Final Fantasy IX Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

No. You can't click too early or too late, and it changes speed. You would need to program a controller to do it for you.

Well, that is a bummer. I do not think it will be physically possible for me to obtain this plat unless I have someone else do it for me. I struggle with long term rhythm focused trophies due to some health issues. 

Is there a way to program a controller to do this? Does the PS4 even have that capability? 

Edited by Capt_Ponyholder

Hour 6, still on the stupid rope trophy. Highest I've gotten is 892.

Could someone make a visual video guide that is like a rhythm game? A metronome that's easy to read?

Also it's annoying that when the beat changes, it seems semi-random on the speed between the first and second jump of that transition. Sometimes I have to double-tap, sometimes I have to slow down, sometimes it's normal. In particular it's 100 and 200.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Capt_Ponyholder said:

Is there a way to program a controller to do this? Does the PS4 even have that capability? 

There might be controllers out there for this. There might be a chance mod chips can do it, especially if their clock and sleep function etc is precise enough. PS3 was easier to make a controller for, PS4 requires some extra code. There are probably some specialized hardware out there for this too. If you're any good at programming, I'm sure you can find some library to get the connection going, either USB or bluetooth, and be able to program the inputs etc. :P Else, I believe there are controllers that could do this in some way, but not sure.

3 minutes ago, Niryna said:

Could someone make a visual video guide that is like a rhythm game? A metronome that's easy to read?

Also it's annoying that when the beat changes, it seems semi-random on the speed between the first and second jump of that transition. Sometimes I have to double-tap, sometimes I have to slow down, sometimes it's normal. In particular it's 100 and 200.

Pretty sure I already quoted from the official guide about this to you before:

Jumping rope is fairly easy, but don't underestimate the game! The speed at which the rope moves increases at 20 jumps, increases again at 50 jumps, and then once again at 100 jumps. At 200 jumps, the speed subsides a bit, but the timing is different. After 300 jumps, the speed and timing of the jumps remain the same.

Edited by MMDE

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Pretty sure I already quoted from the official guide about this to you before:

Yeah, the speed picks up at 20 jumps, 50, 100, 200 and 300.

However, the transition between the speeds are still oddly random at times. Sometimes you have to double tap quickly, sometimes it's slightly off-key.

Relevant for transition to 100 speed.

02:04.020 (79) -> 02:04.400 (71) -> 02:04.823 (85) -> 02:05.176, and then stable at 77.2 BPM.

18 minutes ago, Dbarr74 said:

I can attest that I've been using PS4 remote play with an auto clicker, can't it get past about 24 jumps or so as a heads up. 

Is that using the Steam autoclicking programs? I think that is probably the best bet to get this to work as I forgot about remote play entirely. 

Just now, Capt_Ponyholder said:

Is that using the Steam autoclicking programs? I think that is probably the best bet to get this to work as I forgot about remote play entirely. 

not really steam itself, just remoteplay, a button mapping program to make mouse clicks X, then a simple autoclicker tool.

I did just close my eyes and go with the rhythm of it from the footsteps (music off), made it to 109  my 2nd try, now I can't get past 50 lol

Just now, Dbarr74 said:

not really steam itself, just remoteplay, a button mapping program to make mouse clicks X, then a simple autoclicker tool.

I did just close my eyes and go with the rhythm of it from the footsteps (music off), made it to 109  my 2nd try, now I can't get past 50 lol

I know there are autoclicking scripts for Final Fantasy IX from when the Steam version hit. Try to see if you can get one of those up and running. It may help. 

12 hours ago, ID-69 said:

I want the 1000 skips, though. When I was a kid, I got to 2000 skips and only stopped because I got bored. Wasn't easy to get to that level, though. 

I never got any close from achieving it, but it should be easier now that I started to play Crypt of the Necrodancer lol.

46 minutes ago, Capt_Ponyholder said:

I know there are autoclicking scripts for Final Fantasy IX from when the Steam version hit. Try to see if you can get one of those up and running. It may help. 

This steam thread seems relevant to those trying with an autoclicker.

With the right program I would think this is possible even with the delay.

1 minute ago, kingdrake2 said:

i like that list, long as there's only that speed portion on disc 4. it's something i may play in future (welcoming of more final fantasy games) from the retro (personally wanting 8 because of triple triad).

I would love 8 to be re-released as well. While not my favorite Final Fantasy (or even objectively all that great of a game in general), I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capt_Ponyholder said:

none seem to work, doesn't recognize the remote play window compared to steam window, not sure.

1 hour ago, Zetakitsune said:

This steam thread seems relevant to those trying with an autoclicker.

With the right program I would think this is possible even with the delay.

I've been trying different configurations/programs in order to cheese it, but alas, it hasn't bore fruit.  The closest I've managed is by using autokeyboard over remote play and have it press "enter" every 5ms, but it always collapses at around the 30 jump mark.  In most instances it doesn't even get out of the single digits.

I've not played the Steam version but with what everyone is saying I'm assuming the clock has been fixed for Excalibur II? Back on the original PS1 copies if the clock went past 100 hours it would restart from 0 but in red; the game would then think your time is at the beginning again so could go and get Excalibur II without worrying about rushing or anything.

I know people will be wanting to get this trophy out the way as quick as possible, but depending on how invested you get in the game and how long it takes to beat the skipping mini game you might be closer to 100 hours than you think.

As for the skipping my highest was in the region of 1500 but that was after a solid 20 hours of constantly trying to do it.

EDIT

Seems like my 9 year old brain from back in the day thought the clock overflow thing was true! Could have sworn it was. ??

Edited by odie8391

OMG! There's a trophy for beating Ozma! Finally a trophy worth bragging about!:D

3 hours ago, Capt_Ponyholder said:

I would love 8 to be re-released as well. While not my favorite Final Fantasy (or even objectively all that great of a game in general), I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

I hope so too, hey, we got 7,9,10 and 12 so far. I highly doubt 8 will be a pipe dream!:D

46 minutes ago, odie8391 said:

I've not played the Steam version but with what everyone is saying I'm assuming the clock has been fixed for Excalibur II? Back on the original PS1 copies if the clock went past 100 hours it would restart from 0 but in red; the game would then think your time is at the beginning again so could go and get Excalibur II without worrying about rushing or anything.

I know people will be wanting to get this trophy out the way as quick as possible, but depending on how invested you get in the game and how long it takes to beat the skipping mini game you might be closer to 100 hours than you think.

As for the skipping my highest was in the region of 1500 but that was after a solid 20 hours of constantly trying to do it.

EDIT

Seems like my 9 year old brain from back in the day thought the clock overflow thing was true! Could have sworn it was. 1f602.png1f602.png

it is true, but I think its 2 years of game time before it rolls over. 

5 hours ago, Niryna said:

892? Fair play!

A few years back my friend and I were discussing trophies and we said how we hated trophies that make you do ridiculous things that you wouldn't normally do if the trophy didn't exist, or didn't add enjoyment to the game, like walking backwards for 1,000 miles.

We laughed cause it was a ridiculous example, because no game could possibly have such a tedious requirement Well...

• Like 1