Disc drive making noises despite no disc inside.

PolarPhantom

At least, that's what I think's happening. So, sometimes today, I hear my PS4 beeping as though it's being turned on, even though I'm already playing games. Then, I hear random "spinning", starting, then stopping. I think it's spinning, I suppose it could be the fan, but the sound reminds me of when I have a physical disc inserted.

There are no other issues I've noticed, just these sounds which are both distracting and worrisome. What if there's something wrong with my PS4 that will become an issue later? I only got it in April 2015, as well. Not even 2 and a half years old...

So I've had a similar issue where my day1 launch PS4 would beep several times, automatically turn itself on and spit out any disc inserted, and you would hear the rollers spin and spin (the rollers inside the machine that take in the disc, and eject the disc)

i had to follow the video I'm providing to temporarily fix this issue..it still occurs periodically but it's the best fix I found, for myself anyways..sounds like it might be a similar scenario for you too

When it says "hold down the power button until it beeps twice" wouldn't it make more sense to say "until it beeps a second time?"

Thanks to this poorly worded advice I accidentally forced my PS4 to turn off incorrectly.

Anyway, I'll try the official way until I get a smaller screwdriver. Thank you for the advice.

I had this problem with my launch PS4 and my PS4Pro does the same thing ... (Randomly beeps for no reason sometimes.) I don't own any physical media so never had to deal with it trying to spit out a disk but I beleive it would do that if it had a disk in it.

Other than that both systems worked fine and I have just kinda left it since it doesn't actually cause any problems for me, I can understand that if you use discs this would be a big problem but as a digital only user I kind of just ignore it. 

Still ... It's kind of wierd that this issue even still exists on the the PS4Pro or any other model than a launch version to be honest, not usually what you expect from Sony.