MysticjMax's Magical Platinum Cabinet

MysticjMax

Having gone through five trophy accounts, I have decided to finally settle on an account that I am comfortable with. Due to the Dark Lord O.C.D., I am unable to continue on my last account so this is my sixth account. Okay, before you hit the back button, let me say that while I cannot guarantee I will stick with this, this account is much easier for me because I set my own rules and have found methods to keep it from being stressful. Already it's nearing 25 platinums so I am doing well for myself.

My favorite games: RPGs and collect-a-thons.

My least favorite games: Anything with tons of multiplayer trophies as I am still new to boosting. Genres I like the least are horror, FPS and sports games.

I see a lot of LEGO titles... Call me a Champion of the Unappreciated Games. ^_^ I love these games because they are easy to get into and complete but that won't mean I won't take a week long challenge. ;)

Right now I'll provide a list but I will put up a decent game analysis in my next post. Most of the games so far are for the PS4 as I do not plan to unsync my Vita to my old account for a while, or until I can make a decent list of games that I can repurchase on the PSN store. The only exception is LEGO Batman 2 as I platinumed it while doing the free trial of PS Now.

My Goals:

1. Stay away from community events that last less than a year. I may platinum games for the Weeblympics but that's because it will last for two years and you only get medals for how many games you platinum, not for a list. I am never participating in any more Platinum Rain Days or Backlog challenges(since I don't intend to have a backlog); Kill Your Completion is right out.
  2. Do not start any threads in the forums that I have no intention of keeping up with. While I enjoyed creating the Heartless Hunters, the thread died because I wasn't able to platinum any games in the series myself and as such became a hypocrite. :P
  3. Get to 50 platinums by the end of 2017.
  4. Get to 100 platinums by the end of the Solar Eclipse of 2024.
  5. Keep my completion % as close to 100% as possible. That means I won't start a new game without finishing another unless I know I can finish them both without too much trouble. Thus I won't work on more than one game at a time. If I have to play another game, I have five dead accounts I could practice on.
  6. Enjoy my games!

My Platinum Trophies:

1S1ecfc3.png1S54b496.png1S740aa6.png1S87d7ef.png1S79bb83.png1Sf970b5.png1Sccd8f0.png1Sfed48b.png1S9fc47a.png1Sb988ab.png1S3148b6.png1Sfa2ab6.png1Se932ac.png3S74d2e7.png1S6a081a.png

1S88dc1a.png1S5e9a48.png1Sc06160.png1S140d5b.png1Sd59a01.png1S911b64.png1Sbc50c9.png1Sbae112.png1S48153b.png1Sf39322.png1S7c69a4.png1Sd358dc.png1S12f478.png

Edited by MysticjMax

banner.png

Platinums #1 - 10

1S1ecfc3.png1S54b496.png1S740aa6.png1S87d7ef.png1S79bb83.png1Sf970b5.png1Sccd8f0.png1Sfed48b.png1S9fc47a.png1Sb988ab.png

Spoiler

Lc0ac55.png
#1: Nubla
Platininum
Earned August 8, 2017

I choose the platinum which almost everyone who owns an account has earned but I don't hate it. It's a cheap puzzle game but it was originally a university school project so it wasn't supposed to be complex. The fact that almost everyone has this platinum shows how popular the game is even if it's just a source of cheap trophies. There is really no difficulty in this, the puzzles are hand-holdy easy, and the only thing interesting is the story about the paintings being restored in the museum because an elephant god created a world and now it needs to be restored by a human.

L3563f1.png
#2: My Name Is Mayo (PS4 version)

My Name Is Mayo!

Earned August 8, 2017

I booted up this game almost instantly after platinuming Nubla and it popped 31 and a half minutes after launch. I agree with those who think this is an abomination meant for brain-dead zombies because all you do to play the game is hit a button to make the mayo jar shake 10000 times and also make sure to dress it up to unlock new trophies. There are several 'stories' but that's stretching it. There is also a bit of PG-13 rated nudity but nothing too erotic. All in all, this is the fastest and easiest platinum I will ever earn. With this as the lowest-common denominator, everything is going to be more difficult by comparison. I decided to knock out these two first. (I wouldn't have bought it at all if I had been weak to resist during a dry $ period and it being a dollar to buy. I think the Green Lava creators wanted to be the bottom rung in platinum trophy entertainment. They also has a game called Mr. Massagy but damn be if I ever play that, as it's a dating sim and I hate those because I get really bad with girls.)

L6a0f86.png

#3: Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

Agent 47

Earned August 8, 2017

Yes, I got my first three platinums on the first day. :P

I do not care about the Hitman series but this game is really easy to platinum with a guide, which I was sane enough to use. That means I would make a lousy assassin. xD Other than a few miscellaneous trophies, the puzzles are all easy with a guide and you can do them without hints and get the Silent Killer trophy easily. There are several levels and two bonus levels based on the Hitman games.

L65af9f.png
#4: Lara Croft GO

A true adventurer

Earned August 9, 2017

I have never played Hitman and knew from a glance that I would hate the series. I have never played Tomb Raider games but I love Lara Croft(and not because she is sexy, mind you ;)) and might have played her games. This game is easier than Hitman GO because it has fewer levels and you can use the hints to solve every puzzle. The only missables are the treasures which are claimed by brekaing jars which can be hidden well, but a guide should point them out. Again, not too hard.

Ld94a09.png

#5: Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

Platinum

Earned August 9, 2017

Ah, Artifex Mundi titles. One of the Unappreciated. That is a crying shame as this company creates worlds(their motto is "We create worlds") which are beautiful fiction, and some of the games come in series of three. If you enjoyed point-and-click as a kid, you owe it to yourself to play these games; if not a platinum, at least the original PC versions. There are hidden object puzzles which you have to solve along with other puzzles and interacting with objects to put them together to advance, which is the norm for these titles. Some of the titles have alternate mini-games you can play instead of doing the hidden object puzzles.

This game came out late July and was a big hit. I chose this game as the first Artifex Mundi title because unlike its brethren, it has no bonus chapter. Most titles in the company name are adventures which have a short side story afterwards that is unlocked after completing the main tale. This game doesn't have one which is odd. In the game you play an alchemist's apprentice, a beauty... oh yes, another common thread in these titles; you play as a young woman in each of these games, which is another feather in my cap as I am very fond of(not lust after) female main characters. ^_^

Anyways, the king of your home kingdom has gone mad with rules and arresting anyone with his iron golems and suddenly a mystery drops on your footsteps and you have to use your alchemic skills(which are basically collecting two ingredients and then solving a puzzle to make the formula you need for a future puzzle like an EMP bomb to short out an iron golem) to find out what's going on and uncover a conspiracy involving a strange thief that breaks into your house. A great first title for anyone, but if you want something else, try...

L56df81.png
#6: Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

Platinum

Earned August 9, 2017

Having played this game three times before, the puzzle came easily to me. This is the first Artifex Mundi game I platinumed in any account and what got me interested in the company. It's also what a lot of people who want to try the series out reach for first as the puzzles are pretty simple and there are actually more guides to this game than any other title. A nice guy called Tom had a video guide to walk me through but I didn't really need it.

Set in a steampunk universe in the 1800's, you play as the niece of an inventor who is investigating earthquakes and he gets kidnapped by a giant robot. This is really an easy game to get into. :D

L588008.png
#7: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek

Platinum

Earned August 9, 2017

You may notice another common thread here in Artifex Mundi titles - they are too lazy to give the platinum trophy any decent name, just the bog standard name. Other companies are guilty of this too, though.

I love the Enigmatis series - you play as a female detective investigating mysterious disappearances in a small town called Maple Creek only to uncover demonic rituals and dark magic. You have the cliched amnesia but you get over it as you collect clues to the mystery of the town. This series uses a "wall of evidence" where you can pin up items you have collected to figure out the mystery. A really creepy and fun game and, a bonus, none of the regular trophies are anything but GOOOOOLD, as Brian of HappyThumbsGaming would say. xD So it's a big boost to your gamer score.

Lfff13e.png
#8: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
Our Journey Ends

Earned August 10, 2017

Having gotten four platinums the day before, I was starting to slow down a bit. This game is the first of a few walking sims that I would peruse and while it was boring gameplay wise, the whole story behind it is told by text. Get out the tissues, because the story gets blubbery. :(

The only gripe I have is one trophy called Gnocchi Thursday, which forces you to either hack your PS4 to read a Thursday or play on a Thursday. I did the latter as I earn every trophy legit. Use a guide for the puzzles and you should be fine. Tom's guides really helped me a lot here.

L83b335.png
#9: Eventide: Slavic Fable

Platinum

Earned August 10, 2017

I feel like complaining to Artifex Mundi about changing their policy about the platinum trophy names, I feel like it doesn't describe a job well done. But the story involving faery folk in Slavic folklore and how you have to work with them to stop a plot to use your grandmother's herbalism knowledge for evil is just amazing. Right away the villain reveals himself and you learn the plan. There are a couple of collectibles(flowers and cards) but if you use a guide it shouldn't be too troublesome. With Eventide 2 coming out later this month, I am hoping for more lore into mythical beasts.

L63a90d.png
Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

Platinum

Earned August 10, 2017

And the first ten ends with the sequel to the first Enigmatis playing as the same character a year later. I really enjoyed the demon raven you have to deal with. Unlike the Moth in Eventide, this creature is a looming threat and you reunite with an old rival and an old enemy to learn about the satanic cult which is connected to the first game and why an innocent family was kidnapped using the wall of evidence.

If you play on Expert(and you shall if you want the platinum), then mashing the buttons will stun you with a short cutscene. The one for this game is my most hated scene because the demon raven's face shows up in full screen. It's really scary but fitting. Still, not too tough. :)

Edited by MysticjMax

hqdefault.jpg

Platinums #11 - 20

1S3148b6.png1Sfa2ab6.png1Se932ac.png1S58a39e.png1S6a081a.png1S88dc1a.png1S5e9a48.png1Sc06160.png1S140d5b.png1Sd59a01.png

Spoiler

L757a87.png
#11 - Dark Arcana: The Carnival
Platinum
Earned August 11, 2017

Yeeeeeah, I have a feeling that Artifex Mundi was unable to come up with something really cool for each platinum for their games on PS4. ?

Anyways, this is an interesting game - you play as a detective again(female, of course) and have to investigate a kid's mother who mysteriously vanished in the circus act that was being run by a mysterious knife-thrower who lost his wife years ago when he suddenly got butterfingers. You end up exploring a twisted mirror dimension being inhabited by said knife-thrower. Things get real bad real quick.

I love the circus theme and the matching card game you can play in exchange for solving hidden object puzzles.

L42fe09.png
#12 - Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Platinum

Earned August 12, 2017

This game was not swift due to some nasty glitch which made it impossible to get a certain trophy. It was my black sheep and took almost a day to platinum because I had to do four playthroughs.

Even so, the story of a girl whose sister's upcoming wedding was interrupted by her being kidnapped by a giant brown bear is pretty nifty. The entire Grim Legends series takes place in a medieval setting. In games like Clockwork Tales, you get a small helper which grabs stuff you cannot get, and in this game it's a cute little kitty you rescue! (It's actually owned by someone but they let you borrow him for the game.) Despite some of the puzzles being bull****, this game is really fun.

L20f35a.png
#13 - Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Platinum

August 12, 2017

With The Forsaken Bride taking so long, I only platinumed two games on the 11th, but these games are technically quick to platinum. The only thing that prevents me from filling my entire cabinet is the fact that Artifex Mundi has decided to port only one title per month and they usually get released after the 20th of each month. Even so, the earlier titles they ported are pretty nifty, especially with PIRATES!

You play a museum curator who lives in the Caribbean and is interested in ancient pirate lore, and while your daughter is visiting you, she gets kidnapped by the zombie of a pirate's corpse you get for a pirate exhibit. This is the first of a series exploring the lore behind Davey Jones. I won't spoil it here because it's the ultimate enemy you fight in the third title in this series, which hopefully gets ported in 2018. Cross your fingers! :D

Lb1c0d5.png
#14 - Nightmares From The Deep 2: The Siren's Call
Platinum

Earned August 12, 2017

The second title in the NftD trilogy involving an island of fish people who have kidnapped a mermaid. (I refuse to call her a siren as Greek Myth clearly says sirens are half-bird. :P) The game is pretty straight-forward, but I will spoil this much: The bonus chapter of this game involves you exploring an underground cave and recovering a book which contains all of the secrets about Davey Jones, the entity who gave powers to the antagonists of this game and the prequel, and the third game will involve you matching wits with this guy.

Another thing to note: In this series(so far), you find a strange gremlin cuddling a small treasure chest which has 12 slots in the lid. You have to find tokens hidden around the game and give them to the gremlin, who fits the tokens in the slots and tells the story behind the antagonist. You have to get all of these tokens because one all the tokens are placed, the gremlin opens the chest and inside is the MacGuffin you need to beat the game. This is a really nice touch and make the entire game a treasure hunt for these tokens. You can skip the cutscenes(this is a feature in all Artifex Mundi titles - skipping all cutscenes by holding a button down - which is why these games are easier to replay) but you should see this set of cutscenes at least once when you play these games.

Ldf8263.png
#15: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
This Pattern is Mine

Earned August 13, 2017

This game was a platinum in my last account and the account before because it is easy to relax to it, but expect to be bored out of your gourd because the fact of the matter is this: It's a walking simulator and you cannot speed up your movement. (There were rumors but they are lies.) Not only that, you have to do two playthroughs because one trophy requires you to hit one set of collectibles without doing anything else.

Still, I wouldn't give this up for the world. The story you uncover by getting every collectible which has dialogue in it is just amazing and exploring a ghost town which was wiped of people for mysterious reasons and uncovering the culprit is very esoteric. The light shows and sudden shifts in time are very supernatural, so it's pretty cool.

Lcf00e8.png
#16 - LEGO The Hobbit (PS4)

The Road Goes Ever On

Earned August 18, 2017

So that was all of the easy games so far, so now the gaps between games increases since I now being with the LEGO games. These games are also Unappreciated because all you need to do is get 100% of the collectibles. However, unlike Artifex Mundi trophies, LEGO trophies are not willing to give you their platinums as easily and their own treasure hunts are time consuming even for the quickest of the titles. Also, most of the LEGO titles I have are either rentals from GameFly or purchased for the cheap on PSN's digital store.

LEGO The Hobbit is the latter. I have platinumed LEGO Lord of the Rings on the PS3 and Vita but I am more of a fan of The Hobbit, having read it as a child. It is a shame LEGO follows the movie tie-ins and unfortunately they did not get the rights to the third if the Hobbit trilogy because it leaves the story unfinished. :( Still, it's not too hard to deal with.

To help you understand the gist behind the games, I give you my quick and easy guide to platinuming every LEGO game ever:

1. Play through Story Mode using the characters given to you and solve the puzzles
  2. Play through Free Play Mode that is unlocked after you complete Story Mode and use new characters to get 100% in each level
  3. Get the remaining stuff in the overworld and get 100%
  4. Finish all the miscellaneous trophies. You get the platinum.

I know that is horribly simple but LEGO games are based off a children's toy, which is why these games get so much hate. I think it is a great way to introduce kids and adult to fictional franchises that you'd turn your nose up at. But I am on a soapbox here so I'll leave it at that.

The loot system was interesting but poorly implemented and introduced unnecessary grinding. Finding blueprints to forge items to show people to get red bricks is a more complex version of the "red bricks in story levels" mechanic other games in the LEGO franchise implemented and it fits the way of Middle Earth. All in all, a great rendition of JRR Tolkein's work.

I promise the next summaries will be summaries and not as long as this. xD

Lcf80ce.png
#17 - LEGO City Undercover (PS4)
Cop-letionist
August 22nd, 2017

One funny thing - this took a week because I was working on it on two accounts. This sort of thing has made me decide NEVER AGAIN and was the first nail in the coffin that was my 5th account. *sigh*

Story-wise, this is a great game. LEGO City is an OP and the whole "cop f***s up a case, exposes a witness and has to go into exile for a few years, but is called back into action when his own criminal archnemesis returns" is cliche but really done well. I used to think cop stories were boring but recent events (aka reading murder mysteries) has changed my thoughts about them. The Police are a very noble organization and we owe them our lives to protect them from terrible terrible people. I loved the goofy cop who is too stupid to live xD and the slightly ugly female police supplier who talks like a country girl. The story takes a shocking twist and there are interlude missions between story levels involving the overworld that can be frustrating at times but are still fun.

However, this game is VERY time-consuming due to the fact that there are either missions or collectibles based one of seven "disguises" that Chase McCain, the hero, obtains - Police, Criminal, and even stuff like Farmer and Astronaut. This means that you have 200 things you need to collect through the city(none of these are in the story levels), not including secret stuff. The overworld is one the biggest I've seen in a LEGO game so you can expect that it takes a long time to get 100% in this game, and you can't even get some of the collectibles until you get a character token that lets you yank open stuff with orange handles. This ability was a given in some of the other titles, but in this game, you cannot get this ability until you buy a character which you collect in the final level. Overall, a warning: If you want to platinum this, you have to dedicate your life to it because it will take a long time regardless. I enjoyed this game but platinuming it again? No thank you.

L9affe7.pngL607d19.png

#18 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
True Wizard
Earned August 27, 2017

#19 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7

10 Points to Gryffindor

Earned August 30, 2017

After the grindfest that was LEGO City Undercover, I took a break and earned some trophies on my old account before I came back to this one with a series I really enjoyed. I enjoy J.K. Rowling's works and have even repurchased the first two Harry Potter books in paperback. I have seen all of the movies and read all of the books beforehand, so the games have a special place for me. I have platinumed the PS3 version on my third account but experience has told me that any LEGO PS3 game is a horrible inferior product. I hate to be a wet blanket but it is fact, there are tons of game-ending glitches and bugs. I did plat a LEGO PS3 game next but only because I wanted to be consistent. More on that later.

While I do not really think the final battle between Harry and Voldemort did the books justice, I respect WB's decisions to make it more epic.

These two games are actually part of a digital collection that came out a year ago. It's a pure remake, nothing was changed. I would have liked voice acting but I am not bitter about it, the games are okay as is.

L7de17a.png
#20 - LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (PS3)
Complete Hero
Earned September 2, 2017

I had wanted to get 20 platinums before August ended but LEGO City Undercover shut that down really fast! "But Mystic Max, you do not have a PS3, how did you even PLAY this?" I streamed it off of PS Now using the 7-day free trial. I may use PS Now for other games but seven days is easily enough for this game (unless you are lazy and put off the game for days xD) so it's okay.

While I did watch many episodes of the 1966 Batman show on Nick at Nite when I was a kid and read a few comic strips in the Sunday Funnies, I wasn't really a fan of The Dark Knight. I did know the lore and all that but I didn't watch any of the Batman movies except in retrospect because everything was really cheesy.

What got me into Batman and Superman was actually LEGO Batman 3. When I got my PS4 it was in a bundle with two games, LEGO Batman 3 and LittleBigPlanet 3. I lost the code to LBP3 so this was the only game i had for the PS4 at first and I just played it. I had not really cared much for LEGO Batman 2 when it came out years ago but LEGO Batman 3's cinematics pulled me in and I got hooked on the DC Universe fast. ^_^

I decided to be consistent and started playing LEGO Batman 2(which I had rented when I still had a PS3 - I regret selling mine today :() and it was a decent title. I wasn't fond of the bad lighting in the overworld, but it was Gotham City so it was to be expected that it would be nighttime all the time. The flying races were frustrating because I wasn't used to flying controls yet. All in all, though, this is a great game if you like Batman and the main stories in the LEGO Batman games are original and not based off any movies.

Edited by MysticjMax

I have done the same thing; started a new account after like 4 other ones to try and keep a 100% completion rate. It's been since February, and I am failing miserably. I get bored and say to myself "oh I can start and finish a new game and come back to what I was working on no problem." But then work happens. Or school. Or you have a friend who really wants you to play GTA V with them. And it all falls apart. Now don't get me wrong I still have OCD about the games I'm currently playing, but now I realize it's not as threatening to start a new game if it's something I would rather play instead of what I got going on. Anyways good luck! I hope you still have fun chasing your goals; don't let it become a job or chore. Gaming is supposed to be fun first.

(Currently in progress)

here-s-how-to-catch-pikachus-before-they

Platinums #21-30

1S911b64.png1Sbc50c9.png1Sbae112.png1S48153b.png1Sf39322.png1S7c69a4.png1Sd358dc.png1S12f478.png1Sc693e4.png1S4aaccb.png

Spoiler

Lbf06cf.png

#21 - Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan
Platinum
Earned September 3, 2017

Yep, another Artifex Mundi title. Get used to see this opening every month. ;)

The sequel to Forsaken Bride, this game sees you as a healer who is trying to find out why the king's wife is mute... and ends up embroiled in a conspiracy to extend the power of a curse placed on a lost kingdom! This game is really cool because you get three helpers during the story (and one returns at the end) and each has their own abilities which fit the

The swan motif in the game is based off a VERY old fairy tale about seven brothers who were cursed to become swans. I recall the tale from my youth because I am a big fan of folk tales and mythology from ancient times like Greece and Egypt. I don't want to sound like a wet blanket but if you take time from gaming to go to a library to read a few books on myth and legends, you will find stuff that is really cool. :D

Lccf7c9.png

This LEGO game I came in with experience - unlike The Hobbit, I have seen one of the Jurassic Park series, having been 'forced' to go on an outing to the theater to see Jurassic World. I was worried I'd be grossed out by the gore but Jurassic World keeps the gore reasonable, considering it's about a giant T-Rex hybrid created in a lab. (However I don't think the actual Indominus Rex was white, they probably just added that part to make the LEGO version special. ;)) I really enjoyed the movie and while the LEGO version isn't as cool it is decent. They did keep the scene where... well, I won't spoil anything but it involves Zara.

The fact that this game doesn't just rehash Jurassic World the movie, it rehashs the entire SERIES from Jurassic Park shows that LEGO is not going to leave you confused and in the lurch. I actually experienced the Jurassic Park movies through this game and it was fun. Of course, being LEGO, some of the gorier scenes were replaced with funny scenes. However, they do keep dino poop. After all, I'm sure there are parts in the movies where characters have to dig their hands in disgusting fecal matter excreted by creatures which should technically be extinct.

Claire Darling: I'll leave checking that up to you.

Gray Owen: Oh come on, it's just...

Claire Darling: I know what it is. Thank you.

This is also a time-consuming platinum earn; you have four large hubs based on Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna from the movies. Beware, it is possible to miss a gold brick or two as the markers showing collectibles aren't really accurate. Still, a fun game!

L263c20.png

#23 - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4)
World's Finest
September 13, 2017

This game and the next one were on the fence because I am O.C.D., as I probably mentioned in my opening post, and these games have trophies based on several DLC levels. Luckily I got a ton of money and spent half of it on LEGO Jurassic World, LEGO Batman 3's Deluxe Pack(which has all the DLC content for free) and the next game(which also has a Deluxe Pack that has all of the DLC content for free).

This game was the first game I played for PS4 because, as I said in my last post, it was in the PS4 bundle I bought and the other game's digital code was lost and forgotten. I enjoyed the story and exploring the Lantern Corp home planets, and Daffy Du--- I mean, the Green Loontern was also pretty cool. (Yes, they have a Bugs Bunny character cosplaying as a super hero since DC is owned by Warner Brothers.)

L5508b1.png

#24 - LEGO Marvel's Avengers (PS4)
Peace in our Time

Earned September 16, 2017

Like LEGO Jurassic World, I have movie experience. On another 'forced' outing which happened when I was in a program, I went to see MARVEL Avengers: Age of Ultron. I had learned about Ultron from a Youtube video detailing his comic presence in an alternate reality where Ant Man created this monster and he took over the world. However, I understand why MARVEL's film branch decided to go with Tony Stark(aka Iron Man) making this monster in the movies - Tony Stark is a modern inventor and created a ton of Iron Man suits and an army of robots so it would make sense. It also introduced me to the Scarlet Witch, my current crush-desu. ^_^

Now I am not as big a Marvel Fan but I have more movie experience with Marvel than DC due to my forced outings when I was in mental programs so I saw the Thor movie(so I am experienced in the Odinson of Asgard and his wicked brother Loki; as I said before, I am big on ancient myths and have great experience in actual Norse mythology, so I knew who most of these guys were) as well as X-Men Origins detailing Magneto's origins.

I have also platinumed LEGO Marvel Superheroes on both PS3 and PS4 on another account and enjoyed it(despite the flight controls stinking to high heaven) so this has a special place for me. The hubs were fun and some of the quests(like the flashbacks with Agent Carter) were really nice. Still, it took forever to platinum because I missed an obvious character token. I don't hate the game though.

L4883fc.png
#25: Dragon Quest Builders

Perfectionist
Earned September 20, 2017

I am a big fan of Dragon Quest. I've played through every main series title and emulated what wasn't out in the old USA(Dragon Quest V and Dragon Quest VI, mainly), and accepted the tough challenges and many deaths. Even though I have no love for DragonBALL, Dragon QUEST is the other fiction of the great weird artist Akira Toriyama I love to death. Forget about Superman vs. Goku! Put Superman vs. any of the final bosses in Dragon Quest for a REAL fight! ^_^

I had thought Square-Enix would go back to Nintendo after they put Dragon Quest IX on the NDS, but they have not forgotten their Playstation fans. However, the first Dragon Quest title on PS4 being a sort of Terraria clone was a bit of a surprise. Like many games of weird mechanics, I was put off and reluctant to play it until money choices made me choose it for the Vita... and it was very fun! The PS4 version isn't too bad either, but the trophy list is shared so it's impossible to double up on platinums, which I would have totally done, as this game is fun to replay. I had another game in mind at first, but after GameFly shipped this when someone glitched up the Q and failed to send an earlier game, I knew this had to be my 25th platinum, no questions asked!

Exploring an alternate history of the original Dragon Quest(I didn't play Dragon Warrior first, I played Dragon Warrior IV first, and yes, the English version were dubbed Dragon Warrior due to copyright claims back in the day with some now bankrupt board game company), this game is basically building up a town and protecting it from monsters(which I did very poorly on two parts due to the massive damage the foes did). If you are a Dragon Quest fan, look up this video playlist and follow it to save yourself the headache of the speed run challenges. You owe it to yourself to check this game out, especially since its sequel was announced recently. Can't wait to play that and earn its platinum! :D

L6df61f.png
#26: Her Majesty's SPIFFING
The Crown Jewels

Earned September 21, 2017

So we're back to figurative prostitution again with cheap games. xD

Don't worry about me, I get to hear the lovely British voice of StayPationt as he helps me through this short point-and-click adventure involving stereotypical European characters exploring outer space. Kudos to the guys at BillyGoat Games for making such a slapstick comedy.

L21c1d7.png

#27: The Little Acre
The Little Acre
Earned September 21, 2017

I've played this a few times. It's a short-lived point-and-click and the art style makes it seem like a Disney animated film from the sixties, very cute. ^_^

There are a couple of time-sensitive trophies which could require multiple reloads but thanks to StayPationt and his guide, I was able to get through it a fourth time, and hopefully last. I don't hate the game but it was a bit boring at times.

Lb8753b.png

#28: Deponia
Deponia unlocked!
Earned September 22, 2017

A point-and-click in the same art style as later Monkey Island games. Named after the German word for landfill, this game definitely fits the title - it's set in a world where the poor live in slum cities and the rich live in floating utopias. You play as Rufus, a guy who is trying to graduate to the utopia Elysium and get out of his current dystopic lifestyle. It's the port of a three-part computer game series by Daedalic Entertainment, a German game company.

Considering that the original game had to be translated from German, this was a decent game. Do I like having to play it a second time? Not truly, but StayPationt's voice helped me get through it in his guide. Point-and-clicks are not that hard to get through. If Daedalic had released the rights to Sony to port the other two games to complete the story, I would have liked this better. As is, the story is incomplete, like LEGO The Hobbit. :(

L1fd8a9.png
(29) The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Master of Unwritten Tales

Earned: September 24, 2017

This game has the inverse problem of Deponia. Another point-and-click created by another German company, King Arts Games, this game is a sequel, and since the original wasn't ported to Playstation, we get a game that starts telling a story and references stuff from the first game which confuses the heck out of you unless you played the original on computer.

Munkus: "Do you remember who I am?"
Wilbur: "Uh... no, never saw you in my life even though I did fight you in the last title." :P

Regardless, the game is a bit lengthy and there are some missable trophies, but once again I had StayPationt to help me out. (Don't worry, he put his Youtube channel on ice and is now a casual gamer due to real life issues so he has stopped making guides.) There is a bit of salty language, though, so despite the art style it's NSFK. (No F-bombs, though, the profanities are mainly used on a joke told in-game.)

L800d7e.png
(30) Ratchet and Clank
The Hero of Heroes

Earned: September 25, 2017

So with that out of the way, I could relax and make my landmark 30th plat something relevant, something skillful, something... oh wait, it's just Ratchet and Clank's easiest game ever. xD

All aside, the hoverboard time trophies are really annoying. Even though I have platted the original Ratchet and Clank and I can attest Speedy is the hardest trophy in the game, the time trial for Rilgar here is stil 1 minute, 35 seconds and it will take lots of practice to get the boosts you need and dodge the TNT crates so you don't slow down. But I eventually got it. Surprisingly, the Kalebo race was the harder of the two because I kept missing the shortcut gates or falling off the rail. :P

The reason the games I got plats in after Dragon Quest Builders were what they were was because I had them on other accounts and thus didn't have to pay for them. It was a very lean cash month because I bought Miitopia and thus ended up in the red for a fourth month. :(

Edited by MysticjMax

On 9/16/2017 at 0:08 PM, coldsphinx93 said:

I get bored and say to myself "oh I can start and finish a new game and come back to what I was working on no problem." But then work happens. Or school. Or you have a friend who really wants you to play GTA V with them. And it all falls apart.

Anyways good luck! I hope you still have fun chasing your goals; don't let it become a job or chore. Gaming is supposed to be fun first.

Don't worry too much about it. You just have to dedicate a lot of your time to each game. I am sort of "blessed" with no life; I don't have a job and am living off of a Social Security check and the generosity of my parents. My policy is this:

• Do research on a new game and see if you can handle some of the BS trophies.
  • Try it out on your old account and see if it's worth it. That's how I found out Ginger: Beyond the Crystal was a pain in the neck and not worth playing, it has one trophy which requires you to be spot-on with a speed-run of one level and I can't handle speed-runs very well if they aren't generous. So that is why I decided not to play that game on this account.
  • Once the game passed the first two points, dedicate your time to it. You can start another game if you want but the more games you have started, the higher the chance one or more of them will drop to the gutter in the crossfire because you are on another game. The less games you deal with, the easier it is to platinum them. I worked on LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Avengers at the same time but did it by completing the story modes of both games, then went back to LEGO Batman 3 and worked on it until I got the platinum, then switched to LEGO Avengers. I didn't touch Dragon Quest Builders until I got the plats for those two LEGO games.
  • If you have stuff taking you out of the house, always work your game time around it. While I am without a job, I do go to the gym for a couple hours every day and then go grocery shopping right away after that on Mondays, so I plan out when I can play games then. Also, I will be taking courses for a couple of hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I plan out when I can play games. I also have a dentist appointment next week that will extend my time outside so I work around that.
  • You only fail if you let yourself fail. If you have a backlog, go back and see if you can do anything about it. If you can't, move on. Don't let it destroy you.
  • Never act out of boredom. As you said yourself, gaming is supposed to be fun, and if you are just grabbing games for the trophies and find that you dread going back to a game, you need to re-evaluate your goals for that game. I learned the hard way never to let boredom or instinct guide you - thanks to that, I was in debt and had to make provisions to my dad to get my bills and groceries for the rest of the month paid because I spent $50 on a Nintendo e-Shop just to try out Miitopia and never touch it after the first session. :P

Hope that helps a fellow trophy hunter. ^_^

Edited by MysticjMax

• 3 weeks later...

d3608746484d63fd2adc9d968002271f.jpg

Platinums 31-40*

1S452b1e.png

Spoiler

Lcee0f1.png

#31 - Goosebumps The Game
You Can't Scare Me!

Earned: September 24, 2017

In honor of Toogie15's 13 Plats of Halloween event, I decided to platinum this game as my 31st because Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and it's on October 31st. (It is also the date of one of my favorite fictional feline's birthday.) This game was pretty boring and you have to be very careful or you'll end up having to do a ton of playthroughs to get everything. If you love R.L. Stine (and he makes a cameo in this game because they're his books) you will enjoy revisiting the various monsters in some of the books.

La18a87.png

#32 - LEGO MARVEL Superheroes (PS4)
Have you ever tried Shawarma?

Earned: September 30, 2017

Having platinumed LEGO Marvel Avengers, I had to platinum this game but I really hated doing it. I wasn't as bad at the flight races as before but several bugs nearly killed my experience - one quest glitched out a few times and the game crashed when I was in a ground race. I am glad I have banned this game from my other accounts. A shame as the story was fun to go through. :(

Lcc68df.png
#33 - Buff Knight Advanced
King of Kings

Earned: October 4, 2017

This took a week to platinum because the game is a serious grind-fest. You have to collect all 20 artifacts and get them to Level 10, and since the only way you can upgrade them is by collecting them again and collecting them requires defeating a boss or random chance, you'll be doing the same 12 stages a thousand times. Also, you will die. A lot. Because you can only upgrade your character by getting yourself killed. Word of Advice: DO NOT USE THE KNIGHT TO GET THROUGH THIS, USE THE SORCERESS. She will kill enemies before they reach her with her fireball attack.

Leab898.png
#34 - My Name Is Mayo (Vita)
My Name is Mayo!

Earned: October 4, 2017

After an hour of failed sleep after platinumed Buff Knight Advanced, I decided to just get this out of the way. I am not happy that this was my first PS Vita platinum but it was the only one I could afford. :(

Nuff said. Go check out my 2nd platinum for an overview. It's the same here except I hurt my thumb on this game. You do not want to do two button-mashing games in a row.

L3a29d1.png
#35 - Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror
Platinum

Earned: October 5, 2017

You know what? Fine, be unoriginal in your Platinum trophy name. ?

This is the first game in the Artifex Mundi lineup that has you decide whether to be nice or mean to people. It doesn't affect the story but it's a nice touch. Nothing much to say here. I suggest you check out the story, it's really fun. The puzzles are all standard fare but by this time I am old hat at solving the puzzles. ^_^

* Still under construction