Trophy//Thoughts?

Oh! Rengeki trophies haha ? looks like very time consuming... I no sure if "very easy" platinum, some arena duel are difficult.

14 minutes ago, Einigkeit said:

but it's a bit disappointing that the entire collection only has one trophy list and platinum.

Uhmm... I think no, because Hack Gu like Hack infection are one game with 3 chapter or 3 disc, so I think it is ok. And if you want a 100% hack infection you need almost 100/110 hour.

3 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

RENGEKI

And you can hear over and over ??

This looks very simple, but kind of grindy in some aspects. Alchemization, area rankings, and other in battle related trophies should carry over between volumes making those only a matter of time. Area words are given as the game progresses with dialogue, so I can see why they want you to carry over save files. The campaign trophies are passive sidequests that you'll have to work towards completing during the volume, and shouldn't be missable so long as you don't beat the volume you're on.

The Crimson VS trophies are going to be a grind, it's a card "mini-game" but has pretty simple rules. If you can just keep playing low level opponents to count towards the trophy it should be fine. The Book of 1000 is basically in game record keeping for practically every action you can think of in game, filling that out will also take a while (I don't remember the exact stats recorded because it has been a while, also don't see a FAQ on it). Not sure what the Parody Mode is though, most likely new.

Overall it looks easy but time consuming, probably around 50 to 60 hours. What's interesting though is that cheat mode only appears to affect one trophy, the max trophy. I'm questioning whether it'd just be faster to start in cheat mode for the first three volumes to obtain most of the trophies, then start a new playthrough for volume 4 to get the level 150 trophy: since starting on a new volume without previous data still puts you at a level they think is a fair and in this case it should be around 100.

Edited by xAzureFlameGod

2 hours ago, xAzureFlameGod said:

Overall it looks easy but time consuming, probably around 50 to 60 hours. What's interesting though is that cheat mode only appears to affect one trophy, the max trophy. I'm questioning whether it'd just be faster to start in cheat mode for the first three volumes to obtain most of the trophies, then start a new playthrough for volume 4 to get the level 150 trophy: since starting on a new volume without previous data still puts you at a level they think is a fair and in this case it should be around 100.

That seems like a great idea to minimize the time needed. 

Like everyone else said, it seems to not be very difficult, but time consuming.

Definitely can't wait to play it!

Man I'm disappointed we don't get three plats out of this. It's still a day one buy, though. It looks like you pretty much have to do a moderate amount of everything in the games for the plat, which should be a little time consuming but not hard. I'm really looking forward to replaying these!

I 100% GU on the ps2, as far as I remembered it was straight forward and easy to 100%, the only annoying parts to me was the card battles which surprisingly I finished the last battle on my first try by luck, on post game a new ex dungeon or something will show somewhere, you can easily grind there for lvl 150, I even managed maxed leveling Haseo and all of his friends to 150, I believe the engagement events happen at the end of volume 3, on my first play through I picked Atoli and on my second ( just for fun ) play through I picked Tabby.

" back to the present day " trophies wise it seems like a very easy list to me as long that there are no real online trophies.....

Edited by yellowwindow7

4 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I 100% GU on the ps2, as far as I remembered it was straight forward and easy to 100%, the only annoying parts to me was the card battles which surprisingly I finished the last battle on my first try by luck, on post game a new ex dungeon or something will show somewhere, you can easily grind there for lvl 150, I even managed maxed leveling Haseo and all of his friends to 150, I believe the engagement events happen at the end of volume 3, on my first play through I picked Atoli and on my second ( just for fun ) play through I picked Tabby.

" back to the present day " trophies wise it seems like a very easy list to me as long that there are no real online trophies.....

Same, I maxed out everyone in Vol.3. I went with Endrance though, and I will pick him again :D

• Like 1

Destructoid TGS Information

"Starting level in no save data transfer mode increased"

This should make using cheat mode for the first 3 volumes then starting the 4th with no save to get to level 150 even more viable.

4 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Same, Maybe I will do for 275 Plat for this one.

Any missable in the list?

There may be missables as far as items go per volume, but so long as you have a save for every volume nothing is permanently missable.

Edited by xAzureFlameGod
  • Like 1

On 25/9/2017 at 8:34 PM, xAzureFlameGod said:

Destructoid TGS Information

"Starting level in no save data transfer mode increased"

This should make using cheat mode for the first 3 volumes then starting the 4th with no save to get to level 150 even more viable.

There may be missables as far as items go per volume, but so long as you have a save for every volume nothing is permanently missable.

Thanks for the tips.

• 2 weeks later...

Viewing this list with my past experience with these games. The list overall seems pretty easy challenge wise. The only aspect that might be hard or might deter some players is that this game is long and a bit grindy on a regular playthrough, about 100 plus hours

The trophies themselve are all just grindy and long and will net players about 160 hours minimum plus. This, of course, is just from personal experience from the base game. And with the additions of the fast forward bottoms and other user settings that will help players will definitely help. Similar to the Zodiac version of Final Fantasy XII, you may be able to shave off 30 to 50 hours if you either follow a guide or have a general idea around the game.

Just noticed this list was released. This is one of my favorite game series of all time, and I have to say, I am pretty disappointed. I expected you to need at least 90% completion, and this looks like maybe 75% of what the game has to offer, and it's largely grind based trophies. That Crimson VS one for winning 500 battle is especially ridiculous. You should have all of the cards before even 100 wins, and then it'll be largely a grind. Winning 500 matches is going to be pretty boring, since it's an automated game. From what I remember, each match will take about 1 minute. So you're looking at around 8+ hours of it. That's only once you win every time though, which doesn't always happen. So it's likely more around 9-10. And there are missable cards too, as some are only available in Vol 2, and some in Vol 3. 

The worst part, is that there's way more interesting and challenging things they could've made people do for the plat with that time. Like completing the Forest of Pain, or getting all character affection maxed, or reading a full string of a character's e-mails (lots of cool character development in them), or even maxing out all of the Lost Weapons. But no. They want people to grind out an automated card game instead. One that does literally nothing to the story, and doesn't even give you any items to use in the game. I'll be doing a legit 100% run, but I feel bad that people who just want the plat are kind of getting jipped. :/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/10/2017 at 0:42 AM, ExHaseo said:

Just noticed this list was released. This is one of my favorite game series of all time, and I have to say, I am pretty disappointed. I expected you to need at least 90% completion, and this looks like maybe 75% of what the game has to offer, and it's largely grind based trophies. That Crimson VS one for winning 500 battle is especially ridiculous. You should have all of the cards before even 100 wins, and then it'll be largely a grind. Winning 500 matches is going to be pretty boring, since it's an automated game. From what I remember, each match will take about 1 minute. So you're looking at around 8+ hours of it. That's only once you win every time though, which doesn't always happen. So it's likely more around 9-10. And there are missable cards too, as some are only available in Vol 2, and some in Vol 3. 

The worst part, is that there's way more interesting and challenging things they could've made people do for the plat with that time. Like completing the Forest of Pain, or getting all character affection maxed, or reading a full string of a character's e-mails (lots of cool character development in them), or even maxing out all of the Lost Weapons. But no. They want people to grind out an automated card game instead. One that does literally nothing to the story, and doesn't even give you any items to use in the game. I'll be doing a legit 100% run, but I feel bad that people who just want the plat are kind of getting jipped. :/

What I need to do to unlock the card minigame?

37 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

It unlocks in Vol 2.

Thank you very much.

Ah another thing for anyone that knows the game, what I need to do on each episode before move to another one? I mean in volume 2 I can't finish volume 1 quest, right?

Edited by FlareZero