Number 1 Nom De Guerre - Training strategies

CyrisTM1

Mighty nice of you to share this strategy. I'd give you an upvote if I hadn't spent all of them on the most recently plat thread. 

I have no interest in this game, I'm just aware of its level of difficulty in achieving the plat. I'm sure many people will find this info helpful. 

Edited by Phil

I have much more  but they are on my old laptop. I do not have recordings of basic 4-x's though. which is very beginner friendly for WR's. i'll try to get the game to work on my PC to record them as i don't really play consoles anymore :P

Edited by PRTM_CLUESCROL

No it's not "nearly impossible". It will take skill & time yes that's for sure. The luck ones (advanced x-4 except 1-4) & advanced 3-2 is much easier, but luck plays a role during those levels.

i'll try to find a advanced 4-4 strategy on my old laptop. the luck required there is a lot though. but very possible.

Keep in mind that it takes skill & time  to do this. 50 to 100 hours  required for WR alone

"Don't want to boost" as you're not interested in boosting and want to do it legit? Or not interested in getting MP noms? It doesn't take long at all. 

You have to boost anyway. The only PvP  activity on this game is in ranked matches which only has 3 game modes.

Player match has been dead for a long time which is required for lots of noms & VS'

• Like 1

Uploaded Basic 3-x, Advanced 4-4 example & Advanced 5-4

Basic 3-x strategy (skill)

Ability: None to make this faster

Weapon: Rocket launcher SP (shoots faster so it fly's you into the end sphere faster than plasma cannon)

Video is only basic 3-1, but it's the strategy you should use on the basic 3 category, only one difference is on 3-3, on that level, grapple hook the turret at 0:09 on my video.

WR's are very tight on the basic 3 category

Advanced 4-4 (99.99% luck)

Grenade: Shuriken

Ability: Disc grenade start & Special guard I

Time in video: could been 24 seconds

WR: 25'230

A very good run till the part where i jumped down. The spawns i had was very good. the first 3 kills ain't very luck based, but luck plays a big role during the last 7 kills Except kill number 6, he usually climbs the ladder very often so he won't move once he  has climbed it. the 7th kill is a spawn spot. You may get a kill or a double kill. 8th kill is a spawn spot. There is an another spawn spot to the right hill when you start (0:30 of my video), so after jumping down, look at the 8th kill's spot & the other spawn and hope there are some AI's there.

Advanced 5-4 (Luck)

Grenade: Shuriken

Abillity: Disc grenade start & Special guard I

Time in video: 20'30x

WR: 19 3xx

A run with a very good ending except the last throw. The AI didn't come to the spot where i threw my shuriken at 0:15 in the video. But if you happen to see him jump down, throw a shuriken at the exact same spot as i do.

The first 4 kills is very easy, i get it like every time. 5th kill is a 1/4 chance to get 

The last 5 kills is where the luck really is. if you throw 2 shurikens across the Conveyor belt, its around 1/5 to get a kill, 1/50 for a double

The last part is where the AI spawns at, hope they spawn at that spot and spam your shurikens at that spot. 15 Seconds is around the max on this level

Edited by PRTM_CLUESCROL

*BREAKING NEWS*

Seems like someone has hacked the Lost Planet 2 leaderboards. Every Advanced mission is now done by one guy called "IRELAND_NUMBER1". His time stamps are impossible to say at least. He completed most, if not all advanced missions within 0.066 seconds. Also his score on the x-5 missions are like billion times higher than the previous #1. If Capcom won't do anything about it, then this platinums is pretty much impossible. Most of the basic training missions are not affected, however those times are extremely hard because most of these runs have already been executed near perfection. 

• Like 1

I am very dissapointed that the leaderboards got hacked now. It destroys portions of the game and also the fun at competing.

Most of these couldn't be done easily anyway with expected practice of 100+ hours. If someone actually could beat one at the time they deserved the Worldrecord. It requires a lot of patience to be able to perfect those maps. Honestly only 3-2 advanced was easy with practice of 20+ hours. I don't know why the responsible person/-s think/-s everything needs to be hacked to prevent that others get a platinum or an accomplishment. Hacking is one of the worst options to choose from to solve anything.

Right now all advanced maps and eight basics (33/50 overall) are unbeatable to achieve "NUMBER 1" on them. All progress on them for nothing...

Edit: All is hacked with 00"00'066 sec. now

Edited by Dennis-nine-five
Update
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dennis-nine-five said:

I am very dissapointed that the leaderboards got hacked now. It destroys portions of the game and also the fun at competing.

Most of these couldn't be done easily anyway with expected practice of 100+ hours. If someone actually could beat one at the time they deserved the Worldrecord. It requires a lot of patience to be able to perfect those maps. Honestly only 3-2 advanced was easy with practice of 20+ hours. I don't know why the responsible person/-s think/-s everything needs to be hacked to prevent that others get a platinum or an accomplishment. Hacking is one of the worst options to choose from to solve anything.

Right now all advanced maps and eight basics (33/50 overall) are unbeatable to achieve "NUMBER 1" on them. All progress on them for nothing...

Edit: All is hacked with 00"00'066 sec. now

They did it just so nobodyelse could get the plat. They did it just to keep the plat rarity at what it currently is or lower. Hence, my maggot waste of life comment. There's nothing dirtier in the trophy hunting community than the piece of pond scum who did this. I'm sure my posts will get deleted here just like it did when I said what I said in the Fight Night thread. It's just low lifes in our community who have to ruin it for anybody else. There aren't many scum bags out there like that, but the few that are around damage the community. Not sure why pointing out this fact errks the mods enough to delete said posts, but hey, not my web site.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Are people that desperate to keep the rarity of the plat low to the point where you have to hack it and ruin it for others who want the plat. Pathetic, that person must not have much going on in their life. The plat is their crowning achievement in life. That or they're just a troll who doesn't want others to have it just to be a dirtbag.

Edited by HavocChaos__
  • Like 1