Witcher 3: gwent - high stakes.

Blackmist_FFXI

So ive tryed. And tryed again to beat the second challanger and even with ending finnal round with a power of 145-170.

I just cant win.  Ive only 2 spy cards. And 2 decoys. Feels like my oppnent has 5 decoys at all time and a full deck of spys

Even when i had 9 cards and them with only 7. They stole one of my cards ( spy) then flipd the tables. Pulling cards that resurrected seemingly half there graveyard. - then hit me with scorch. And presto defeated.

Anyway to cheese this fight. Or is it all luck... Need to win the dam duels for the card collector ?

If you only have two spy cards you might want to go out and get more. Do you still have opponents you need to defeat outside of the tournament? If so you should do those and save that tourney for last since you will need all the cards you can get. And then possibly check out all the locations of the vendors that sell cards.

http://gwent-cards.com/all-gwent-players/

When it comes to the tournament itself you can just save scum it. I wouldn't say it's luck but the opponents do seem to get the upper hand pretty easily. It does take a bit of patience but it's doable.

There some tricks you can use during the play.

You can boost spies at your side by commander's horn, even after opponent uses scorch, then just resurrect this spy by healer for yourself.

I haven't ever used decoy or a scorch, but the second easily to avoid by playing low cards until the end. For the decoy spamming use tactic above.

Finally it's better to track opponent habits, most of the time their biggest mistake, they give up first round and starting to spamming spies cards at the second, where you practically just have to make your score enough big, for them spent all the benefit to fight their own, but boosted by you spy cards.

Nilfgaard deck is pretty strong at the point before first travel to Skellige.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

yeah I've Collected most the cards already, im also under the impression, (Per-stated in the Rules by the NPC hosting the event, That if you are to leave the Area, your Disqualified)
I Have A healthy amount of Hard hitting cards, and cards that group together, like the dragon riders, times 3. For the nearly 30  Attack bonus (+ war horn to get to 60) - 

I might have an Auto save Before the 1st match , unsure, - Guess I could run out an go to Sakall or w.e The island is called, As thats were the last cards I need are (acording to the guide i'm using)