Help

Soufwar

I want know how the flagging system works! how to spot cheaters? are game exploits okay to use (for example using the glitches in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to skip major parts of the game in the speedrun to not play the whole game?) is it just hacking trophies or getting save files for auto pops? and how about games like Sound Shapes where you can get a whole trophy list in like 27 seconds? can someone explain all the possible scenarios to get you into trouble and get you flagged? and if game exploits like the one i mentioned are safe or not?

i also want repeat the first question, how to spot cheaters? 

Edited by Soufwar

What Constitutes a Flag

PS4, PS3, & Vita lists can only be reported by registered members on the site, so long as they own the game they're reporting. Once a member reports somebody, the report must be reviewed by a staff member before it even takes effect, the staff member will either mark you clean or approve the flag.

If you're flagged, it does not necessarily mean that you are a cheater, it means that the game you were flagged in has impossible timestamps under normal circumstances achievable within the normal game environment (Including in-game glitches, etc). Below is a list of what can and cannot get you flagged.

Things that are not flaggable:

• In-game glitches/exploits - These are considered mistakes not found or fixed by the developer by the time of the release of the game and due to them being able to be found by accident by anyone, it's not considered cheating. Additionally, deleting update data to use a glitch on a previous version of the game is also allowed and not a flaggable offense. Online glitches and exploits possible in-game are also allowed.
  • Cross-save games - An example is Sound Shapes among other games. One feature within the in-game menus are to import your save file from another console and auto-pop trophies. Since this is accessible to anyone and any gamer can do this on purpose or by accident, these aren't flaggable, even though this is a "cheap" method of obtaining a platinum trophy.
  • Using "backup" save files - Backing up your save file and re-loading it in order to earn missable or "choice" trophies (e.g., to quickly get trophies for 2 different endings in a game) or to make games easier (e.g., to save yourself in games with permadeath). Or allowing you to regain access to a part of a game to perform an in-game glitch. Do not use one of your save files from another console or from a different save state in the past to unlock trophy timestamps in an impossible way!
  • Boosting - Playing online via coordinating with other players in a way to speed up progress in obtaining a trophy through normal means via in-game exploits, glitches, coordination, private lobbies, and or other doable means within the in-game environment. Hacked lobbies, hacking, or exploits performed via external means (outside of the game as created) are flaggable.
  • Share Play - Using the PS4's party streaming feature to allow a friend to play your game via streaming. The game is still being played to unlock a trophy, this is the equivalent of a friend sitting on your couch helping you play. It's cheap, but nonetheless not flaggable.
  • Playing multiple consoles at once - Don't be afraid to play more than one console at the same time, for example playing your Vita and PS4 at the same time. So long as the time tags on your individual games are possible, it's okay to do this. If you allow other people onto your profile to unlock trophies for you, you're putting your account at risk of having that person earning trophies in a non-legitimate way, if suspicious time tags are found within individual lists, they will be flaggable. Though allowed as they fall under the multiple console rule, "trophy teams" are not advised as they increase the chance of a member using notorious methods of earning trophies within a game. Any impossible timestamps within a game list can get flagged.
  • Modified physical inputs - Turbo controllers, rubber bands, and other similar methods of physical input to assist in unlocking a trophy by performing repetitive or speedier inputs are allowed. You still enter the game environment and time is spent on having the process performed with your controller inputs.
  • "No Timestamp" - If you have trophies without timestamps, it means that you earned trophies before connecting to the internet and setting up your PSN account on your console. Typically you shouldn't get flagged for this unless these are online-only trophies which could not be earned without previously setting up online PSN account.
  • System Clock - In cases where games such as LittleBigPlanet have trophies relied on your system clock where you can simply get the trophy by moving the clock or date forward then relaunch the game to get the trophy. 
  • DLC/Microtransactions - Using official DLC and microtransactions released by the developer to speed the process up to get a trophy is allowed.

Things that are flaggable:

• Using a save file to auto-unlock trophies - If you use an external save file to auto-unlock trophies or advance you further into the game and the impossibility of normal circumstance can be proven via the timestamps, it's flaggable. This includes using your own save file to unlock trophies at an impossible time frame, be careful with this, always sync your trophies, and do not use your save file to earn trophies impossibly out of order.
  • Using CFW (Custom Firmware) to unlock trophies - Similar to using save files to auto-unlock trophies, using files and custom firmware on any console to unlock trophies instead of playing within the game environment is flaggable. This is 100% done on purpose, it can't be done on accident by regular players, and you will get flagged if your timestamps are detected.
  • Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies - Due to the impossibility of these times affecting specific game leaderboards, it's not fair to players who unlocked trophies under normal circumstances. Right now there isn't a 'white list' system for these kinds of games and a regular flag is made - you'll have to hide that game to get back on the leaderboards. If this happens to you, don't sync your trophies and go here to see how to reverse it.
  • Impossible timestamps - If your timestamps are too close to each other, earned unrealistically before the release date of the game (Journalists and similar people get games typically a week or two early, any time before this period that isn't explainable can get flagged), or earned impossibly out of order.

If you achieved a trophy via a not flaggable means, then dispute the flag with proof to get the flag lifted. There are times where a member may falsely report a person and a staff member may mistakenly approve that report. If your timestamps appear impossible then you'll need to describe the process that you obtained the trophies in as much detail as you can. 

To spot a cheater, you have to know a lot about the game in question, to know that the trophies are achieved out of order, after server closures, or too quickly.

• Like 3

thank you, now i feel much better, i used the glitches in the Uncharted 1 speedrun and got a bit scared, also one question thats not mentioned, if i hide my trophies on my psn account because they're too low % while i am working on them one by one to get them back to 100% will i be flagged if i make a trophy list that has like 35 trophies appear again? 

5 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

thank you, now i feel much better, i used the glitches in the Uncharted 1 speedrun and got a bit scared, also one question thats not mentioned, if i hide my trophies on my psn account because they're too low % while i am working on them one by one to get them back to 100% will i be flagged if i make a trophy list that has like 35 trophies appear again? 

That's no problem, because even though you've hidden the game, your timestamps will be correct.

The timestamps come from psn, not from here. That's why it doesn't matter if you hide it or not.

Edited by Kurorac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kurorac said:

That's no problem, because even though you've hidden the game, your timestamps will be correct.

thanks for answering, one final question. how do you know if you got flagged? do you get a notification? 

also, how many flags does anyone need to get their account banned? 

Edited by Soufwar