Mandatory Trophy Thoughts Topic

NekoSama87

2 hours ago, NekoSama87 said:

Seems like an easy and reasonable platinum to get to me. Beat all the bosses, finish story mode, and meanwhile kill some mobs. 
I only wished for some more trophies to get, but still..

Fuck yes...Day one buy and to top it off it's on the VITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

9 hours ago, FlareZero said:

This, Speedruns are the worst of all things, even worst than missable things.

Depends IMO. If it's speedrun entire game, then that sucks balls. I enjoy it in some platformers that revolve around it, usually that has rather short levels and instant retries. :) In fact, it was the best part of the two latest Rayman games.

11 hours ago, MMDE said:

Depends IMO. If it's speedrun entire game, then that sucks balls. I enjoy it in some platformers that revolve around it, usually that has rather short levels and instant retries. :) In fact, it was the best part of the two latest Rayman games.

Speedruns is for doing the entire game in short time, that, in my opinion is the worst thing of all,  even after I finished a game a lot of time it has no sense to rush a game, developer must put trophy for playing over 10 hours, not under; I can accept time trials, that are trial and errors and in ca be re-done a lot in a short time.

14 minutes ago, darkbeuh said:

With that kind of trophy list I feel like the devs are trying to appeal to trophy hunters for some easy sells :/

People keep saying this, but I don't get it. Why would people prefer 12 trophies with lots of golds to 51 trophies with a general mix? Hell, I actually prefer the LATTER, as I enjoy the sound of trophies popping.

Do people really value gold trophies over other ones? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darkbeuh said:

With that kind of trophy list I feel like the devs are trying to appeal to trophy hunters for some easy sells :/

Well it's a strategy, and sometimes works.

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

People keep saying this, but I don't get it. Why would people prefer 12 trophies with lots of golds to 51 trophies with a general mix? Hell, I actually prefer the LATTER, as I enjoy the sound of trophies popping.

Do people really value gold trophies over other ones? 

In this case I don't thims is a matter of gold, this looks a short and a easy list, Destiny 2 have a short list, but the game looks long and hard.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mini review:

Mecho Tales: 3/10
A short twin-shooter platformer, it suffers from poor design choices (it's often hard to distinguish objects on the screen given the garish colours), repetitive enemies, and a lack of redeeming features that would have it special, as both the music and story are unremarkable.

Difficulty: 3/10 I somehow struggled with the first level as I kept falling on spikes, forcing me to start again from the beginning, but it got much easier once I gave up on picking up those large cogs. There's a reason the completion percentage is high.

Things I wish I'd known: The cogs and hearts don't disappear, so you can take your time before collecting them. Also, the grind isn't nearly as bad as I thought: I only had to replay one level.

Guides: Unnecessary. Trophies are either linked to progression or regular grinding: collect all drones, 1000 cogs, 100 health...

Missables: Nothing. You can keep on playing post-final boss, and pick up the few cogs that will likely be missing for the final drone(s) you'll need to purchase. Level 4-1 was a good choice, at 600 cogs or so.

• Like 1