Best websites for downloading Music? [Recommendations]

Maxximum

I highly recommend Spotify (I haven't really tried any other service before though).

I've been using it for over a year now (premium) and it's fantastic. In addition to the download feature you requested, I specially love their 'discover weekly' playlist (creates a playlist based on the type of songs you listen to) and release radar (new releases from artists that you follow). It has a few other handy features which I'm sure you can find with a bit of research and It's available on most major platforms (even PS4) so that's a plus. 

I'm not sure if they still offer the premium trial, but you can check that out if you're interested.

Edited by Ac3NiNjA9

I'm not going to help you illegally obtain your music but I will list some legal alternatives to torrenting and piracy.

Spotify - Spotify is 100% free, but offers a premium service for $10/month that allows downloading of music.

Free Music Archive - A free web-based service created by WMFU Radio that archives music from thousands of artists, and working closely with said artists to provide a veritable treasure trove of music.

Google Play - Google's Android store offers millions of songs ranging from classical to dubstep, and allows you to store the music to your phone or the Google Cloud service. They also have the album art.

iTunes - Available on both mobile Apple devices and PC/Mac, iTunes allows you to browse and download millions of songs, sort them to your heart's content, and transfer them from your phone to your computer, and vice versa. 

SoundCloud - SoundCloud is the Internet's largest library of music and audio tracks available. It is popular for streaming and sharing audio files due to its ease of access and clean format. It allows downloading of music, but only if the artist allows it.

3 hours ago, ee28max said:

I've been looking for a specific website where you can download music with their original album covers. Anyone who can recommend me some?

Any help would be appreciated :).

For the album covers? Hmmm I know with xbmc there are plug-ins that search for the movie/music covers that match the name. So I would imagine they have the same for music. 

Or you could do what I did and do it manually. Though it is time consuming. 

If you're talking about downloads music, this thread may be closed. But really it depends on the music you want. Obviously if you have the cd, ripping it and getting the wav(non compressed!) is the best choice for quality(not space) 

For everything else you really have to dig through amazon, itunes, etc. 

And if they don't have it, this is what I do. I spend $5 a month on YouTube red. Which even though music uploaded to YouTube isn't always great. YouTube red allows you to not only download, but also have your phone screen completely off! On the pocket! Doesn't matter! It's awesome.

And sense you can make playlists now on YouTube, it's awesome. 

That really is my primary way of finding music, and listening to most. Although I do enjoy listening to flac or uncompressed music. It's a scale really. 

I can't recommend any illegal music downloading sites though sorry. 

11 hours ago, Freelancer Tex said:

I'm not going to help you illegally obtain your music but I will list some legal alternatives to torrenting and piracy.

Spotify - Spotify is 100% free, but offers a premium service for $10/month that allows downloading of music.

Free Music Archive - A free web-based service created by WMFU Radio that archives music from thousands of artists, and working closely with said artists to provide a veritable treasure trove of music.

Google Play - Google's Android store offers millions of songs ranging from classical to dubstep, and allows you to store the music to your phone or the Google Cloud service. They also have the album art.

iTunes - Available on both mobile Apple devices and PC/Mac, iTunes allows you to browse and download millions of songs, sort them to your heart's content, and transfer them from your phone to your computer, and vice versa. 

SoundCloud - SoundCloud is the Internet's largest library of music and audio tracks available. It is popular for streaming and sharing audio files due to its ease of access and clean format. It allows downloading of music, but only if the artist allows it.

11 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Buy the music you cheap bastard

11 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

For the album covers? Hmmm I know with xbmc there are plug-ins that search for the movie/music covers that match the name. So I would imagine they have the same for music. 

Or you could do what I did and do it manually. Though it is time consuming. 

If you're talking about downloads music, this thread may be closed. But really it depends on the music you want. Obviously if you have the cd, ripping it and getting the wav(non compressed!) is the best choice for quality(not space) 

For everything else you really have to dig through amazon, itunes, etc. 

And if they don't have it, this is what I do. I spend $5 a month on YouTube red. Which even though music uploaded to YouTube isn't always great. YouTube red allows you to not only download, but also have your phone screen completely off! On the pocket! Doesn't matter! It's awesome.

And sense you can make playlists now on YouTube, it's awesome. 

That really is my primary way of finding music, and listening to most. Although I do enjoy listening to flac or uncompressed music. It's a scale really. 

I can't recommend any illegal music downloading sites though sorry. 

I swear, I never heard such thing as illegal as a lot of people download their songs from some website, not sure which. I have heard that downloading songs were illegal, but couldn't confirm it until this thread had it. I'm sorry for bringing up this topic, I'm sorry I didn't know this was illegal ?. I'll lock this up then.