Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

Just now, JaM said:

are the avatars also available now on US PSN? I need Vivi avatar :3

oh boy... lots of missable trophies but I really don't mind. Wonder how reaching level 99 will take though, could remember that the highest level I got was level 50+.

You get them all with the game pal :D 

• Like 1

Excalibur II is at least doable once you know where to go, what to do and have a guide handy to help maximize your times.

Jump rope on the other hand....fuuuuuuuuuuu....I've maxed at like 70. That's going to be a pain. Not looking like a plausable plat for me unless a guide gets released that somehow finds a way to make jump rope easy mode.

2 hours ago, Dead_By_Noon said:

On 1 side I'm so happy that my favourite game ever is actually coming out with the trophies, on the other hand... I was never even close getting the 1000 jumps on the rope... Gutted. 

Speedrun might be fun, though.

I have done everything in this game but the jump rope. Over the years since the original release and future runs I have played, its the only thing I never could accomplish, so I think its time to finally cross that of my list and get closure.

24 minutes ago, MysticjMax said:

Having played through the original PS game as a high schooler, I can say this is my least favorite Final Fantasy. I didn't hate the characters or anything like that, but it was boring as heck for me. Now that they reported it and I saw the list, I saw some very unfriendly trophies that made this game a complete no-go for me:

• Beat Ozma, the secret boss: YEEEEEEEAH, who in the FFIX community has even done that. Ozma is the ultimate troll boss. Unless the Steam version fixes some of his attacks to not be insanely OP, good luck with that! :(
  • Get 1000 perfect skips on the jump rope minigame: No way, Jose.
  • Win 1000 Tetra Master matches: NOPE.

I am passing on this game.

It's 100 Tetra Master games, not 1000. Ozma also isn't *that* hard and has definitely been beaten by a lot of people in the "FFIX community" :P He can even be beaten without ever doing the friendly monsters quest and before beating Hades, which is is what I usually do too when I get the urge to replay IX since the Yan island can be a pain sometimes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

Edit: So apparently cheats disable trophies... if it wasn't for the stupid speedrun I wouldn't mind that. But with a speedrun trophy? Nope, don't want this anymore!

That certainly changes the game. But this actually makes it MORE interesting to me. I've never gotten Excalibur II before.

Just started a new game, and opened the menu the second I was able to control Zidane. Was curious about the boosters, you can find them under 'Config'. You have the options to choose Master Abilities (Abilities will be mastered automatically upon obtaining weapons and gear), Lv/Mag stone Max (Character level and magic stone count will be set to maximum) and Gil Max (Your character's gil will be set to maximum). Sound pretty cool, but it also says everytime 'This feature cannot be disabled once active. You will also be unable to earn trophies.' Seems that with these features on you can't earn any trophies, but I didn't try it out myself. Should be the permanent boosts.

The other features you can activate at any point in the game are temporary. Just press 'Options' to enter the pause screen and in the lower right corner are four extremely helpful features. L1 for Battle Assistance (basically Invincibility), L2 for 9999 (maximum damage), R1 for High Speed Mode (2x speed for any actions in and outside battles) and R2 Safe Travel (no enemy encounters). I think it's safe to say that you'll still be able to earn trophies while the temporary modes are active because FFVII doesn't disable trophies if you use god mode with R3. I'm going to try to get some trophies with these modes active and just hoping for the best. Hope that answered some questions for you. :)

Edited by m_h2110
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, zadorvp said:

It's 100 Tetra Master games, not 1000. Ozma also isn't *that* hard and has definitely been beaten by a lot of people in the "FFIX community" :P He can even be beaten without ever doing the friendly monsters quest and before beating Hades, which is is what I usually do too when I get the urge to replay IX since the Yan island can be a pain sometimes.

That's pretty awesome, too. I loved when I beat Ozma that Hades basically says, "Crap - I have no chance."

The guide on Gamefaqs was very good for Ozma. I beat him the first time I fought him with it, back in the day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? FF9 GOT TROPHIES?  It's the best news I've gotten after a day at work ... IT'S TIME FOR TRANSFORMATION @Iris Heart 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D:D

*snip*

LOL, I know, right? I really loved this game when I played it 12 years ago. I even beat it twice. xD And beating Ozma twice was so cool. xD

It's transformation time!!!!! xD

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_np9frcJxA31scbc6h_500.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m_h2110 said:

Just started a new game, and opened the menu the second I was able to control Zidane. Was curious about the boosters, you can find them under 'Config'. You have the options to choose Master Abilities (Abilities will be mastered automatically upon obtaining weapons and gear), Lv/Mag stone Max (Character level and magic stone count will be set to maximum) and Gil Max (Your character's gil will be set to maximum). Sound pretty cool, but it also says everytime 'This feature cannot be disabled once active. You will also be unable to earn trophies.' Seems that with these features on you can't earn any trophies, but I didn't try it out myself. Should be the permanent boosts.

The other features you can activate at any point in the game are temporary. Just press 'Options' to enter the pause screen and in the right corner are four extremely helpful features. L1 for Battle Assistance (basically Invincibility), L2 for 9999 (maximum damage), R1 for High Speed Mode (2x speed for any actions in and outside battles) and R2 Safe Travel (no enemy encounters). I think it's safe to say that you'll still be able to earn trophies while the temporary modes are active because FFVII doesn't disable trophies if you use god mode with R3. I'm going to try to get some trophies with these modes active and just hoping for the best. Hope that answered some questions for you. :)

That should be pretty quick to test. I look forward to your results!

1 minute ago, Iris Heart said:

LOL, I know, right? I really loved this game when I played it 12 years ago. I even beat it twice. xD And beating Ozma twice was so cool. xD

It's transformation time!!!!! xD

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_np9frcJxA31scbc6h_500.gif

The only thing i never done on this game : getting excalibur 2,
I will complete this challenge no matter what !

its over 9000000000  :P

Spoiler

cf9cb22abe3561e7dd399a9978c063181b05675f

8 minutes ago, m_h2110 said:

The other features you can activate at any point in the game are temporary. Just press 'Options' to enter the pause screen and in the lower right corner are four extremely helpful features. L1 for Battle Assistance (basically Invincibility), L2 for 9999 (maximum damage), R1 for High Speed Mode (2x speed for any actions in and outside battles) and R2 Safe Travel (no enemy encounters). I think it's safe to say that you'll still be able to earn trophies while the temporary modes are active because FFVII doesn't disable trophies if you use god mode with R3. I'm going to try to get some trophies with these modes active and just hoping for the best. Hope that answered some questions for you. :)

Confirm that trophy work with cheat in option menu. Didn't try booster yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

The only thing i never done on this game : getting excalibur 2,
I will complete this challenge no matter what !

its over 9000000000  :P

Reveal hidden contents

cf9cb22abe3561e7dd399a9978c063181b05675f

LOL, I never heard of Excalibur 2. It sounds like a pain, but not so hard for a pro gamer like you. :D

Well, it really looks horrible, especially because I like to idle a lot in JRPGs. 

Spoiler

e1f33407e27070b138dfd2329adf844b.gif

1 minute ago, Iris Heart said:

LOL, I never heard of Excalibur 2. It sounds like a pain, but not so hard for a pro gamer like you. :D

Well, it really looks horrible, especially because I like to idle a lot in JRPGs. 

Reveal hidden contents

e1f33407e27070b138dfd2329adf844b.gif

I think it's going to be awful. The completionist in me wants to do it, but that's it.

By the way, for people who've obtained this before, does it carry over into other save files?

• Like 1

For every sane person that sees the Hail to the King trophy and shakes their head at this list, there is one masochistic asshole that smirks and accepts the challenge.

I'll just watch people play through this at a distance. I'd be tempted to give it a go, but I'm waiting for a Nintendo Switch to become in stock locally so I can finally buy one.

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I think it's going to be awful. The completionist in me wants to do it, but that's it.

By the way, for people who've obtained this before, does it carry over into other save files?

I don't think I can get this trophy at all. But I really wanna enjoy the game again. xD

4 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

It does not carry over (especially since there's no NG+). You technically can get EII and do (almost) everything in the game in one playthrough if you want. There are guides for that :P

Option menu cheats (Battle assistance, speed up, all 9999 damage and no encounters) DOES NOT disable trophies as all mine have been earned with some form of these on. The Excalibur 2 trophy should also not be as bad as the speed up booster DOES NOT speed up the in game timer. This allows you to fly through the game when combined with the 9999 damage and the battle assistance. Plus if you press L2 it does auto battle and all of your team seem to hit before the boss. Cut scenes are also skippable so I might actually attempt the Excalibur 2 for once. 

The jump rope on the other hand is gonna be the make or break for a lot of people. Got to 54 earlier and gave up swiftly.

The speed up can also be used in Chocobo hot and cold without speeding up the timer in that game allowing you to cover more ground quickly. Within ten minutes I had all the chocographs from Choco Forest and beak level to about 25 as nearly every run had 8 objects.

• Like 4

Just now, zadorvp said:

It does not carry over (especially since there's no NG+). You technically can get EII and do (almost) everything in the game in one playthrough if you want. There are guides for that :P

I knew there wasn't NG+, but I kind of hoped that since the save file with EXII was there, other save files on the same card might have recognized it or something. That's really lame.

A true 100% complete run would be something. I remember reading a guide on a low-level run, but I gave up on it early on.

1 minute ago, Malachen said:

Option menu cheats (Battle assistance, speed up, all 9999 damage and no encounters) DOES NOT disable trophies as all mine have been earned with some form of these on. The Excalibur 2 trophy should also not be as bad as the speed up booster DOES NOT speed up the in game timer. This allows you to fly through the game when combined with the 9999 damage and the battle assistance. Plus if you press L2 it does auto battle and all of your team seem to hit before the boss. Cut scenes are also skippable so I might actually attempt the Excalibur 2 for once. 

The jump rope on the other hand is gonna be the make or break for a lot of people. Got to 54 earlier and gave up swiftly.

The speed up can also be used in Chocobo hot and cold without speeding up the timer in that game allowing you to cover more ground quickly. Within ten minutes I had all the chocographs from Choco Forest and beak level to about 25 as nearly every run had 8 objects.

So, what you're saying is that this is going to be really easy, huh? xD