Trophy Thoughts?

Dog_of_Thunder

I have been stoked for this upgrade. 

But what happened to the trophies? 

There's one trophy for each table and it's all one of the existing trophies, with some tables becoming a lot easier (Iron Man for example). 

The DLC groupings seem to be a bit wonky, with Castlestorm/Wild West lumped in with Marvel tables and other Marvel tables in with the Animation Domination tables. 

This trophy list is way, way, WAY easier than it is for Zen Pinball 2.  A lot of ZP2's trophies were the rough equivalent of "start Wizard Mode on the table" and that's simply something that takes a fair amount of skill and luck and is very difficult for many people; thus why those trophies are so rare even by the PSNProfiles percentages.

Some of the individual challenges for individual tables are significantly more difficult than others, but having 100% (including all DLC) will be significantly less rare than it is for ZP2.

As for one trophy per pinball table?  That's one of the issues that ZenStudios has with Sony insofar as ZP2 goes, that Sony has a (soft) upper limit on the number of trophies and trophy points on a per-game basis.  It's why ZP2 went from having 1 Silver + 1 Bronze per table to 2 Bronze per table to 1 Bronze per table over time.  ZenStudios is getting out in front of the issue by limiting each table to a single Bronze, with a bunch of the main game trophies configured to cover the need to have a fair amount of skill and/or buying all the tables to accumulate the necessary benchmarks.

I'm not going to get this title until I'm completely done with ZP2, if that ever happens -- I'm at 77/125 trophies right now and every table purchased for my collection -- but I don't see too many obstacles for someone of my (limited) skill in getting 100% or close to it.

• Like 1

I have 100% in Zen Pinball 2 but I am not sure if I am getting this one..

Yeah, this trophylist looks a bit easier, but it looks for me as if I am just going to play all the same tables I already played again, that sucks imo. So I will wait if they are also releasing new tables or whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEANO_BRFC said:

Great news, thanks. Looking forward to playing the new ones aswell. Especially jaws. Is the main game a free download again?

Yup. Just as with Zen Pinball 2. It also comes with Sorcerer's Lair for anyone picking it up for the first time. 

Gonna buy a few packs when I get home from work (and after FF9 is purchased). 

10 hours ago, Dog_of_Thunder said:

Yup. Just as with Zen Pinball 2. It also comes with Sorcerer's Lair for anyone picking it up for the first time. 

Gonna buy a few packs when I get home from work (and after FF9 is purchased). 

I don't think this is out until next week, sadly. :(

I've been with this series since the original ZEN Pinball set of 4 tables (V12, Tesla, Shaman, El Dorado). I'm a little sad at the tables that didn't cross over due to the licenses expiring (ex. Street Fighter 2). It happens, I suppose.

I have 65 tables to import (that will take time with my slow connection) and will buy the new Universal Studios 3-Pack as soon as my money permits. I've always found this series to be a fun departure from more serious games, even if the trophies are a rough time.

Just like the last 2 games, I'll likely get a few trophies and that's it. The "1-Trophy-Per-Table" limit will allow the devs to place more trophies for upcoming tables in the future.

The trophies for the "Base Game" intrigue me the most as they hint at new modes I've heard about on the Pinball FX site. I know they want to do more Tournaments and Online Head-To-Head matches and the trophies reflect that. What these "upgrades" are? Your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by Icebrand1270