2018 FIFA World Cup - Russia

BlackSnake1435

20 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

So results against the team bottom of the group don't count right? That puts Slovakia in 7th place out of 9 in the play off table with 12 points, one ahead of Wales and Croatia with a +1 goal difference over both teams who are both playing the third placed team in their groups next, Ireland and Ukraine respectively. And both of them can still get themselves into the play off spot with a victory. 

Yep, exactly like this. :) That's why everything depends on today's results =D

Our country Iran got great results in the qualifying stage with no loss and only 2 conceded goals.We got clean sheets in all games except one thanks to our great defenders.We got our qualification as the third country for this tournament after Russia and Brazil.Our team has become really good since last tournament and I hope we make it to the elimination stage for the first time is the history 

Well, seeing as Norway ended fourth in their group I will paint my cheeks with the colours of the Icelandic flag next summer, and I'm hoping that Sweden and Denmark win their play-off matches as well.

And then, during the Euro 2020 we will beat them all to a pulp!!

Okay, I think actually qualifying for Euro 2020 will be enough. The last championship we qualified for was Euro 2000, so just reaching a championship will suffice for now.

EDIT: typo.

Edited by Bartoulum

12 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, knowing the team of my country (Ecuador) it was no surprise the catastrophe that just happened.

I didn't need to be a wizard.

Let's see if Peru survives again New Zealand.

I didn't watch the match, if you did, did Ecuador play it intending to win or at least intending not to lose? Or knowing Argentina's shenanigans in the past since always, was the match fixed?

Edited by Deceptrox

On 9-10-2017 at 7:26 PM, ps-freak666 said:

The fuck is wrong with Team Oranje lately?

A lot is wrong with the current state of Dutch football. We're missing the players we used to have and new talent just isn't as good now they were in previous generations. This may be part due to young talent being snatched away at a young age to be used as a benchwarmer for some mid-tier club in Europe. The Dutch competition is becoming a joke, players are being sold of way too young (so they can't develop properly) and half of the matches are played on artificial grass because half the teams can't afford actual grass and the upkeep of it.

A lot of Dutch internationals play in international teams, but where the teams they used to play for were the likes of Manchester United, Barcelona and Bayern Munich, now they're sitting on the bench of lower classed teams internationally, or they play in the Dutch competition with the issue mentioned above.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2017 at 7:26 PM, ps-freak666 said:

The fuck is wrong with Team Oranje lately?

Their golden generation is old and they don't have much in terms of youngsters.

On 10/9/2017 at 9:22 PM, Bartoulum said:

Well, seeing as Norway ended fourth in their group I will paint my cheeks with the colours of the Icelandic flag next summer, and I'm hoping that Sweden and Denmark win their play-off matches as well.

And then, during the Euro 2020 we will beat them all to a pulp!!

Hide contents

Okay, I think actually qualifying for Euro 2020 will be enough. The last championship we qualified for was Euro 2000, so just reaching a championship will suffice for now.

EDIT: typo.

Lulz, my prediction came true, Slovakia did get knocked out =D

13 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I'm from Peru and we have not been able to classify to the World Cup since Spain 1982. We still have one more match left against New Zealand in november. Lets go Peru!!

I was really happy when Peru drew the game. It's just a great feeling to see Chile out. 

4 minutes ago, AtroxBR said:

I was really happy when Peru drew the game. It's just a great feeling to see Chile out. 

I was more happy to see that 3-0. Much respect for Brasil. The entire country was checking the other match results at the the same time. It was a really tense night for us  and we own the playoffs to Venezuela, Brasil and Ospina for touching that indirect free kick from Guerrero.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I was more happy to see that 3-0. Much respect for Brasil. The entire country was checking the other match results at the the same time. It was a really tense night for us  and we own the playoffs to Venezuela, Brasil and Ospina for touching that indirect free kick from Guerrero.

Ospina true hero, lol. Hope you guys got classified after november. 

Yeah, once again we did it, Colombia qualified for the world cup but i'm gonna be honest, I do not expect to much from them considering how they played during the last games. Argentina did it as well despite of too many people crossing their fingers to see them being humilliated. I would have never believed that the USA would fail to qualify for the wc after that game against Panama. Well, once again, congratulation to all qualified nations so far, specially for those who hadn't never been in a world cup before (Panama and Iceland) and those who hadn't been qualified for a long while (Egypt and i'm crossing my fingers to list peru here)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

I didn't watch the match, if you did, did Ecuador play it intending to win or at least intending not to lose? Or knowing Argentina's shenanigans in the past since always, was the match fixed?

It's very hard to tell and not due the typical: mafia guys know to hide their stuff, but because (as I said it before), our football federation hired a new coach a few weeks ago who based on some twitters fans was helped to choose a basically 100% new group, it was going to be impossible that those guys work as a team in just a few days. That's a fact.

So, there are hundred reasons to make people don't speculate about Fifa's help.

The only thing that will never be answered is: the defense was bought or threatened to avoid contact with Messi?

You can say wherever you want about the first goal (praising Messi), but in the third one Messi is visible faster than all Ecuadorians, we're talking about second half, in Quito!!!!!

This crew was specially selected by the coach because they basically were born in the altitude of Quito, they're not players whom play  overseas like Antonio Valencia, Montero or Noboa. And we're not talking about a Messi 2012. Well, what is done is done.