Need Condor Tips

RealCheato

Hello everyone, I haven't seen a thread dedicated for Condor help so I'm making one. I have around 8-10 hours of attempts on regular and long tee on hole 12 with no success. Does anyone have any tips to make this a little bit easier? Here is a link that I found for reference on where to aim the ball at. (Credit goes to Metalaneor on youtube.) https://imgur.com/YYKRwN4

Edited by Aggreshun

There really isn't much to do besides "keep trying". That reference is pretty sweet, but that isn't all there's to it.

Even if you score perfect impact, ball won't go perfectly straight where you need it to go, although it feels like severity of that sway was reduced in recent (1.06) patch. Might be just me though.

What worked for me was 364y club and shooting between full and full-3 ticks of power depending on wind, with super top spin. Optimally you need Normal tee length and Normal or Weak wind, you can score Condor on long tees, but there are trees in the way to the green which will probably annoy you really, really quickly. Just wait until normal tees appear on Alpine (IN) open course, it's not like you absolutely have to hurry since it will still take 3 weeks to beat all Revenge characters (as they appear one per day only) and earn the platinum.

Normal or Teeny cups won't make a difference for you if you use super top spin. All you have to do is to hit the pin. Rising pin shot will sink the ball no matter how fast is it going.

If you have issues with power where you need extra few yards in any direction, remember you can fire off from any spot on teeing ground, you don't have to move to the corner of it.

If you need more accurate power adjustment because your custom club is too powerful, remember that you can use 100-60 balls. You can buy them from in-game store for coins.

Personally, I've been trying for over 5 hours without success, then I took a 2 hour nap, and then I scored 3 condors within 2 hours of trying. I think I got extremely lucky, but don't get discouraged if after hours of grinding you won't get these. Keep trying.

Edited by TheSwordUserYT
  • Like 4

On 9/16/2017 at 4:43 PM, TheSwordUserYT said:

There really isn't much to do besides "keep trying". That reference is pretty sweet, but that isn't all there's to it.

Even if you score perfect impact, ball won't go perfectly straight where you need it to go, although it feels like severity of that sway was reduced in recent (1.06) patch. Might be just me though.

What worked for me was 364y club and shooting between full and full-3 ticks of power depending on wind, with super top spin. Optimally you need Normal tee length and Normal or Weak wind, you can score Condor on long tees, but there are trees in the way to the green which will probably annoy you really, really quickly. Just wait until normal tees appear on Alpine (IN) open course, it's not like you absolutely have to hurry since it will still take 3 weeks to beat all Revenge characters (as they appear one per day only) and earn the platinum.

Normal or Teeny cups won't make a difference for you if you use super top spin. All you have to do is to hit the pin. Rising pin shot will sink the ball no matter how fast is it going.

If you have issues with power where you need extra few yards in any direction, remember you can fire off from any spot on teeing ground, you don't have to move to the corner of it.

If you need more accurate power adjustment because your custom club is too powerful, remember that you can use 100-60 balls. You can buy them from in-game store for coins.

Personally, I've been trying for over 5 hours without success, then I took a 2 hour nap, and then I scored 3 condors within 2 hours of trying. I think I got extremely lucky, but don't get discouraged if after hours of grinding you won't get these. Keep trying.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell are you getting 364 yards on your 1w - mine is only just over 300 yards at max level using the big air club.  Currently rank 5 - do you unlock better clubs later?

28 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell are you getting 364 yards on your 1w - mine is only just over 300 yards at max level using the big air club.  Currently rank 5 - do you unlock better clubs later?

You unlock upgradable Custom clubs once you reach rank 7. Upgrade gives between 1 and 3 stats each time and maximum number of upgrades is 11. 364 yards is 21 Power with maxed club skill in this case.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheSwordUserYT said:

You unlock upgradable Custom clubs once you reach rank 7. Upgrade gives between 1 and 3 stats each time and maximum number of upgrades is 11. 364 yards is 21 Power with maxed club skill in this case.

Ok good to know thanks!  I'll get to rank 7 before worrying about these then :-)

Edited by chickenbaltipie

2 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Ok good to know thanks!  I'll get to rank 7 before worrying about these then :-)

You also need to be gathering as many gems as possible. Each online nine hole course will have 2 gems, and each one can possibly give you a total of 2, for a maximum of 4 gems per nine hole course. Also, and this is important for saving time doing this, every course follows a pattern for where the gems are. If the gems are on hole 1 for the front nine, the back nine will have the gems on hole 11. 2-12, 3-13, 4-14, etc, except for 9, which will always make the gems appear on hole 10 for the back nine.

Gems help you upgrade the custom clubs.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2017 at 1:58 PM, niliuscofc said:

You also need to be gathering as many gems as possible. Each online nine hole course will have 2 gems, and each one can possibly give you a total of 2, for a maximum of 4 gems per nine hole course. Also, and this is important for saving time doing this, every course follows a pattern for where the gems are. If the gems are on hole 1 for the front nine, the back nine will have the gems on hole 11. 2-12, 3-13, 4-14, etc, except for 9, which will always make the gems appear on hole 10 for the back nine.

Gems help you upgrade the custom clubs.

thanks - really helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Zanarkand99 said:

What is the lowest amount of gems I need before can try this shot please? I've upgraded power 3 times so far on custom club. I'm on last 50 people in single player to collect from tier 7 so soon be wanting to do this/farm gems.

Preferably you’ll want a club with atleast 350-360y reach (with or without power mode). I’d personally just fully upgrade the club, but if you get the distance early you could try then. Also you can pick up 20+ gems around the online courses each day.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One thing that I noticed as I'm going for my Condors: As with shots that will land close to the hole, your character will say a small remark. For example, my character will say one of these two lines, "Not bad!" and "Go On!". What I do is take my shot and, if my character doesn't say a word as the ball is flying, then I will instantly restart my shot.

Aside from that, I'm just waiting for course conditions to become favorable. My Custom Club rolls were okay'ish I suppose (358y with Power Shot). I just wish that the wind would stay static. There's nothing more infuriating than to re-tune your shot every so often to account for the sporadic wind speed.

Edited by ARB1992

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perfect conditions today. BUT the pin is at the far side of the green so it looks like you need higher power clubs to reach it, the bounce across water will fall short.

Edit: managed one with a level 25 and a lucky bounce on the edge of the green. Only took seven hours...

Edited by bobthecrazydog
  • Like 1

Perfect conditions today as well. Managed to get all 3 condors within 2 hours (last 2 in 2 consecutive shots #brag?). However weird thing happened because hole is in completely different place. I gave up on condors few months ago and back then it was slightly to the left from center of the green (same spot as on all YT vids I saw). Now it's on the right side. Did they change it in an update? 

Edited by maniek515

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a heads up. Today is a good day to try your condors at Alpine hole 12. The wind is weak and is regular tee with teeny holes. The teeny holes are the only downside. Just shoot the ball holding down+right when setting power and up+left when doing the shot. Position yourself at the back left portion of the shooting area, aim on the white chair foot and keep trying. I got 3 condors doing like these. Wait for the wind to get lower and try it out. It gets to zero very often. Good luck. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...