Platinum difficulty, length, & number of playthroughs?

mr2k_pdh

• 2 weeks later...

It's difficult to say how hard it is. Game itself is awesome, but to achieve some badges may be problematic. If you want to play the game by yourself, you'll probably play every mission twice or thrice and spend a few hours on each of them. But the game is brilliant, I hope this genre is going to be revived cause I really miss it.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, mr2k_pdh said:

Could someone who's gotten the platinum trophy, or is close to getting it, answer any of the following questions:

1. How difficult is the game to platinum?
  2. How long does it take to platinum?
  3. How many playthroughs does it take to platinum?

Thanks.

I think @Leon Hasegawa covered everything but I figured I'd throw in my results as a modern-day player a good few years later.

How difficult is the game to platinum? I scored it a 5.1/10 difficulty. The game has a ridiculously generous quicksave system that makes it so you're able to perform trial-and-error again and again for however many attempts you need before accomplishing a task. Some of the challenges for the medals that the game throw at you is wild but with a handy guide upon replaying levels, nothing should prove too difficult for even average players. On the initial playthrough(blind run), you'll die/reload plenty but that's the fun of a tactic game such as this.

How long does it take to platinum? It took me 47 hours. There are a few qualifiers to that. 1) I did a blind run on all 13 levels. No looking at guides or anything. If you from the outset try to get medals and follow guides, I imagine you could cut that down to as 30 potentially albeit hampering a lot of the game's appeal and mystique. 2) For the remaining medals, I DID use guides as provided in the Trophy Guide. Without them, if you were trying to learn all the medals blindly, I imagine it could balloon into the 60-70 hour area. 

How many playthroughs does it to take to platinum? I personally played each level 3 times. 13 x 3 = 39. Of course, there was some minor clean-up for some miscellaneous trophies and killing the devs in each level but it took me under an hour to do that. I would recommend saving frequently in many different spots in each level to make the clean-up even faster. 39 plays for 13 levels sounds like a lot but while the first run may take you 2+ hours, speedrun trophies are frequently sub-20 min once you see the strategies out there. 

In case someone is reading this for the first time, Shadow Tactics is one of the best games I've played this year and I HIGHLY recommend it even if you're not familiar with the tactical genre. I wasn't either, and pretty much the only tactical experience I had before playing was The Banner Saga Trilogy (which I also love). 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 29.11.2021 at 3:12 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Are the controls similar to Desperados 3? I really liked that game and want to try this one, but i want to play with the controller, not with keyboard or mouse

Generally yes. I can't recall any major differences. It's the same publisher anyway. Both games are quite intuitive 

• Like 1