2018 FIFA World Cup - Russia

BlackSnake1435

46 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

It's very hard to tell and not due the typical: mafia guys know to hide their stuff, but because (as I said it before), our football federation hired a new coach a few weeks ago who based on some twitters fans was helped to choose a basically 100% new group, it was going to be impossible that those guys work as a team in just a few days. That's a fact.

So, there are hundred reasons to make people don't speculate about Fifa's help.

The only thing that will never be answered is: the defense was bought or threatened to avoid contact with Messi?

You can say wherever you want about the first goal (praising Messi), but in the third one Messi is visible faster than all Ecuadorians, we're talking about second half, in Quito!!!!!

This crew was specially selected by the coach because they basically were born in the altitude of Quito, they're not players whom play  overseas like Antonio Valencia, Montero or Noboa. And we're not talking about a Messi 2012. Well, what is done is done.

Since Ecuador almost got a point in Chile and they only lost due to a mistake, it's strange that they were defeated by a terrible Argentinan team.

5 hours ago, Atlas said:

Ospina true hero, lol. Hope you guys got classified after november. 

3 hours ago, BlackSnake1435 said:

Yeah, once again we did it, Colombia qualified for the world cup but i'm gonna be honest, I do not expect to much from them considering how they played during the last games. Argentina did it as well despite of too many people crossing their fingers to see them being humilliated. I would have never believed that the USA would fail to qualify for the wc after that game against Panama. Well, once again, congratulation to all qualified nations so far, specially for those who hadn't never been in a world cup before (Panama and Iceland) and those who hadn't been qualified for a long while (Egypt and i'm crossing my fingers to list peru here)

Thanks for the good wishes. Its been 35 years without a place in the worldcup ?

15 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Since Ecuador almost got a point in Chile and they only lost due to a mistake, it's strange that they were defeated by a terrible Argentinan team.

Yes, but they never dominated the match. Last night they didn't care too much about the game.

I just found out that some info have been circulating during the day, 5 titular players we're partying the night before the match.

http://disq.us/url?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpic.twitter.com%2FVuKmARiAhK%3AybETPea4erNPAPiCgPboadXNKqY&cuid=2343916

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

We're very close to get all teams.

Play-off phase starts today.

Croatia vs Greece 

Northern ireland vs Switzerland 

Sweden vs Italy

New Zealand vs Peru

Denmark vs Ireland 

Any pronostics?

Denmark will definitely make it hard for Ireland. It will be a walk in the park for Switzerland against Northern Ireland. Croatia will win with only one single goal difference in the first fixture against Greece. A draw could be possible between Sweden and Italy, but I doubt it, so my bet would be on Italy in that fixture as well since the home national team doesn't have Ibrahimovic anymore.

So Croatia are in after crusing last Greece 

Switzerland do enough to get past Northern Ireland and get in 

Italy can’t get past Sweden and miss WC xDxD 

So just Ireland vs Denmark, Peru vs New Zealand and Australia vs Honduras 2nd legs to go with all to play for with them all currently at 0-0

• Like 1

Congratulations to Peru as well!, i'm so happy to see them once again in a world cup after so many years.

I must admit, I would have never expected to see Italy out of the world cup after 60 years qualifying without any inconvenient. Anyway, can you just imaginate?, a world cup without the Netherlands, Italy, Chile and the USA, I actually can't explain what's going on. Well I mean, Chile was among the favorites to qualify, considering that they won two copa Americas in a row and reached the final of the confederetion cup (but the most impressive thing is that they actually had a chance of defeating Germany during the group stage). COnserning the USA, I was just used to see them playing in the World Cup. Just as the dutch, the italians had but luck, you know, after playing that hard they had to face Sweden (who won 8-0 a took a place away from the Netherlands). Now, if you think about it, both Netherlands and Italy won't attend the world cup because of Sweden.

Edited by BlackSnake1435
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackSnake1435 said:

Congratulations to Peru as well!, i'm so happy to see them once again in a world cup after so many years.

I must admit, I would have never expected to see Italy out of the world cup after 60 years qualifying without any inconvenient. Anyway, can you just imaginate?, a world cup without the Netherlands, Italy, Chile and the USA, I actually can't explain what's going on. Well I mean, Chile was among the favorites to qualify, considering that they won two copa Americas in a row and reached the final of the confederetion cup (but the most impressive thing is that they actually had a chance of defeating Germany during the group stage). COnserning the USA, I was just used to see them playing in the World Cup. Just as the dutch, the italians had but luck, you know, after playing that hard they had to face Sweden (who won 8-0 a took a place away from the Netherlands). Now, if you think about it, both Netherlands and Italy won attend the world cup because of Sweden.

Haven't seen the matches between Sweden and Italy, but in the qualifiers Sweden had a lot of 'luck'. Everything went their way and even then they only qualified on goal difference.

In the first match agains the Netherlands the winning goal for the Netherlands was wrongly denied by the ref. They won against France because the French goalie gave the match away. There was 0 effort from Luxembourg in the 8-0 victory. The same guys that only lost 1-0 in the other match against Sweden and kept France on 0-0. They didn't have that many goals against overall and then they lost 8-0 against Sweden.

It appears that Sweden was destined to be in next years world cup.

As for the Netherlands, they don't really have any right to go to the world cup with the way they've been playing. They need to rebuild and hope they have a shot at the next Euro cup.

Edited by Ric

So this is the field for the World Cup 

• Russia (host)
  • Brazil (CONMEBOL)
  • Iran (AFC)
  • Japan (AFC)
  • Mexico (CONCACAF)
  • Belgium (UEFA)
  • South Korea (AFC)
  • Saudi Arabia (AFC)
  • Germany (UEFA)
  • England (UEFA)
  • Spain (UEFA)
  • Nigeria (CAF)
  • Costa Rica (CONCACAF)
  • Poland (UEFA)
  • Egypt (CAF)
  • Serbia (UEFA
  • Iceland (UEFA)
  • France (UEFA)
  • Portugal (UEFA)
  • Uruguay (CONMEBOL)
  • Argentina (CONMEBOL)
  • Colombia (CONMEBOL)
  • Panama (CONCACAF)
  • Morocco (CAF)
  • Senegal (CAF)
  • Tunisia (CAF)
  • Switzerland (UEFA)
  • Croatia (UEFA)
  • Sweden (UEFA)
  • Denmark (UEFA)
  • Australia (AFC)
  • Peru (CONMEBOL)

so any sort of group you want to see?

Edited by Jare

There are actually hundrets of posibilities for the draw's result, however, everything we know so far is that Russia (qualified as host nation) among with Germany, France, Portugal, Poland, Belgium, Brazil and Argentina will be leading a different group, considering that they are the best 7 qualified football teams in the world ranks. Two football teams of the same confederation cannot meet in the same group, but since there are 14 qualified europeans teams and only 8 groups and exception will be done in this case, having in mind that not more than 2 europeans teams per group will be allowed.

Based on this rules, we all should know that as it is for Colombia, Peru and Uruguay, they cannot be assigned to the same group with Brazil or Argentina and thus they will be assigned to any of the other 6 teams. It means they'll have to face TWO europeans groups on they way to eight finals.

Edited by BlackSnake1435

Turns out Peru's government is considering a takeover of their football federation, to which FIFA responded by threatening them with disqualification (essentially opening the doors to a New Zealand classification, but some news sources claim it'd be given to Chile instead). That will surely stop any nationalization of the organization on its tracks, but who nows if it'll actually work - football involves a lot of money and I'm sure the peruvian government would appreciate the extra income for whatever purposes it sees fit.

Here are the groups for the World Cup 

GROUP A: Russia, Uruguay, Egypt, Saudi Arabia

GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco

GROUP C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia

GROUP Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria

GROUP E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

GROUP F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

GROUP G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama

GROUP H: Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan

Edited by Jare
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jare said: