Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

6 hours ago, Dbarr74 said:

I can attest that I've been using PS4 remote play with an auto clicker, can't it get past about 24 jumps or so as a heads up. 

How do you even get one of those to work via remote play? I don't see any option to allow keyboard or mouse input?

Edited by CaptainSellers

This may be the first FF game I fail to plat (including XIV!) because of the jump rope game. I can't even tell when I'm going to fail or not. When the tempo changes I seem to immediately fail....almost always on the 20th skip. Are you supposed to double tap when it changes or something? Is the 20th skip still at the first pace, or is the 20th faster itself? I really don't get why they put this trophy in--there was plenty of challenge without it that didn't require surgical precision. This is coming from someone who actually dodged 200 lightning bolts in the FFX remaster, too. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, crusher_1220 said:

This may be the first FF game I fail to plat (including XIV!) because of the jump rope game. I can't even tell when I'm going to fail or not. When the tempo changes I seem to immediately fail....almost always on the 20th skip. Are you supposed to double tap when it changes or something? Is the 20th skip still at the first pace, or is the 20th faster itself? I really don't get why they put this trophy in--there was plenty of challenge without it that didn't require surgical precision. This is coming from someone who actually dodged 200 lightning bolts in the FFX remaster, too. 

From the official guide:

Jumping rope is fairly easy, but don't underestimate the game! The speed at which the rope moves increases at 20 jumps, increases again at 50 jumps, and then once again at 100 jumps. At 200 jumps, the speed subsides a bit, but the timing is different. After 300 jumps, the speed and timing of the jumps remain the same.

I suggest you watch when Vivi lands his jump, but it is important to watch the counter to know when you hit the milestones and the speed changes.

Edited by MMDE

6 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Teach me your ways X D, I can't keep a steady pace after 50 heh

I know @Omar mentioned it a few pages back and it's literally the ONLY way I could concentrate.

Turn Sound off but keep effects on. Get to 50 then after that it's basically rhythym. You're just tapping to it. Once you get to 100 it's literally only a tiny bit faster. The hardest is 200+ and I am 100000% convinced I got lucky. It's like a 1 2 beat. then 300+ is pretty simple if you can transition back. It's then maintaining it for 700 more presses.

It's hard to give advice when everyone has different methods of concentration. Some say look at the feet but once you get past 50 it's so hard to keep the rhythym and look at the screen

1 minute ago, bandoors_ksa said:

can you please do it for me via shareplay? i can't even pass 50

Not a chance, was ridiculously lucky on my own attempt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Meacham said:

I know @Omar mentioned it a few pages back and it's literally the ONLY way I could concentrate.

Turn Sound off but keep effects on. Get to 50 then after that it's basically rhythym. You're just tapping to it. Once you get to 100 it's literally only a tiny bit faster. The hardest is 200+ and I am 100000% convinced I got lucky. It's like a 1 2 beat. then 300+ is pretty simple if you can transition back. It's then maintaining it for 700 more presses.

It's hard to give advice when everyone has different methods of concentration. Some say look at the feet but once you get past 50 it's so hard to keep the rhythym and look at the screen

I will give it a go and spend more hours and hours on it next week with my week break. Thanks :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkbeuh said:

Some crazy bastards already got the Excalibur II trophy.

Still waiting on 1000 jumps though ?

Excalibur is easy enough with the boosts. The game's clock speed runs normally even with the speed boost. You can get the trophy within 5-7 hours routinely if you know where you are going. 

This is the first time that I can recall that when you beat the game you get a Bronze trophy. Normally it is gold, think I have seen silver before. I am sure it has happened in other games, maybe even one I have played, but for some reason it is sticking out to me here. It is a big deal to beat a game, typically a higher grade trophy is the reward for doing so.

Also, I wasn't moaning I couldn't get the jump rope trophy or do a speedrun, I just don't want to. I don't play RPGs, especially not Final Fantasy RPGs, to run through as fast as possible. For me, whole point of an RPG is to do all I can and pump as MANY hours into the game as I can. Yes, multiple play throughs, no big deal, but I still don't want to run through and do less then 12 hours. It is not me. I will break down and buy this when I get home, order a pizza and stay up all night playing it. FFIX is a great game, in my Top 5 Final Fantasy games. For the jump rope, I don't want to do that 1000 times. Hell don't even want to do it a 100 times. Especially not in a row. Total, yeah possibly. In a row? Nah, not for me. Look forward to getting back to Gaia, rocking my 4 person team of Zidane, Dagger, Vivi and Amarant and busting up Kuja. Not my favorite FF character to bust up (looking at you Reno with your suave hair, awesomely bad attitude and cool lines) but still a good day to put the hurt on him.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Meacham said:

Guys and girls...

If you're failing, go to sleep. I woke up this morning and on my 4th attempt. I managed to do this.

When I say 4th attempt today, I had to basically figure out a whole rhythym yesterday so when I came to it today I had it nailed in place.

I'll note how I managed it.

• Turn the sound off in the config menu but keep Sound effects On
  • Try to maintain the beat. I found the first 50 pretty simple. 
  • From 50 I didn't look at my screen, I focused on my controller and went to the beat
  • 100 - 200 is only a tiny bit faster than 50-100
  • At 200 it's sort of like a 1 2 beat. It goes sort of like 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 (Hardest part about the skip rope is the transition into this)
  • 300 is back down to one beat at around the same pace. Then it's all about maintaining for another 700
  • I kind of mimed the beat with my lips. When I got the beat and my miming in sync I then had my miming in sync with my pressing (Hard to explain but it does make sense.)
  • Overall concentrate on the TV for the first 50 skips then once it hits 50 go into the concentration with the miming and staring at the controller just don't stare at the TV and just concentrate on the rhythym of the mime and the beat.

Thought I'd edit this post on how I managed to do it. Had a lot of messages about completing it and what I did and it's quite hard to explain so hopefully it's clear. Also, I WILL NOT be doing share play. You've got to understand. I got really lucky on my attempt. Before I hit this, my number 2 on the skipping leaderboards was 256 so I got lucky.

Reveal hidden contents

KLVCtaM.jpg

You are completely correct, and it has been proven that nothing is impossible! but people who suffer from anxiety will be very difficult to get the trophy, it takes calm and quickness in the fingers .. I have already reached the middle but i will try on the weekend that is when i have more time and patience ..

Btw a great video by @chobitsza-us

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

You are completely correct, and it has been proven that nothing is impossible! but people who suffer from anxiety will be very difficult to get the trophy, it takes calm and quickness in the fingers .. I have already reached the middle but i will try on the weekend that is when i have more time and patience ..

Btw a great video by @chobitsza-us

Oh definitely it's completely possible it just depends on how patient you are. Yeah, I could see why it would be hard if you have anxiety

Anything that helps you focus is what it's all about though, I just found my way easiest for me. If you've got that far I have no doubt you'll be able to master this by the weekend!

Good luck :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Meacham said:

Oh definitely it's completely possible it just depends on how patient you are. Yeah, I could see why it would be hard if you have anxiety

Anything that helps you focus is what it's all about though, I just found my way easiest for me. If you've got that far I have no doubt you'll be able to master this by the weekend!

Good luck :D

I already got this item on ps1 so whoever gets it once gets two eheheheh
it's hard to concentrate since there's always noise in my house and the cats never left my room.. but i promise soon i will get this trophy, congratz man :) 

Edited by Rose Amicitia
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Meacham said:

Guys and girls...

If you're failing, go to sleep. I woke up this morning and on my 4th attempt. I managed to do this.

When I say 4th attempt today, I had to basically figure out a whole rhythym yesterday so when I came to it today I had it nailed in place.

I'll note how I managed it.

• Turn the sound off in the config menu but keep Sound effects On
  • Try to maintain the beat. I found the first 50 pretty simple. 
  • From 50 I didn't look at my screen, I focused on my controller and went to the beat
  • 100 - 200 is only a tiny bit faster than 50-100
  • At 200 it's sort of like a 1 2 beat. It goes sort of like 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 1,2 (Hardest part about the skip rope is the transition into this)
  • 300 is back down to one beat at around the same pace. Then it's all about maintaining for another 700
  • I kind of mimed the beat with my lips. When I got the beat and my miming in sync I then had my miming in sync with my pressing (Hard to explain but it does make sense.)
  • Overall concentrate on the TV for the first 50 skips then once it hits 50 go into the concentration with the miming and staring at the controller just don't stare at the TV and just concentrate on the rhythym of the mime and the beat.

Thought I'd edit this post on how I managed to do it. Had a lot of messages about completing it and what I did and it's quite hard to explain so hopefully it's clear. Also, I WILL NOT be doing share play. You've got to understand. I got really lucky on my attempt. Before I hit this, my number 2 on the skipping leaderboards was 256 so I got lucky.

Hide contents

KLVCtaM.jpg

Happy to be of help! Congratulations!! :yay::yay: 

• Like 1

Personally incredibly disappointed that the 9999 damage cheat, speed hack and no encounter cheat do not disable trophies. It makes all trophies except for the 1000 robe skips an absolute joke. Here I was thinking FF9, my favourite FF game, finally might get a hard trophy list unlike all the piss poor easy lists already out there.