Spoiler tags not opening

FilmFanatic

I have no idea what is going on but this is my trophy checklist. My first post has 3 spoilers which all open when clicking on them however my second post won't let me open the spoilers. It's the same on my PC using Firefox and on my iPad using Safari. Clicking on the spoiler does nothing and clicking on the arrow in the circle for the spoiler takes me back to the top of the page. If I edit and save the post I can open the spoilers but if I leave or refresh the page the spoilers go back to not working. Deleting everything in the post and then pasting it back in makes no difference. Deleting everything in the post and starting it again from scratch doesn't work either as after putting in 4 of my platinums and then saving it gave me the same issue again. Copy and pasting everything from the 2nd post into another post also gives me the same issue. I don't want to take the main spoilers away as that will be a lot of content to scroll through but I have no idea what else to do.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I am experiencing the same exact issue that @FilmFanatic is. Certain spoiler tags will not open when I click reveal hidden content thus sending me back to the top of the webpage. It doesn't seem to matter what browser on what device I am using, the problem still remains. I could play with the editor all day, make small changes here and there, copy and paste to a new.. the problem is stuck like glue. I seek an answer to why this happens, or a fix would be most delightful. It would make me most happy ^o^

Edited by ShonenCat

It would seem that FilmFanatic has just revealed a small kink in the system that helped me understand that it wasn't necessarily the structure of my work that was causing the issue. I suppose one too many spoiler tags can prove troublesome but in the end I was able to fix what my problem was as well. There shouldn't be any difficulties when replying in threads or status posts.

• 1 month later...

How did you guys fix this issue? What did you do exactly? Because I'm having the same issue right now in my checklist thread:

The first post works just fine, and it has two spoiler tags there. Spoilers in the linked one don't work at all.

Having a look at your checklist you are having the exact same problem I did. I don’t know what fixed it for me so I can’t help you unfortunately. When I had the problem I ended up moving everything in my 2nd post into the first post so the spoiler tags would work and kept it like that for a while. Shonencat PMed me about the same problem and while talking about it I tried moving what was originally in my 2nd post back into my 2nd post and the spoiler tags started working properly again. So I have no idea what got them working properly again as I had tried many different things to see if I could fix the problem but none of them had worked, I couldn’t even replicate the problem though I had seen the issue in other threads.

• Like 1

This problem also had happened with my Trophy Checklist - for a reason I wasn't knowing why, spoiler tags from both "Part 2" of my "Platinum List" and "Non-Platinum Completed Games' List" were not opening at all... So, some day I've tried to migrate some infos from Part 2 of "Platinum List" to Part 1, and "suddently" the Part 2 post were fixed!!...

After some trial and error, I reached the conclusion that the emoticons were messing my infos... - in my case, I was using emoticons from "flag" category, and my problem were solved after I'd changed back all "flag emoticons" to "(EU), (NA), (JP), etc." remarks. You can try to remove all emoticions (excepting "PSNProfiles" category emoticons, since they're "images" instead of "unicode emojis") to see what happens. (I hope it works :))

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 3/12/2018 at 8:23 PM, JoaoQuique said:

This problem also had happened with my Trophy Checklist - for a reason I wasn't knowing why, spoiler tags from both "Part 2" of my "Platinum List" and "Non-Platinum Completed Games' List" were not opening at all... So, some day I've tried to migrate some infos from Part 2 of "Platinum List" to Part 1, and "suddently" the Part 2 post were fixed!!...

After some trial and error, I reached the conclusion that the emoticons were messing my infos... - in my case, I was using emoticons from "flag" category, and my problem were solved after I'd changed back all "flag emoticons" to "(EU), (NA), (JP), etc." remarks. You can try to remove all emoticions (excepting "PSNProfiles" category emoticons, since they're "images" instead of "unicode emojis") to see what happens. (I hope it works :))

Omg thank you so much. I literally used a single emoticon in my hidden contents towards the end of the tab in the most recent edit and I was completely befuddled. Massive help, thank you. Your analysis deserves way more upvotes.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment