Scratching post

Totalcross3000

2 minutes ago, Totalcross3000 said:

I have a 4 month old female grey tabby. I bought her a cat hangout and she refuses to sharpen her claws on it and she keeps sharping her claws on couch. I've tried spray bottles as discipline but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Every time she scratches the couch, put her in front of the scratching post, and rub the nails against it. This takes lots of time as cats can be really stubborn, but eventually she'll realize that you're not giving in.

22 minutes ago, Totalcross3000 said:

I have a 4 month old female grey tabby. I bought her a cat hangout and she refuses to sharpen her claws on it and she keeps sharping her claws on couch. I've tried spray bottles as discipline but to no avail. Any suggestions?

What Dragon-Archon suggested is generally the most effective thing to do. What works will really depend on your cat as every cat has their own personality and quirks. I've had cats where this method worked for them and others where it didn't. I've even had cats who couldn't stand milk and others who couldn't care less about catnip so that just goes to show there are false stereotypes when it comes to cats too. Just keep working with her and you'll get her trained eventually.