FALL OUT 3

ELITESTEALTH555

19 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

No. but the game can be glitchy. I heard the DLC especially so.

Personally I only had the game freeze on me once but others have reported much worse

Because I got the fall out 3 game of the year edition 

8 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Large, open world RPG games are most likely to crash on you a few times. I don't think Fallout 3 is worse case scenario though and I don't believe any of these freezes / crashes will affect trophy hunting. :)

Because my friend told me before when the game come out  there was lot of  glitchy Trophys 

• Like 1

Don't know about the trophies but the game is a broken, nigh unplayable mess, the worst Bethesda release on console to date. Get the PC version instead.

Quests won't trigger.

Quests won't complete.

NPCs will randomly attack.

NPCs won't appear.

NPCs won't trigger conversations.

Conversation options sometimes will not be selectable.

Conversations loop ad infinitum.

NPC mouths won't move.

NPCs won't move.

NPCs float across the ground, sans animation.

The camera will break and fail to follow characters.

Infinite loading screens.

Falling through the world.

Broken hitboxes.

Clipping through the environment.

Getting stuck in the environment.

NPCs vanish.

Quest objects fail to load.

Quest objects cannot be selected.

Corrupted save data.+

Audio fails to trigger.

Audio glitches and skips.

Audio cuts out.

Game constantly crashes.

Characters phase through each other.

Characters fall out of the sky.

Characters sink into the ground.

Characters slowly ascend into the air.

The background disappears.

Textures fail to load.

The list goes on and on, but you get my point. As stated before at the beginning of my post, do not get this game on PS3. Get it on PC. The console version is a broken pile of garbage.

+ This was a huge issue for me, and ultimately the reason I gave up on Fallout 3 on console.

23 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Don't know about the trophies but the game is a broken, nigh unplayable mess, the worst Bethesda release on console to date. Get the PC version instead.

Quests won't trigger.

Quests won't complete.

NPCs won't appear.

NPC mouths won't move.

NPCs won't move.

Broken hitboxes.

NPCs vanish.

Corrupted save data.+

Audio fails to trigger.

Audio cuts out.

Game constantly crashes.

Textures fail to load.

The list goes on and on, but you get my point. As stated before at the beginning of my post, do not get this game on PS3. Get it on PC. The console version is a broken pile of garbage.

+ This was a huge issue for me, and ultimately the reason I gave up on Fallout 3 on console.

Thank you for the informative reply, not just to the OP but to those who were eventually planning on playing the game as well (such as myself). I think I might just skip Fallout 3 as a whole now but I haven't made up my mind yet.

It looks as though the OP wants the trophies so I'd think they're going to play the game on PS3 anyway.

45 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Quests won't trigger.

Quests won't complete.

NPCs won't appear.

NPC mouths won't move.

NPCs won't move.

Broken hitboxes.

NPCs vanish.

Corrupted save data.+

Audio fails to trigger.

Audio cuts out.

Game constantly crashes.

Textures fail to load.

I bought the game at launch and have the platinum trophy.  There are some problems but you are being extremely hyperbolic.  I experienced most of the problems you listed and it did not hinder my enjoyment of the game.  

14 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I bought the game at launch and have the platinum trophy.  There are some problems but you are being extremely hyperbolic.  I experienced most of the problems you listed and it did not hinder my enjoyment of the game.  

My experience in this game on console was utterly dreadful. I was not being hyperbolic. Fallout 3 should never have been released in the state it was on console.

I'm glad you were able to get the platinum and furthermore that you enjoyed it, but my time with the game on PS3 was anything but enjoyable. If it wasn't one issue it was 10 different others,  and it eventually got to the point that I just could not keep going. It is my opinion that Fallout 3 on console is garbage.

The PC version is much more enjoyable and actually works properly. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ELITESTEALTH555 said:

Okay I will :) 

There's sooo much lore you can get lost in side quests if you allow yourself, hundreds of hours man. But like others said, freezes aren't uncommon, saves decent amount too because you never know what glitch could pop up, it is a big rpg after all, and the trophies don't glitch either not in my experience. 

There were no glitches I encountered when playing the game, only 2 things you'll want to keep in mind is that if you don't have the DLC then starting "Take it back" will make it so you cannot backtrack to earn any other trophies.

The other thing is that it's very common with Bethesda games on PS3 to get slower as the size of your save file gets larger, so expect the game to crash a lot when you get toward the end of the game

48 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

There were no glitches I encountered when playing the game, only 2 things you'll want to keep in mind is that if you don't have the DLC then starting "Take it back" will make it so you cannot backtrack to earn any other trophies.

The other thing is that it's very common with Bethesda games on PS3 to get slower as the size of your save file gets larger, so expect the game to crash a lot when you get toward the end of the game

Okay I have the game of the year edition 

• 1 month later...

I loved this game! I have put about 200 hours into it, getting lost with side quests, looking for unique weapons.  It was the first Fallout game I played and I have carried onto the other console Fallout games since.  I experienced a few game crashes, game slowed down a few times & I saved often to make sure I wouldn't lose much time.  I was obviously fortunate I didn't experience all the problems Freelancer Tex experienced.  I never had a problem with conversations, quests, audio, etc...

I found FO: New VEGAS to have problems in crashing frequently, glitched out and it didn't live up to the hype I had given it personally, I have started FO 4 but just haven't had the time to give it my full attention so have stopped playing for a while.

Overall, I have enjoyed the console version of Fallout and prefer it to PC as I can play it in bed ✌️

I might be about to plat this with just the Speech and the explorer trophies left. I've had to reset the ps3 about 20 times and that is ok given that I've been playing it for ages. I noticed if it doesn't auto save after travel it shit's itself, So I manual save after travel if this happens and that seems to work. I also have goty edition and haven't touched the dlc yet.

On 9/17/2017 at 4:29 PM, Freelancer Tex said:

Quests won't trigger.

Quests won't complete.

NPCs won't appear.

NPC mouths won't move.

NPCs won't move.

Broken hitboxes.

NPCs vanish.

Corrupted save data.+

Audio fails to trigger.

Audio cuts out.

Game constantly crashes.

Textures fail to load.

No offence to your credibility, personally never played Fallout 3 myself, but all of the issues you listed are pretty much basic glitches that can be found within any expansive RPG game. These are pretty normal encounters for the most part, and most of them are barely even game breaking. So to the OP and others who want to play this game, go ahead. I wouldn't let the above post bother you. As long as you are saving frequently, as you should be anyway, you'll be fine.

• Like 2