and only a filler-plat for the milestone.

• 2 months later...

Another update. hope I will continue this checklist a bit more regularly in the future.

Since the last update I got a whole bunch of new games to my backlog but the backlog grows much much slower than it used to since I try to really concentrate on finishing my started games before I start new games and with that thought in mind I rarely buy any games. (I also don't have any money for it currently)

So, no new 100% this time, but 8 new plats since the last update:

#30 Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Length of Time: 42 hours
Difficulty: 3/10

Spoiler

I just had to make a Danganronpa game a milestone. if I'm able to I want to make the other games milestones as well but that will require a lot of work. Regarding this game in particular... I usually don't play shooters. One glimpse at my profile, there rarely any shooters but this one I really liked and made me rethink my stance on shooters a bit. I loved the story, I had fun shooting at Monokumas and I think this game is one of my favorites in the whole franchise. I loved Tokos development in this game and the villains and just everything. If I could, I would plat this game again.

#31 Coffin Dodgers
Length of Time: 12 hours

Spoiler

Nothing beats Mario Kart but this game was funny while it lasted. It's nice that trophy lists can't be changed much after they are uploaded to PSN. Otherwise this game would probably escalate like it does on Steam with its achievements. Getting online wins at certain days like Valentin's Day or even Christmas. Ridiculous! But on PS it is really easy. I hated the Uzi. But mainly I hated it because I tried to grind it out on local coop and that weapon didn't want to spawn. Only after hours I found the solution: The Uzi doesn't spawn in the first stage. I felt really stupid when I found out. After that it was like five or ten minutes and I got the plat.

#32 Steins;Gate 0
Length of Time: 36 hours

Spoiler

It was an interesting read, following Kurisus origin and going deeper into the relationships of characters other than Rintaro. It had its good moments, and I especially liked the ending of "Vega and Altair". But I still like the first game more. It got me more captivated than this one. One of the reasons it took me way longer (months) to finish this one. I also wasn't as emotuionally attached to this game as I was with the first game. But I'm certainly curious how they want to animate this game in the coming anime. It certainly should be more difficult than the original Steins;Gate with its linear endings.

#33 Demetrios
Length of Time: ~8 hours

Spoiler

The game was kinda funny, but the story wasn't really great. Very predictable, to be honest. The game lived more for the (sometimes rather lame) jokes than for anything else. Don't have a lot to say about it to be honest.

#34 Final Fantasy XV
Length of Time: ~75 hours

Spoiler

The game started interesting and seemed like a lot of fun but the more I progressed through the world and story the more shallow it became to me. The story didn't seem thought through, the ending felt rushed and I had the feeling a lot of things were left out. (I didn't watch the anime or movie because I wanted to judge the game as stand alone). The more time I spent in the world, the emptier it seemed to me. It took me months to grind out the last two trophies because the more I thought about the game and its characters, the more I started to dislike this game. I still don't have any motivation or interest for the dlcs even though I own the season pass. But with dlcs coming every year, it is just ridiculous. If I wanted to stick to one FF game for years I would have bought XIV. Oh wait, I did... 

#35 36 Fragments of Midnight
Difficulty: 8/10

Spoiler

For most people it was a really easy plat. For me it was quite difficult. I had to learn I'm not much of a person that likes to start from scratch when she can easily die. I nearly gave up ever getting this plat so I'm quite happy that I got it. Won't play it on PS4 though.

#36 Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Length of Time: ~15 hours

Spoiler

I liked it more than Devil's Daughter although the overall plot wasn't quite as interesting. I had fun with the game and there were no frustrating trophies as in DD. It was short and enjoyable but nothing special. I missed a few conclusions though in the fifth case. Really, not nice to make some conclusions missable if you certainly try to go after all the clues for the right conclusion...

#37 Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Spoiler

It was a nice little game whith which I had a lot of fun. At the beginning at least. After finishing the main story, it was more a drag to finish every collectible and all the quests. There was a lot of running around with nearly no means of helpful quick travel. (the sage stones were mostly out of the way and a pain to reach and the patch with the travel stone to the farms came quite late for my taste). Most stuff I found with the help of video guides, so there was not that much of a problem. The fishes were terrible though, especially the Gigalev.

So, 37 plats done, 3 for the next milestone, 13 for the 2018 goal of reaching 50 plats. Right now I got back my physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn and Witcher 3, which I gave to a friend. For that I had to return to him his Persona 5 copy. So one game less I can work on right now and have to buy first. I also don't have PS+ this month as money is quite scarce right now. I will buy PS+ again once they have an interesting game in their IGC again. Until then all my PS+ games are inaccessible to me. But doesn't matter as my plans currently are quite on sight: I want to finish Horizon Zero Dawn as next game and maybe squish Walking Dead in as well. After that I need to chose my #40 milestone. I think I will make Kingdom Hearts that milestone. I don't have a lot of stuff left to do in the game but I'm procrastinating the mushroom grinding for the final syntheses.

Well, that concludes this update. I try to be more consequent with the coming ones. Especially with new games in my backlog. Always a pain to go through all my purchases to find out which ones I forgot to add....

7 minutes ago, Jens said:

Hey a FFXV dislike-train-sister :P The moment I read about the next slew of DLCs for FFXV it even killed Kingdom Hearts 3 for me, I just don't trust them at all anymore to not pull that crap once more with KH3. Although it would be the (probably) last entry and I've played pretty much every one so far... but with my skepticism about the game itself and Squares annoying behavior I'm out. FFXV was simply not finished and they sold it despite of that. And for an experience I really didn't enjoy... I don't see the point in paying even more to fill in some gaps the story and game obviously had.

What made you return to Skyrim after such a long break? I finally found a good time (and sale :P ) to tackle it, because I always wanted to. But as always I am already scared of accidentally committing to some sides or fractions or whatever by accident :D 

I still have some hopes for KH3. I came quite late into the series. I played the NDs titles first and only after that I got access to a PS2 and to the maing ames back in... 2013. But ever sicne Kh is one of the dearest game franchises to me and even though I'm skeptical as well, I will buy KH3 on release and see where it will get me. KH3 will probably be the only game where I want to try to get a Collector's Edition as I missed out on all of them for the previous games.

Skyrim is a game, where I ocasionally try to return to. The plat isn't to difficult and I only ever hear great things about it (and a lot of memes). But it's funny how this game tries to make me hate it every time I try to play it. I tried it multiple times on PC and later on PS3. Never got me. The last time I stopped when I had to visit the Greybeards. I got lost on a mountain and rage quitted. (I'm really terrible with directions in games and in real life). I tried to pick it up a few days ago but... the Greybeards training quest glitched on me at every single occasion, making me reload multiple times. And after that I got jump scared by a lot of spiders and well.. I decided to do another break on it :D Really, Skyrim and I were are enemies. Long lasting enemies. And I don't even think the game world is beautiful. Everything I see is gray and dull and I really don't know why I still try this game. Probably because I don't want to give up. I'm way to stubborn for that xD

Edit: And regarding the factions. I think the trophy guide here explains well how you should handle that to not miss out on anything without having to worry to much about sides.

Edited by Lagoon Aris
  • Like 1

Nice work on your last Eight platinum trophies. As someone with experience in earning platinums in Bethesda games, I have some recommendations for your journey towards Platting Skyrim. I already listed these on my Trophy checklist. My brother best described Skyrim as a game you play, while waiting for the next crash. A problem I also had in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I have some simple steps to help you on your quest for the platinum.

• Pick a specific playthrough. Do not try to do everything in one playthrough, you will only give yourself a headache. 
  • Disable the autosaves, they only add more load time, I'd disable them for fast travel and entering buildings in particular. You can keep them on until you start hitting level 25-30
  • Pick only a few specific goals for each playthrough. So do the main quest, Civil War, Dawnguard, Mage College and Companions in one Playthrough. Maybe some other miscellaneous quests for trophies too and Hearthfire. Then do the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Daedric Quests, Dragonborn and Werewolf/Vampire perk trees etc. Set specific goals in each playthrough, then start a new character. 
  • Take breaks. Skyrim can become a chore to play through, particularly on console. Pause every once in awhile, go read a book, play a newer title, re-connect to people you haven't spoken to, due to ruining your life trophy hunting XD.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

Nice work on your last Eight platinum trophies. As someone with experience in earning platinums in Bethesda games, I have some recommendations for your journey towards Platting Skyrim. I already listed these on my Trophy checklist. My brother best described Skyrim as a game you play, while waiting for the next crash. A problem I also had in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I have some simple steps to help you on your quest for the platinum.

• Pick a specific playthrough. Do not try to do everything in one playthrough, you will only give yourself a headache. 
  • Disable the autosaves, they only add more load time, I'd disable them for fast travel and entering buildings in particular. You can keep them on until you start hitting level 25-30
  • Pick only a few specific goals for each playthrough. So do the main quest, Civil War, Dawnguard, Mage College and Companions in one Playthrough. Maybe some other miscellaneous quests for trophies too and Hearthfire. Then do the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Daedric Quests, Dragonborn and Werewolf/Vampire perk trees etc. Set specific goals in each playthrough, then start a new character. 
  • Take breaks. Skyrim can become a chore to play through, particularly on console. Pause every once in awhile, go read a book, play a newer title, re-connect to people you haven't spoken to, due to ruining your life trophy hunting XD.

Those sound like some really nice tips. I will definitely see to disable the autosaves. the long loading times are really terrible, especially since I'm playing on PS3.
Regarding the different playthroughs, I already decided to do everything in a order. I really dislike how they managed the quest book in the game, so I don't want to have it clustered. That's why I stick to the main story first and will do the guilds afterwards. One at a time. I really don't want to get side tracked with this game as I can't even find the ways from one quest to another << But if I can do everything in one game, I don't think I will start a new character. I have seen that start frequence so often, I really really loath it so much I simply don't want to see it again.
And about the breaks... already doing that. Playing Skyrim for 4 or 5 hours and then letting it be for another four months. I just can't deal with this game longer than two days at max xD 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping it short since I talk about my plats in the OP.

Games removed from the backlog:

- Horizon Zero Dawn -> plat 38

- 36 Fragments of Midnight -> plat 39

Games added to the backlog:

- Eventide 2 (PS4)

- Bad Apple Wars (Vita)

- Hatsune Miku Project Diva f (Vita) -> already started

Edit 01.05.18:

added to backlog:

Exist Archive (PS4)

Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force

Rayman Legends -> PS+

Risen 3 -> PS+

Edited by Lagoon Aris

• 1 month later...

Game removed from the backlog:

- Valley -> plat 40

- Eventide 2 -> plat 41

- Deponia -> plat 42

added to the backlog:

- Pic-a-Pix Color (PS4)

- Pic-a-Pix Color (Vita)

Edit 5 hours later:

game removed from the backlog:

- Pic-a-Pix Color (PS4)

Edit 28.06:

game removed from the backlog:

- Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS4)

Edited by Lagoon Aris
should make a weekly post instead of edits <<

• 2 weeks later...

Games removed from the backlog:

- Pic-a-Pix Color (Vita) -> #45

- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f -> #46

Games added to the backlog:

- Adventures of Mana

- Grim Legends 3

- Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS+)

Games started from the backlog:

- Demetrios -> daily streak game

Since the "Days of Plays" event, I tried to maintain a daily trophy streak. Currently at 31 days.

My daily trophy games so far were Deponia and Project Diva.

My current daily trophy game is Demetrios on Vita.

• 2 months later...

Games added to the backlog (16):

- 2064: Red Memories Only (PS+)

- A Hat in Time

- A.W. Phoenix Festa

- Anither World (PS+)

- Bound by Flame (PS+)

- Deiland

- Draw Slasher (PS+)

- Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure (Vita + PS4)

- Foul Play (PS+)

- Mafia III (PS+)

- Master Reboot (PS+)

- Nightmares from the Deep 3

- Oceanhorn

- Q.U.B.E. (PS+)

- Rayman 3 HD (PS+)

- Sparkle 2 (PS+)

Games started from my backlog (5):

- A Hat in Time

- Adventures of Mana

- Deiland

- Fill-a-Pix (Vita)

- Oceanhorn

Games removed from my backlog (2):

- A Hat in Time

- Oceanhorn

I updated the whole backlog with all PS games that I bought since July, including PS+. A lot of them ended in the unsure category, so I don't know if I will ever play them or plat them.
I also started 5 new games. One I already have to put on hold due to my Vita having died. 2 others from those I've started, are already plated and added as #47 and #48

I recounted my points and well, I managed to get 4 points since July and I wasted 15, getting me to a minus of 12. Good thing, I don't have any money to buy new games. Will have to get the points into plus 3 before I will buy another game.

• 4 weeks later...

Games added to the backlog (4):

- Atelier Totori (shame on me!)

- Jazzpunk (shame on me²)
- Red Dead Redemption (bought by both my room mate and me together)

- Resonance of Fate (PS4) (bought by my room mate)

Games started from my backlog (1):

- Resonance of Fate

Games started from my backlog on an alt (3):

- Catherine

- Devil May Cry

- Red Dead Redemption

Games removed from my backlog (3)

- Grim Legends 3

- Nightmares from the Deep 3

- Jazzpunk

I'm in no mood of trophy hunting currently, so I decided to start some games from my unsure to plat list to just enjoy the story.
RDR didn't got me. Mostly because the controls of the horse are so clunky for me, I can't keep up with the race against that woman quite early in the game. Quitted right there.
DmC is so far fun. I just got Ifrit and didn't play that much afterwards, but I went through all of the story up until than in a single sitting. Will return to the game, but it will definitely stay on the alt, as I don't want to tackle the harder difficulties.
Catherine is quite a lot of fun. The puzzles are a bit tricky but I like it. Probably won't plat it as well, but the story is interesting.

Resonance of Fate seems promising. But the tutorials don't really explain well. My room mate played more of the game so I will let her explain the system to me once I have the time to learn it and then will return to this game again.

Edit:

Since Jazzpunk got on sale, I decided to make it my #50. That got my spirits back into trophy hunting, so I managed to finish 3 games in the span of two days.

Nightmares from the Deep 3: Artifex game I already played on PC. Therefore it was just a quick filler plat for the #49

Jazzpunk: My #50 milestone. I love that game although it really makes me motion sick. Dunno why. But I'm content with it as a milestone.

Grim Legends 3: Another quick plat to get all Artifex games I bought so far out of the way. It was a bit more tricky due to a lot of missable trophies but nothing challenging.

Edited by Lagoon Aris
3 games removed

Games added to the backlog (5):

- ARKEDO Series (PS+)

- Bulletstorm (PS+)

- Persona 5 (PS4, changing PS3 backlog to PS4, still -3 points)

- Roundabout (PS+)

- Yakuza Kiwami (PS+)

Games started from my backlog (1):

- Burly Men at Sea

Games started from my backlog on an alt (0):

Games removed from my backlog (2)

- #52 Naruto SUNS 3 Full Burst (+ 2 points [story + plat])

- #53 Burly Men at Sea (+1 point)

so far only PS+ games added. Have to edit them into the OP yet but don't want to do that right now.

I started working on Naruto UNS 3 Full Burst and am into the end game content. I plan on finishing it in the coming week or two.

I finished Naruto SUNS 3. Not sure what I'm going to play next

Played Burly Men at Sea next. Now off to the same question.

Edited by Lagoon Aris