Trophy Questions YS VIII(dana)

The max all skills trophy.

Does anybody know what triggers the unlock for new skills? I have had multiple unlock at once. But also have a Lv.30 Laxia with only 4 skills and they are all max. I have killed turtles 15 lvls higher than me to no avail.

The explored as certain adventurers tropht.

Does this go by how much distance you have traveled by each character or does it count this hours you have been using that charater as main?

Thanks for the help in advance

Edited by DisturbedIsMe

As a passing remark for people coming in here. Don't grind out skills when you get them unless you have Warrior Seal IV (maybe 3) and a 1/2 SP ring (absolutely necessary for grinding). You'll go mad otherwise. Warrior Seal adds 4 points to each skill usage; so you'll get 5 points per skill use. About 30-40 minutes depending on the character at the end of the game. You can use skill grinding as a way to work towards the time needed for the Explore Trophies if you didn't let your PS4/Vita sit on idle with the characters.

Edited by Yadilie
  • Like 1

One other question about the skills trophy, some minor story spoilers

Spoiler

Do you have to max Dana's skills in in both eras? They seem to have separate experience bars.

Edit: Just finished grinding my skills, got the trophy, and the answer to my question is no, thankfully.

Edited by Vorfied
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DisturbedIsMe said:

are there any missable NPCs. Im right before the final boss and am 134/140 people found. I feel like ive qent back through everything but couldn't find a new person

Did you get the max approval trophy? If so you're fine. There's an epilogue if you get the True End, which requires 150+ approval (Vita) and 200+ approval (PS4). You'll get journal entries from that.

There's one easy gift item to mix and it involves Washu (I think that's his name, the one sailor guy). Your characters will notice the Lombardia ship sign later on in the game. It won't give you a ! on the map but you can pick this up and gift it to Washu. Was the last thing I was missing for both 100% items and 100% approval.

Edited by Yadilie
Had to clarify difference between the two versions True End requirements

17 hours ago, Yadilie said:

Did you get the max approval trophy? If so you're fine. There's an epilogue if you get the True End, which requires 150+ approval (Vita) and 200+ approval (PS4). You'll get journal entries from that.

There's one easy gift item to mix and it involves Washu (I think that's his name, the one sailor guy). Your characters will notice the Lombardia ship sign later on in the game. It won't give you a ! on the map but you can pick this up and gift it to Washu. Was the last thing I was missing for both 100% items and 100% approval.

Finally got all trophies but Nightmare True Ending trophy. Onward to the nightmare

Just now, DisturbedIsMe said:

Finally got all trophies but Nightmare True Ending trophy. Onward to the nightmare

You need 200 if you're playing the PS4 version. So, do every quest, suppression, interception, item gifts, fish/food items, etc.. to get towards 200. I don't think Dana's Virtue matters at all.

• Like 1

Well i finally got the platinum! did all the quest, all of the approvals, about 7 interceptions, 6 suppression (all S Rank), and transferred map data to the new save. I also had all of the recipes to give to mishishi. all but 3 fish for shoebill. came out at 214 approval right before the final boss. Thanks for the help and congrats on the Platinum Yadilie

Edited by DisturbedIsMe

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

I have a question about beating the game in Nightmare mode.  I noticed that you have to see the ending on Nightmare difficulty or higher.  Do you have to play the entire game in that mode or would switching to Nightmare mode to fight the final boss suffice?

Has to be from the beginning. You can switch to Nightmare in a playthrough but it will tell you you won't earn a trophy by doing that.

31 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

So much for getting the platinum trophy, then.  I lack the skill to pull off a playthough on Nightmare.

Nightmare mode is pretty easy for the most part if you do it on NG+, that way most of your items, equipment, skills, and levels carry over.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I thought about getting all the trophies I can in my first run.  My guess is that if I can get all the silver trophies, beat the game and get the epilogue, I could speed through a second play on Nightmare and just do the minimum to get to the end.  The only issue is that I would need to max Dana's virtue so she can fully unlock the dungeon since I would have to see the true ending on Nightmare.

58 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

I thought about getting all the trophies I can in my first run.  My guess is that if I can get all the silver trophies, beat the game and get the epilogue, I could speed through a second play on Nightmare and just do the minimum to get to the end.  The only issue is that I would need to max Dana's virtue so she can fully unlock the dungeon since I would have to see the true ending on Nightmare.

You don't have to worry about Dana's virtue on the second playthrough if you do it on the first one. I didn't finish dana's dungeons on nightmare at least. 100% the story on the first run of the game. It may seem like a daunting task at first but if you just explore each map the best you can when you first come to them its actually not bad at all. Get all the fish and recipes in first run of the game and it will make the Nightmare run easier too. Do all the side quest(theres really not that many at all) make sure you do the quest "recital" as soon as it comes available. There are youtube vids up for it now

you can wait until you are lvl 60-70 to complete all of the surpressions and interceptions. you don't need S rank on every single one of them so don't sweat it. just make sure you get all the approval items from them.

Nightmare if you transfer all the available stuff it ask you to transfer it make its a breeze. I blazed through nightmare in about 7 hours.

Edited by DisturbedIsMe

58 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

Hmm.  I think I might give it a chance.  In any case, I cleared Recital, so that isn't a problem.

When I started nightmare mode all the enemies felt like they were the same level as the end game monsters from the previous playthrough. and even at the end of the game they felt like the same level of difficulty. Its like the enemies stop scaling up they just get a boost in Health Points.