Dragon’s Crown Pro for PS4 announcement leaked.

Vergil

The Niconico page for Atlus’ Tokyo Game Show 2017 live stream on September 24, the contents of which are yet to be announced, features a banner to pre-order the limited edition of an unannounced PlayStation 4 version of Dragon’s Crown called Dragon’s Crown Pro.

Clicking the banner brings you to the Dragon’s Crown official website, which currently does not mention the PlayStation 4 version.

It is likely the PlayStation 4 version was planned to be announced in the lead up to or at Tokyo Game Show 2017, which runs from September 21 to 24.

Dragon’s Crown first launched for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in summer 2013.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/09/dragons-crown-pro-ps4-announcement-leaked#wDfImQuWzF3yt91V.99

• Like 3

I loved the game but the fact that the game didn't have mic support really killed my enjoyment of it. Who makes a co op loot game without mic support? Lol. This version will fix that with party chat I guess.

Hopefully they give it some more post launch support too. The post launch support was pretty lackluster compared to other loot based games.

All in all, I'm on the fence about this. I bought the original at full price and don't feel like I got my $ worth. This one might be different... I hope lol.

Ironically, I was thinking of picking up this game again recently to try and get the platinum which I gave up on a few years ago. Like LA Noire, I can't say this is a port I at all care for. My current copies of the games are still fine, and I don't feel any need to re-buy them any time soon. I will admit, it feels like one too many games are getting ported this generation, but at the same time, I do like games being available on as many platforms as possible.

I think I'd only consider a re-purchase of Dragon's Crown if there's any significant changes, or a trophy list overhaul.

<yawn> Yet another mediocre port to the PS4. 

Honestly, Vanillaware (an apt development name if I've ever heard one), would it be THAT hard to create a new Dragon's Crown? It's not like you don't just repeat the same 10 stages ad nauseum.

13 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I will admit, it feels like one too many games are getting ported this generation

I decided to do a quick glance of the threads on the "Unreleased Game" forum. Within the first 7, the games are Bayonetta, Vanquish, LA Noire, Dragon's Crown, Dragon's Dogma, Okami, Trails of Cold Steel I and Trails of Cold Steel II.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 minute ago, darkangel-play said:

Im going to buy this, Im a huge Vanillaware's fan, I love their games. I hope that someday they will remaster Muramasa rebirth too, that is my favourite title. If you loved Dragon's crown and/or Odin sphere then you MUST try it with all its dlcs. One of my favourite game of all time hands down.

I just saw this title in Archon's status. You say it's from Vanillaware?

You just saved me from making another horrible mistake, so thanks!

Dragon's Crown Pro has been confirmed for January 25. You can play online with the PS3 and Vita versions as well as the PS4 version. No word if it's coming to the west yet, but considering the original did, I would be surprised if it didn't.

http://www.dualshockers.com/dragons-crown-pro-ps44/

Edited by Chansey