Tokyo Game Show 2017

Satoshi Ookami

Some cool titles here :3 New Idolmaster is good, also for non-Playstation games I'm looking forwards to Gal Metal on Switch (and executive producer is the EXTREEEEEME Tak Fujii :3)

(Also a friend is going to TGS since he's going to Japan during that time and I'm so jealous x3)

Edited by Zanreo

Thanks for this Godlike info dump Satoshi, nice to have it all in one place.?

13 minutes ago, Xeliot said:

Left Alive new IP by Square Enix.

Just watched the teaser trailer, doesn't show much except that it's coming 2018. That distinctive Shinkawa art creates more hype for me than the trailer to be honest.

Thanks for summing up the important news Satoshi :yay: .

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

SENTINELS

ARE 
FINALLY
COMING!!!

The game that has been teased for years has finally got another mention! It was a tough road, but now, it's hopefully going to be out =)

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-launches-2018-japan

This is one game to look forward to. VanillaWare hardly disappoints ;)

Finally, for a while there I thought this game would be stuck in development limbo forever.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

In a continuation of sequels, we have Dynasty Warriors!

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/dynasty-warriors-9-launches-early-2018-japan

Not much shown, but we can expect same as always.

Okay um first of all. IT ISN'T THE SAME GAME WE HAD FOR A DECADE. Next, the changed the FORMULA of GAMEPLAY, if you actually cared to read about the game. Next, we were asking for a release date for about ONE YEAR. Thank you learn to read if you care about Japanese stuff you would have known they CHANGED the game a lot. Also, I am not dissing you because you should say something else about Dynasty Warriors instead of what you typed assuming it was the SAME THING. Next time learn about the game before shutting it down as the same repetitive game you know it as.

End of rant.

P.S Also I didn't like you sh*tting on Koei just because they were doing a sequel to AOT. Let them, they got the rights so they can make the game.

P.S.S Rant now officially done.

Stop being a Weeaboo, it really is getting annoying.

Looks like we will probably see gal gun 2 localized since at least 1 screenshot had the text in English

40 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Okay um first of all. IT ISN'T THE SAME GAME WE HAD FOR A DECADE. Next, the changed the FORMULA of GAMEPLAY, if you actually cared to read about the game. Next, we were asking for a release date for about ONE YEAR. Thank you learn to read if you care about Japanese stuff you would have known they CHANGED the game a lot. Also, I am not dissing you because you should say something else about Dynasty Warriors instead of what you typed assuming it was the SAME THING. Next time learn about the game before shutting it down as the same repetitive game you know it as.

End of rant.

P.S Also I didn't like you sh*tting on Koei just because they were doing a sequel to AOT. Let them, they got the rights so they can make the game.

P.S.S Rant now officially done.

Holy crap, relax. It's just an opinion and a really valid one for a series that has been the same for a long time. No need to chew anyone's head off.

Calling someone a weaboo when they have an anime character as their avatar on here is so hypocritical too.

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Holy crap, relax. It's just an opinion and a really valid one for a series that has been the same for a long time. No need to chew anyone's head off.

Calling someone a weaboo when they have an anime character as their avatar on here is so hypocritical too.

There is a difference with that word. I am not. I do not speak Japanese, I do not follow anything Japanese to a tee nor do I praise ot like the "greatest country ever". That's the difference

On point, actually not really, if you are going to give information about a fame based off a conference, do not put your two sense. That's not spreading information that's giving a personal opinion. Lastly, the picture I have is random, I do not like showing my real face hence the photo, nothing to do with anime or japan. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Looks like we will probably see gal gun 2 localized since at least 1 screenshot had the text in English

You know, I wasn't going to rant as syumisan did but I was going to ask Satoshi about Dynasty warriors, and as syumisan pointed out I also had Satoshi as an important voice here about Japanese things. My knowledge of Japanese stuff is minus five and I knew that a new gameplay was the great novelty about the upcoming DW9, something very needed in the franchise, so a "we can expect the same as always" was alarming for me to read.

• Like 1

I'm really excited for Dragon's Crown Pro. I played Odin Sphere Leifthrasir a while ago and would love to play more Vanillaware games.

Shadow of the Colossus Remake is a definite buy of course.

Never played a Monster Hunter game and soon I will get my chance :)

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

16 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

You know, I wasn't going to rant as syumisan did but I was going to ask Satoshi about Dynasty warriors, and as syumisan pointed out I also had Satoshi as an important voice here about Japanese things. My knowledge of Japanese stuff is minus five and I knew that a new gameplay was the great novelty about the upcoming DW9, something very needed in the franchise, so a "we can expect the same as always" was alarming for me to read.

Thank you, that line pissed me off. It read to me as "I don't honestly give a sh*t anyway about this game so let me just say this without anyone noticing". Yes I get people have opinions but put it correctly. 

Thanks for the all the information, Satoshi! I totally forgot to watch Sony's conference this year, so this is mighty helpful. There are lots of games here I'm interested in. From the looks of it, this was far more exciting than their E3 conference this year.

And another thing... How is it somebody so nice and non-hostile as Satoshi able to trigger so many people? :P This isn't the first time I've seen somebody freak out at him for seemingly nothing. Like seriously, people need to calm the hell down and breathe. He didn't just insult your mother or something, he made a minor quip at a game series that has had a ton of sequels and spin-offs. Take it for the joke it was and move on.

Don't ever stop being you, Satoshi. Some of us enjoy your personality. :lol:

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

And another thing... How is it somebody so nice and non-hostile as Satoshi able to trigger so many people? :P This isn't the first time I've seen somebody freak out at him for seemingly nothing. Like seriously, people need to calm the hell down and breathe. He didn't just insult your mother or something, he made a minor quip at a game series that has had a ton of sequels and spin-offs. Take it for the joke it was and move on.

There is a problem, it wasn't a joke. Did you actually read anything about that particular game before making a judgement? No right? So I had a right to say *my opinion* in that regard just like he did with his. Just say the correct information about a game instead as dismissing it as the same. That's all. Wouldn't like it if someone said 'All Visual Novels are the same" statement would you? No you wouldn't and you would always disagree by saying it's different. Samething I am saying here, Dynasty Warriors 9 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Dynasty Warriors 8. Just my correct imput

22 minutes ago, syumisan said:

There is a problem, it wasn't a joke. Did you actually read anything about that particular game before making a judgement? No right? So I had a right to say *my opinion* in that regard just like he did with his. Just say the correct information about a game instead as dismissing it as the same. That's all. Wouldn't like it if someone said 'All Visual Novels are the same" statement would you? No you wouldn't and you would always disagree by saying it's different. Samething I am saying here, Dynasty Warriors 9 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Dynasty Warriors 8. Just my correct imput

You just proved his point. You're literally freaking out over nothing. It's just a video game, no need to act like it's a personal assault on your character. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, syumisan said:

I won't, tehe~ :awesome: 

10 hours ago, syumisan said:

I did? I'm pretty sure I made it obvious that I hate Eotenas, not Koei for doing Eotenas. Ok.

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

able to trigger so many people? :P 

Because I'm very hostile and not nice :awesome: 

Fun fact was that the sentence was about quality of the game, welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On the other hand... it's quite funny how one sentence can trigger someone so much =D Should I respect the fan kokoro? :awesome: 

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

This is the enjoyment for final fantasy IX, I can not forget. TGS tells us good news so everything is fine.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Not enough weebness this year :awesome: 

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

On the other hand... it's quite funny how one sentence can trigger someone so much =D Should I respect the fan kokoro? :awesome: 

Awesome Face is triggered

Edited by Shiki

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I did? I'm pretty sure I made it obvious that I hate Eotenas, not Koei for doing Eotenas. Ok.

Fun fact was that the sentence was about quality of the game, welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just next time specify what are you referring to, you wrote it as something general, not the appearance /quality of the game. 

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks for the all the information, Satoshi! I totally forgot to watch Sony's conference this year, so this is mighty helpful. There are lots of games here I'm interested in. From the looks of it, this was far more exciting than their E3 conference this year.

Don't ever stop being you, Satoshi. Some of us enjoy your personality. :lol:

The big rant from the other poster was too much but the sentence from OP wasn't a joke,  it was a general opinion of the game. Btw, in the case I was one of the people you were talking about,  I don't see something wrong with my comment.