How is the Plat not the rarest base game trophy?

Nero_the_Wize

Was looking at my rarest trophies display and noticed "Master Zoologist" was my rarest trophy. I was pretty sure that was a base game trophy so I checked and it in fact is. The Platinum for Ark has a 3.43% earned rate and 1013 achievers compared to a 0.97% with 287 achievers at time of post for Master Zoologist. How do more people have the platinum than a trophy you need to get the platinum?

TrueTrophies lists Master Zoologist as part of the DLC trophies.  My guess is however it is listed on the trophies page on the console, the dev probably wired it up as part of the DLC trophy pack and therefore not part of the main game.  I don't have the game so I can't confirm, but I've seen this before with ported bundles that include all DLC.

Edited by Matto_lsi

The last regular Trophy in the list, Master Zoologist, was added later with a patch (same patch which brought the first DLC, check the dates of achievers).

Not all players have re-played the game since then. Now this trophy is required for the plat, it - obviously - wasn't before it was there.

It's pretty weird - I don't know any other game where this happened..

Edited by dalailama1989
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

The last regular Trophy in the list, Master Zoologist, was added later with a patch (same patch which brought the first DLC, check the dates of achievers).

Not all players have re-played the game since then. Now this trophy is required for the plat, it - obviously - wasn't before it was there.

I can confirm that now. 

6 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

One other game from memory did this - they added a couple of trophies and dramatically changed the requirements of others, but the name escapes me.

With ARK, the original trophy list was out December 2016 and then they patched Master Zoologist into the main list a couple of months ago.

21 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

This has happened with 8Days Peace is our Business

they added 3 trophies to the base game which is required for the platinum, problem is, people have been getting the platinum post patch without getting the 3 newly added trophies, so its kinda odd but shit happens

• Like 1