Your First(s) To Acheive A Game's 100%/Platinum

Coladar

This didn't appear to "fit" elsewhere, but mod can move if it does.

So... as the title says, what games have you managed to be the first ever to Plat or 100%, as monitored here on PSNProfiles...? It surely ain't the easiest thing to accomplish, and undoubtedly is quite a mark of achievement. (Also, include the current number of owners of the game or number who have now Platted/100%'ed, to give an indication of your achievement - i.e.: A game that still has only ten owners...? Not quite the same thing.

As for me? Only one, and I'm quite proud of it  -and even with 137 100%'ers, I still have the 37th fastest completion time: it required a ridiculous collectible hunt, in VR, no less, so, yeah, was quite a feather in my gaming/trophy hunting cap! Here They Lie, PSVR. 3,723 owners, 137 100%'ed. Released in October 2016.

When I originally got the plat, I was 1st on the PS3 version of Legend of Korra, the PS3 version of XBlaze Code Embryo, and Rogue Legacy. I'm now second for Legend of Korra and XBlaze, and 7th on Rogue Legacy.

I've been knocked out of the first achiever spot by new people joining the site, or just because I happened to sync before they did. Which is one of the reasons I kind of stopped caring about getting on that leaderboard. You could be the first achiever right now, but that doesn't mean you were actually the first. And personally, when I was going for first achiever status and even when I was going for fastest achiever status, it hurt the experience for me. I had to look at the trophy lists immediately, and completely cater everything I did in the game to getting them. Instead of just focusing on playing the game and enjoying it. It led to be getting incredibly burnt out on games, and trophy hunting specifically. I really stopped trophy hunting for about a year, and very rarely even played games. Which is one of the reasons I never even look at trophy lists until I beat a game anymore, and don't really pay attention to my speed.

Congrats on the 1st spot though, I know how exciting it can be. Hopefully you hang on to it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

When I originally got the plat, I was 1st on the PS3 version of Legend of Korra, the PS3 version of XBlaze Code Embryo, and Rogue Legacy. I'm now second for Legend of Korra and XBlaze, and 7th on Rogue Legacy.

I've been knocked out of the first achiever spot by new people joining the site, or just because I happened to sync before they did. Which is one of the reasons I kind of stopped caring about getting on that leaderboard. You could be the first achiever right now, but that doesn't mean you were actually the first. And personally, when I was going for first achiever status and even when I was going for fastest achiever status, it hurt the experience for me. I had to look at the trophy lists immediately, and completely cater everything I did in the game to getting them. Instead of just focusing on playing the game and enjoying it. It led to be getting incredibly burnt out on games, and trophy hunting specifically. I really stopped trophy hunting for about a year, and very rarely even played games. Which is one of the reasons I never even look at trophy lists until I beat a game anymore, and don't really pay attention to my speed.

Congrats on the 1st spot though, I know how exciting it can be. Hopefully you hang on to it.

Man I don't blame you, I only really try nowadays for games I really care about, namely Yakuza and a couple of others. Ive felt the burn before though, and especially the feeling when you have so many games but don't want to play anything. 

Only one game. Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary World Tour. I'm around 22nd or 23rd on the list.

I was on the front page for Firewatch, after doing the DLC that was released last October. A few new people signed up and I got further down the list.

In my opinion, not worth it. Speed running is much easier to go after, especially if you played a game on another platform and want to get all the trophies for it as quick as possible on the Playstation consoles.

I always wonder if those first to achieve a platinum enjoyed the game they just played.
Some of them require to sit for 24 hours grinding something and skipping all text/scenes. Not remasters or re-releases, but new games.

It's kinda sad.

Sure, I have some trophies in the first 50 achievers. But I'm not a journalist, I do not receive codes to do reviews before the release date, I don't get games from some retailer before the release date either. I only bought a game they day it came out, downloaded to my console and started playing quite a while because I liked it and I had waited a long time eager to play it.

Then it disappointed me, but that's another story, kek.

Well I only got a few of those where I was in the "first page" of the first achievers leaderboards... I still might get kicked out from them but I'm like in the bottom 40s in most of them

Caladrius Blaze #45

Deception IV: Blood Ties #48

Mamorukun Cruse! #47

And here's a couple of games I got in to the top 10 first achievers but I don't care much about them unlike the mentioned games above

Binaries #8

Castles #7

But yeah, it is tough getting in those leaderboards. Especially for AAA games or popular games. So good luck and have fun getting first in some games :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Katt said:

I always wonder if those first to achieve a platinum enjoyed the game they just played.
Some of them require to sit for 24 hours grinding something and skipping all text/scenes. Not remasters or re-releases, but new games.

It's kinda sad.

Sure, I have some trophies in the first 50 achievers. But I'm not a journalist, I do not receive codes to do reviews before the release date, I don't get games from some retailer before the release date either. I only bought a game they day it came out, downloaded to my console and started playing quite a while because I liked it and I had waited a long time eager to play it.

In my case, I wasn't even going for number one. I was just enjoying the game so much I couldn't put it down. 

As far as the reply asking about enjoying such games...? For me, absolutely! Part of that, and 99.9999999% of the reason for my first ever Here They Lie (it was at 0.0 even on PSN), stems from my niche of choice: Horror and Survival Horror. 

In such titles. you aren't merely screwed by advanced copies or blokes who sit around 24/7. Thereabouts, it is far more a mark of accomplishment, because the only clock you race against is more skill/mentally challenged based; one races against being the best at finding collectibles that there are *no*guides for - having the innate ability to track down every hardcore hidden collectible needed for a trophy. 

Thusly, it makes my perspective toward my own first first 100% something completely different -a mark of skill, not one of mere obsessiveness- on top of a game in my forever favorite genre, and on the first true Survival Horror (I don't count a rail game in Until Dawn's VR launch title) game on a new tech platform I'd anticipated for years on end - PSVR.

On 9/14/2017 at 6:38 PM, Katt said:

It's kinda sad.

On 9/14/2017 at 6:39 PM, Hertz said:

But yeah, it is tough getting in those leaderboards. Especially for AAA games or popular games. So good luck and have fun getting first in some games :) 

Brian (PS4Trophies on Youtube) gets his games early, ahead of most people. A number of bigger Youtubers are offered early releases when most of us have to wait until the release day. He was the first guy to get the platinum in Assassins Creed Syndicate. He got it well ahead of the guy at #2.

Powerpyx is another Youtuber who is very much like Brian, only his videos don't have commentary. He is in the top 10 in a fair amount of AAA games, and very recently was the first to get the platinum in Knack 2.

I honestly don't think it's worth it getting on those leaderboards. You have to get those AAA games early, and I can imagine that would be pretty difficult if you aren't a popular Youtuber or you know someone within a company who is just willing to sell you a game early, even though they are not supposed to sell games early until the specified release date.

I was the first to 100% Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham City. On PS4 it only has 12,076 game owners on PSNP, but on PS3 it has nearly 500,000 game owners, so I'm surprised more people didn't pursue the 100%. I'm first place for most of the DLC trophies on the game too hahaha, but I was the 2nd platinum achiever since a guy got the game 2 weeks early. I'm in the top 50 for a bunch of games and can't be bothered seeing which ones. I think being a fastest achiever is more important than first achiever, first achievers are often whoever got the game earlier. 

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/5415-batman-return-to-arkham-arkham-city

On 9/17/2017 at 7:28 PM, Sergen said:

I was the first to 100% Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham City. On PS4 it only has 12,076 game owners on PSNP, but on PS3 it has nearly 500,000 game owners, so I'm surprised more people didn't pursue the 100%. I'm first place for most of the DLC trophies on the game too hahaha, but I was the 2nd platinum achiever since a guy got the game 2 weeks early. I'm in the top 50 for a bunch of games and can't be bothered seeing which ones. I think being a fastest achiever is more important than first achiever, first achievers are often whoever got the game earlier. 

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/5415-batman-return-to-arkham-arkham-city

I assume both Asylum and City on the PS4 are very much the same as the original PS3/360/PC versions, only slightly better graphics and maybe higher frame rate.

Great job on that 100 percent. I've been meaning to get back into City since I 100 percented Arkham Knight. I'm a little worried about the campaign challenges. Predator challenges become really easy for me once I try a few strategies, plus there's always the occasional Youtube video. Combat challenges on the other hand require actual skill. Definitely rewarding when you pull them off.

The Harley DLC is pretty easy from what I heard so that shouldn't be a problem. I guess the main issue for me is doing the maps and challenges THREE MORE TIMES as Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing. Catwoman is probably the most difficult to master since her arsenal isn't quite like the others and she cannot take as many hits before going down.