Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

16 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

I think you seriously re-consider if trophy hunting is for you if it causes you this much distress. From the sounds of it, it's making you unhappy, so stop concerning yourself with it. Games are ultimately about having fun, and if you're not having fun, you're wasting your time. Alternatively, you could also create an alternate account that isn't linked to the internet to play games with trophy lists beyond your skill level - that way you can still enjoy games without ever having to worry about seeing your trophy list (as the Playstation 4 will not allow you to look at trophies without being signed into the Playstation Network).

PS - There's no shame in having an alt-account, by the way. A lot of us do. I definitely use mine to enjoy games I don't have the skill/time to platinum (Amplitude, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinity, etc.)

I will say I can see where he is coming from as I have anxiety and OCD but yea if its causing serious problems for you then I would reconsider the whole thing.

Edited by GrayFox666

On 9/25/2017 at 5:18 PM, Myu said:

The girls don't hate you or whatever, those are just dialogue choices to get Barrett to go with you on the Gold Saucer. There's nothing even remotely difficult about that trophy either. 

I think what he means is that you have to alter the way you'd approach Aeris, Tifa, and Yuffie drastically to get Barrett to go on the date. Most players would get Aeris or Tifa on their first attempt, unless they really favored Yuffie for some reason. There's no way you're getting Barrett unless you make every dialogue choice, party formation, etc. against the girls and for Barrett. For players who are looking to replay FFVII and get the full experience, it's a bad trophy because it's dictating your interaction with a full third of the cast. I agree that it's not difficult--but that doesn't make it a good trophy. 

10 hours ago, crusher_1220 said:

I think what he means is that you have to alter the way you'd approach Aeris, Tifa, and Yuffie drastically to get Barrett to go on the date. Most players would get Aeris or Tifa on their first attempt, unless they really favored Yuffie for some reason. There's no way you're getting Barrett unless you make every dialogue choice, party formation, etc. against the girls and for Barrett. For players who are looking to replay FFVII and get the full experience, it's a bad trophy because it's dictating your interaction with a full third of the cast. I agree that it's not difficult--but that doesn't make it a good trophy. 

I agree with you but there's a trick right before going to the Gold Saucer where you can repeat the same dialogue over and over to boost Barrett's affection stat. You can save your game, get Barrett's affection to skyrocket, get the scene and the trophy in the Gold Saucer and just reload to keep on with the game. :) 

On 9/22/2017 at 11:39 PM, Griffon234 said:

Dont forget Gradual Petrify, and Doom. I'm pretty sure you don't need to have them all at once. Just all of them on 1 character. 

Well lets hope so, because the Wiki technically lists KO as a status which would then imply it can be over the course of the game on 1 character. I'm sure with luck this will be a natural thing but might take some manipulation if you miss some of the status especially if you got anti-status skills equipped like loudmouth/bright eyes, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to find friendly MU for the life of me. I don't remember even encountering it. I read that even if you hit it, you can still encounter it. I don't think you can. On disc for and I'm up for almost two hours now trying to find him between Ice Cavern and Dali. The Yan runs away and I'm positive it's the only one I still need to do (mu).

Never mind, I missed Yeti

Edited by Starlove-

• 1 month later...
On 19/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, bogaards1997 said:

I am right after the shrine part and my treasure huner rank is C. I want to know if it is still possible for me to get the S rank on this playthrough.(Done the chocograph part and got all but 2 birdlady coins,missed only the figurines from the mayor house and the last coffee.)

I’d say it’s unlikely by that point if you’ve done all the chocograph stuff. You can definitely get it on a speed run though.

Lately ive got the feeling that SE makes trophies to annoy us. The Bloodlust trophy is just stupid and way over the top and the Hail to the King trophy is just simply mean but its the same with XV where the DLC trophies are way harder then  the core game so i dont wanna know what kind of BS they plan on the VIII port witch hopefully will come.

I didnt payed mutch attention to the  Treasure hunter Trophy and after i finished the Chocographs i also was rank C but when you try to open all the chests you can find and do the auction house as well as chocobos break level then it shoudnt be a issue since the trophy isnt treasure related as much as i know