2018 FIFA World Cup - Russia

BlackSnake1435

25 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Peru, Mexico and Argentina have tough groups. 

You're right Iceland it could be the sensation of the tournament, if they get rid of Argentina I want them to be champions :P

3 minutes ago, homer_snake said:

Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) looks fun ! All the teams got their own unique style

Yeah, I also like C and F

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jare said:

Here are the groups for the World Cup 

GROUP A: Russia, Uruguay, Egypt, Saudi Arabia

GROUP B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco

GROUP C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia

GROUP Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria

GROUP E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

GROUP F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

GROUP G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama

GROUP H: Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan

I'm just glad that England didn't get Germany. Belgium will still be a tough game though. 

Edited by BrandonSmithy_

As a Pole, I'm so happy to finally make it back to the World Cup after 12 years, and with a much better team than we had in Germany. That being said, we got a manageable group, but a bit tricky. Colombia is going to be our toughest test no doubt. And Japan is fast on the counter-attack so they could surprise some people. We should still win against Japan and Senegal, and hoping for at least a draw with Colombia.

Either group D or F can be considered the dreaded "Group Of Death" but honestly I don't see a clear-cut group this year. Argentina and Germany will top their respective groups, but the rest are toss-up. I'm also jumping on the Iceland bandwagon. THE VIKING CLAP IS BADASS.

Finally, some exciting games within the groups. Most notably: Germany vs Mexico; Portugal vs Spain; France vs Denmark, and obviously Belgium vs England.

• Like 1

I don't see a group stronger than other, maybe group F, but for now the groups looks very even.

warrervena.png

warrervena.png

I really liked the groups. They all look evenly matched with a few minor exceptions. As a fan of Mexico, they have a tough group that i believe will come down to goal differential as to who moves on to the knockout stage. That being said, if Mexico does get 2nd place, they will most likely have to face (assuming they win their group) Brazil. Rough. 

45 minutes ago, TwistedHunter said:

I really liked the groups. They all look evenly matched with a few minor exceptions. As a fan of Mexico, they have a tough group that i believe will come down to goal differential as to who moves on to the knockout stage. That being said, if Mexico does get 2nd place, they will most likely have to face (assuming they win their group) Brazil. Rough. 

As a Brazilian, the knock-out phase is giving me nightmares only thinking about it, I'm betting on Mexico in the Round-of-16 that always give Brazil trouble, England on the quarter-finals, Spain or France in semi and Argentina or Germany in the final. 

2 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Favourite group? 

I guess it's group F for me. Looking forward for Ger vs Swe and Ger vs Mexico
Adding SK, looks interesting

1 hour ago, homer_snake said:

Anyone noticed that if it wasn't for the continental law ,the group B would be an all European?! (Spain-Portugal-Denmark-Serbia)

Noticed that too as soon as they draw Serbia.
What a group it would have been

Looking forward to play against our brothers. 

Edited by bmg_ps
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bmg_ps said:

I guess it's group F for me. Looking forward for Ger vs Swe
Adding Mexico and SK, looks interesting

Noticed that too as soon as they draw Serbia.
What a group it would have been

I was happy when I see the group with Spain and Portugal gonna get Denmark as its 3rd pot (Danger Passed)  but then I was just like WTF!!!  ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

As a Brazilian, the knock-out phase is giving me nightmares only thinking about it, I'm betting on Mexico in the Round-of-16 that always give Brazil trouble, England on the quarter-finals, Spain or France in semi and Argentina or Germany in the final. 

Argentina doesn't work that much as a team like Germany, France, Spain or Brazil do to name a few countries, don't be surprised if they have a hard time making it to the next round.

Edited by Deceptrox

2 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

As a Pole, I'm so happy to finally make it back to the World Cup after 12 years, and with a much better team than we had in Germany. That being said, we got a manageable group, but a bit tricky. Colombia is going to be our toughest test no doubt. And Japan is fast on the counter-attack so they could surprise some people. We should still win against Japan and Senegal, and hoping for at least a draw with Colombia.

Either group D or F can be considered the dreaded "Group Of Death" but honestly I don't see a clear-cut group this year. Argentina and Germany will top their respective groups, but the rest are toss-up. I'm also jumping on the Iceland bandwagon. THE VIKING CLAP IS BADASS.

Finally, some exciting games within the groups. Most notably: Germany vs Mexico; Portugal vs Spain; France vs Denmark, and obviously Belgium vs England.

I think Group H may be a bit more open actually, while I'd still expect them to top said group I wouldn't underestimate Columbia (who fimished ahead of argentina in qualifying) and even Senegal with Sadio Mane on point in the squad.  Likewise with Argentina, looking at the group I honestly don't think they'll qualify, they barely made it through the qualifiers, and there defence is a bit crap. They have Iceland first which I think will be a tough test for them.