Is it worth buying a PSP nowadays?

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

On 16/09/2017 at 1:11 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Buying a PSP is worth it if you think it's worth it.

• Will you spend time with it, even though you have a Vita and probably other consoles?
  • Does it have games you want to play that you can't play on systems you already own?
  • Looking at the first two points, do you think the amount of money you'll have to sink into the PSP and games is worth it?

Personally, I still occasionally buy a SNES cartridge. I think it's worth it, others might disagree. It's up to you to decide if the PSP is worth it - nothing new is being made for it so the game list is pretty much set in stone.

I don't see myself spending a lot of time with it, but I have always wanted to try out Crisis Core, that's my main lure, and it's pretty cheap nowadays even brand new. I don't really know if the money and time I'll put into the PSP would be worth it though, which is why I'm hesitant. I already have a pretty huge backlog of games already for other consoles, so it's not like I'm dying for new games to play.

6 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I don't see myself spending a lot of time with it, but I have always wanted to try out Crisis Core, that's my main lure, and it's pretty cheap nowadays even brand new. I don't really know if the money and time I'll put into the PSP would be worth it though, which is why I'm hesitant. I already have a pretty huge backlog of games already for other consoles, so it's not like I'm dying for new games to play.

In that case I'd say don't do it. It's just one game you're after and you have enough other games on more recent platforms, and the PSP doesn't seem to have sentimental value for you so that argument is out as well.

On 18/09/2017 at 7:45 AM, BillyHorrible said:

In that case I'd say don't do it. It's just one game you're after and you have enough other games on more recent platforms, and the PSP doesn't seem to have sentimental value for you so that argument is out as well.

Knowing my luck Crisis Core would get ported/remade shortly after buying it anyhow. That seems to happen to me a lot, I recently brought FF9 last week for the PS3 (having never played it before), then the remastered version of it gets released today on PS4, lol.

I think I'll hold off on the PSP for now, thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...