Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

58 minutes ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

And you just made my point that i tried to make in my previous post.

Like it is your choice. But trophy lists shouldn't detract people from buying a game they love. 

I don't like the idea of not purchasing a game because of a trophy list, but I can make an exception for rereleases or ports on the PS4 and for a few individuals.

I mean, you can get the same game on the PS3 for cheaper and without the agony of trying to get all the trophies. People who covet their 100% completion rating may play it on a different system like PC, PS3, or even boot up the old PS1 or PS2 instead. I don't see any issues with this.

For those who have not played the game ever and are avoiding this game like the plague. Well then, shame on you. Get it on a different console at least! :P

I plan on getting it on sale like I did for FF7. Already have it on PS3 and as great as it is, it isn't worth the extra 12 bucks for trophies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I don't like the idea of not purchasing a game because of a trophy list, but I can make an exception for rereleases or ports on the PS4 and for a few individuals.

I mean, you can get the same game on the PS3 for cheaper and without the agony of trying to get all the trophies. People who covet their 100% completion rating may play it on a different system like PC, PS3, or even boot up the old PS1 or PS2 instead. I don't see any issues with this.

For those who have not played the game ever and are avoiding this game like the plague. Well then, shame on you. Get it on a different console at least! :P

I plan on getting it on sale like I did for FF7. Already have it on PS3 and as great as it is, it isn't worth the extra 12 bucks for trophies.

Totally agree with all you said. I still can't past the fact that they allow you to earn trophies with all those battle system breaking cheats... It's like they are saying, "Hey, it's okay if you don't like the battle system. We get it and agree." :( And for people who says, it's okay, it's their choice, sure, but just imagine if all the games you bought came with a cheat menu. Like if your favorite game had a built-in button to just skip most of the gameplay. Like wtf? :S 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

Why is it that all of you are so concerned with the platinum??

Because some people like to get all the trophies, but no matter how you love to get trophies, getting STUPID trophies is beyond any comprehension. And the 1000 jumps trophy is far beyond any limit. There's infinite ways to make trophies, to make them fun, but at the same time, a little challenging, or even to prove your mastery to others by completing really difficult tasks, like, dunno, complete the maximum difficulty without any retries or any health items in several games, but what are you proving with 1000 jumps? nothing. This is the 200 lightning dodge trophy from FFX but 5 times worst.

NHHguaG.png

"why you get so mad over digital achievements?"

Because I can, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Well, you can get to Excalibur II in like 9 hours and some 15 minutes or something, and the time you'd need to get there is 12 hours, so there's some room. I thought such a speedrun would have been great. You'd have to play the game a bit differently and use different skills, get deeper into the gameplay etc. :) As it is now, it's just a waste of time. You can just run through the entire game do 9999 damage to all enemies and really not do any of the strategic stuff. It wouldn't have been overly difficult anyway. What is difficult is 1000 skips and the athlete queen, which breaking the battlesystem won't help you with one bit.

And I'm all for speedhack and even maybe no encounter, but the rest of the cheats just breaks the gameplay.

True, Ozma is piss easy with reflect + absorb/immune/reduce darkness element. Then you can spam spells against your party, especially some powerful dark spells, and you'd win. But this is the kind of things you'd try to fix your party towards. Same with other bosses, especially in the 12 hour run, but nope, the battlesystem is broken with the cheats. :( It's sad to see Square Enix be this ashamed of what made them great in the first place.

I suspect that even with the game breaking, and they truly are, cheats, the plat will become ultra rare. Sucks they had to go the path of allowing you to earn trophies with cheats on, the game doesn't need it at all, and adding the 1k jump ropes and athlete queen trophies. I wanted some for the coffee side quest.

There is a trophy for the coffee side quest... that's how you get the Mini Prima Vista xD

14 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Totally agree with all you said. I still can't past the fact that they allow you to earn trophies with all those battle system breaking cheats... It's like they are saying, "Hey, it's okay if you don't like the battle system. We get it and agree." :( And for people who says, it's okay, it's their choice, sure, but just imagine if all the games you bought came with a cheat menu. Like if your favorite game had a built-in button to just skip most of the gameplay. Like wtf? :S 

Yeah, when I get this game, I am literally playing through the game without using any cheats. I find no satisfaction in being on God mode and forcing your way through the game. No strategy in it. That's my favorite part in FF games... Strategy.

5 hours ago, locutus442 said:

The one trophy I was hoping wasn't going to be there is there.  I have never got Excalibur II legit before and doing an extreme speed run just for Excalibur II takes all of the fun out of it.  Nonetheless, I will be getting it at some point.

How mant Hours are needed to do for the excalibur II?

27 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, you need to get to a certain point in the final dungeon in under 12 hours.

You can do it on 5 with boosts. No hard trophy. Now the jump thing...

1 minute ago, Rose Amicitia said:

I jumped 543 times, then had to rest my finger .. half done half left

Please tell me you can use a turbo controller :(

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

And for people who says, it's okay, it's their choice, sure, but just imagine if all the games you bought came with a cheat menu.

Actually that doesn't sound bad. Cheats for every game? That'd be cool.

And I'm one of those choice ppl.

1 hour ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Apparently, there's a cheat for the Steam version in which you can simply mouse click the exclamation mark repeatedly and you can never miss a jump that way:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/361787186422679797/

Aren't there keyboards and mouses for PS4 already?

I believe you can use mouse/keyboard for some games.

Maybe this one too?!?

40 minutes ago, QuietCool187 said:

Has anyone figured out which trophies are missable besides Excalibur II?

Missable trophies:

• Driving the Hard Bargain (buying all items from the travelling mog)
  • Mister Nice Guy (special friendly enemies that ask for items. You must give them what they ask for. not to be confused with gimme cats. you can tell the difference by listening to the song, which is the same as the quiz guy. Is missable because you may run out of the items they request)
  • My Little Airship (coffee/Morrid sidequest, you've to obtain coffee at various times in the game, at least one of them is highly missable).
  • Dragon Lady (special thing you do in a store in Treno on disc 2)
  • Another Man's Treasure (find most treasure chests in the game)
  • A Round of Applause (fighting/theater mini game at the very start of the game, you need perfect score)
  • A-Hunting We Will Go (beat a special event during disc 1? but you need to beat it with Vivi)
  • The One Ring (a special mini game during disc 2)
  • Peek-A-Boo (not sure if missable, but could be)
  • Track Star (can't remember if accessible in disc 4, but it's when you can enter alexandria on disc 3)
  • Found in the Shuffle (same as Track Star)
  • Movie Critic (I think this is for viewing all Active Time Events)
  • Over the Moon (highly missable, various requirements)
  • The Ultimate Sword (reach end of disc 4 in 12 hours, atm, around 9 hours and 15 minutes is the fastest you can do this)
  • Your Lucky Day (can't remember, but it's Dali village, which you get to early disc 1).
  • Out of Harm's Way (highly missable, small story related event during near end of disc 1, when you reach the top of the sandstorm location).

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Actually that doesn't sound bad. Cheats for every game? That'd be cool.

And I'm one of those choice ppl.

I believe you can use mouse/keyboard for some games.

Maybe this one too?!?

The question is then, why do you play the game? These cheats makes it so you skip the game. The fact is, so many people will have a different experience playing this game now, simply because they got the choice, and it's probably not for the better... This has way more to do with Square Enix being embarrassed about their previous games, the games that made them.

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Missable trophies:

• Driving the Hard Bargain (buying all items from the travelling mog)
  • Sword of Kings (must win specific items at the auction house and then sell it to the right people in the city)
  • Beating the Ragtime Blues (special enemy you can meet various places in the world, will ask you questions, and you will have to attack the correct answer true/false all 20? times).
  • Mister Nice Guy (a bit like the quiz guy, but this is special friendly enemies that ask for items. You must give them what they ask for. not to be confused with gimme cats.)
  • My Little Airship (coffee/Morrid sidequest, you've to obtain coffee at various times in the game, at least one of them is highly missable).
  • Earning the Queen's Favor (may be missable, not sure, but you need all of a special item found at various locations)
  • What's Your Sign? (related to the Earning the Queen's Favor)
  • Another Man's Treasure (find all treasure chests in the game)
  • A Round of Applause (fighting/theater mini game at the very start of the game, you need perfect score)
  • A-Hunting We Will Go (beat a special event during disc 1? maybe disc 2, can't remember, but you need to beat it with Vivi)
  • Peek-A-Boo (not sure if missable, but could be)
  • Track Star (can't remember if accessible in disc 4, but it's when you can enter alexandria on disc 3)
  • Nero Brothers (same as Track Star)
  • Movie Critic (I think this is for viewing all Active Time Events)
  • Over the Moon (highly missable, various requirements)
  • The Ultimate Sword (reach end of disc 4 in 12 hours, atm, around 9 hours and 15 minutes is the fastest you can do this)
  • Path of the Samurai (several locations, but some must be stolen from bosses)
  • Your Lucky Day (can't remember, but it's Dali village, which you get to early disc 1).
  • Out of Harm's Way (highly missable, small story related event during near end of disc 1, when you reach the top of the sandstorm location).

Wow you're awesome! Thank you! Looks like I may do three playthroughs so I can play this game blind then. That is a lot of missables!