Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

Didn't even know this was happening!

Guessing it will be based on the Windows and iOS port that was released a couple of years ago (like they did with FF7).

It's up on UK store for £16.99 reduced to £13.59 for PS Plus members.

EDIT: Just bought it and did a remote download to PS4, queued up 8 avatars and a theme in addition to the game.

Edited by FreeSpark22

Aren't remasters and HD versions the exact same thing? :P

As for the trophies... firstly I'm hoping PSNP change the name of the list to get rid of the hideous all caps. Besides that... this is gonna be an annoying plat. The skipping one is gonna be a nightmare. And then there's a speedrun required as well, I really hate speedruns, especially for RPGS. So not looking forward to that one.

Edit: So apparently cheats disable trophies... if it wasn't for the stupid speedrun I wouldn't mind that. But with a speedrun trophy? Nope, don't want this anymore!

Edited by Kapika96

Going to assume no plat for me unless someone finds an ez mode for the jumping. Should get everything else though. Its been a long time but Ozma might still rate as the hardest boss in the series for me and then jump roping again puts this(at least for the ones that ive played) as the hardest FF plat to me...not a fan of the deviation from easy plats but eh will have fun with what i do strive for.

Am considering saving this for my 2000th trophy milestone thing due to the Peek A Boo trophy though. I want.

Edited by TheFalseDeity

25 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

"Obtain Excalibur II."

Translation: play through the game in such a way as to have no fun whatsoever while doing so.

That is one thing I've never gotten.  Rest of the list looks fun though.  Can't remember if I ever had Vivi win the hunt.

6 minutes ago, Banana_Xtreme said:

I always wonder why Square are such cheapskates with silver trophies. Too much bronze in there

I saw that too, some of these are pretty hidden for new players and probably should have at least been more silvers, let alone golds. 

But I'm not complaining, if I don't plat it so be it. The fact I can play it on ps4 and vita(remote play is awesome :heart: ) is enough for me 

Edited by Dav9834

1 hour ago, FreeSpark22 said:

Didn't even know this was happening!

Guessing it will be based on the Windows and iOS port that was released a couple of years ago (like they did with FF7).

It's up on UK store for £16.99 reduced to £13.59 for PS Plus members.

EDIT: Just bought it and did a remote download to PS4, queued up 8 avatars and a theme in addition to the game.

It's not out yet is it? 

Just now, Xugashi said:

Holy fucking shit! I need a price tag ASAP! Here's to hoping they release the other classic FF games as well! All the way from 1-8 minus 7,9,10 and 12 which has been released on the PS4 already!

£16.99 in the UK store, with a 20% discount for PS+ members which brings it down to £13.59

So it'll probably be about $23 in the NA store

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

£16.99 in the UK store, with a 20% discount for PS+ members which brings it down to £13.59

So it'll probably be about $23 in the NA store

Just now, Xugashi said:

Much appreciated for the quick reply, friend! Time to go buy some PSN cards!:D

With PS+ it came to $16.79

Without PS+ it's $20 I believe 

5 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Final Fantasy trophy lists are generally hard though, with the exception of FFXV. There are always one or two trophies that are just stupid and make you want to roll your eyes. But FF fans just get on with it and usually obtain them in the end. Is there any FF plat that is ultra rare?

Other than XIV, no. That one is really only that rare because of the time commitment required. None of it is hard at this point with the expansions.