Wotc: harder then vanilla

Blackmist_FFXI

Might have seemed a wee bit tougher to me, mainly because of the fatigue system, but otherwise it just felt the usual "that's XCOM baby", and the new heroes made it a walk in the park. Wasn't on Legend, though (rushed it on Commander for the trophies), so maybe they made it especially harder on Legend? Will start a L/I run soon, we'll see.

Also, don't know if it's how you played it, but I tried to farm AP points by flanking and shooting from high ground a lot. That, with the right upgrades and some covert missions bonuses to aim obviously helped thwart that nasty RNG :)

i play hella defensive, Try to Over watch 2~ units a round if needed, always aim for high cover, Always try for the flank or high ground bonus, but im seeing even 85-90% shots missing, back to back... Yea I get its xcom, i've had a <5% Shot Hit in enemey unkown (Xbox) - but shit Im getting slaughtered on the 1st mission -- 

Was watching a youtube streamer Just to get a feel for the changes - needless ta say, He makes it look way easy (Legendary Iron man mode, same as me) but Shit Even his 40-50s are hitting more then my own, Maybe I made RNJesus upset by not getting Destiny two? heh

So, I played a little Legend and here's my two pence worth.

At first, I was thinking you had just some plumb dumb curse on you, as I was getting flawless after flawless and generally was pretty much cruising. Then I got to this quite early guerrilla (or supply?) mission where I nearly wiped. The difference wasn't that much in RNG, but in the map layout and where the opposition spawned, which is more or less the same, I know, but less obvious than a 97% missed shot.

Anyhow, I'd say, last example put aside, that it doesn't feel actually harder, but pretty much the same, if not easier after a while (when you begin to capitalise on various bonuses from scientific breakthroughs and covert missions, for example). Sorry, but I guess RNJesus had you in his crosshairs :) Did it get better after a while? Luck comes both ways usually...

Edited by KennethMcCormick

Yah i tryed gate crasher another 7x. Slight save scum * exit before end of alien turn to reset mine mixed w fresh campains

My 2nd mission.  1st after gate crash. Was a tunnel mission.  4 turns to get to obj. W 2 pods at start.  

Went back to divinity orginal sin. For a while.  Lone wolf. Honnor playthru Much easyer w same bull.. Lol. 93% hit misses 4 x